September 2012 Moms

Tumbleweed and crickets

Anyone here? :(

I want to know if anyone watched the Grammys and if they thought it sucked ass. Did anyone watch The walking dead and should I start a separate thread to talk about it?

How was the weekend?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green

Re: Tumbleweed and crickets

• What do you think of that fucking douche Kanye?

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm here, but just about to clean my house. My mom was visiting since Wednesday last week. She always brings so much stuff. We are officially out of room. Now I need to go through and purge a bunch of stuff, and probably get rid of some of the stuff she brought.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • @penelopepond that's a long time. How far away does she live?

• I'm here.

Yes, the Grammy's sucked ass.  I couldn't believe how boring it was.  Kanye was terrible on his own and only got worse when he got on stage with Paul McCartney, they put a microphone in front of him and we couldn't even hear him sing.  Just the tone deaf Rihanna and Kanye.  It was a travesty.  I only watched to see Sam Smith and Mary J. Blige.  That part was awesome.  And Madonna?  Just stop it.
  • Oh here's a lesson for you guys: You have to give your baby a bottle as soon as possible because if you don't they may never take a bottle. It's called nipple confusion. -MIL Now you know the trufe ladies.

8-|

She is so full of helpfulness.
  • I'll watch E! news today to catch up on any Grammy news. I did hear that "Who is Beck" was trending. Kids are dumb, Beck is awesome. He is a big part of the soundtrack of my high school years.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I didn't watch the Grammys. Sounds like I didn't miss much. Sawyer and Lennon were sick this weekend, but Emma had State Cup for soccer. So I dragged my sick little kids to a soccer tournament. Emma played her little heart out and her team advanced to the next round, I'm super proud of her. Now it's sudden death, so if they lose on Saturday, they're out. I have mixed feelings about it. I would love it if they won and got to play on Sunday. But if they lost, then I wouldn't have to drive 90 minutes away with no husband and 4 kids.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Beck is awesome and was also my favorite back in high school.  I'll admit I haven't heard the new stuff he was winning for last night.  It's obviously worth a listen though.  
  • We had a pretty good weekend.  A good amount of relaxing and getting some stuff done. 

I did not watch the Grammys, but heard about a comment that Kanye made afterwards that Beck should give his award to Beyonce.  He is a tool.  I like Beyonce, but she doesn't need to win everything.  Also, winning a Grammy doesn't necessarily equal success. 

@tinyhumantoe I do normally think your MIL is a little off, but I kind of agree with her in the sense that I think it's harder to get a baby to take a bottle the longer you wait.  It's a tough balance.  I didn't introduce a bottle for awhile, because I didn't want to risk it ruining BFing and so she didn't really grasp the concept until she went to daycare and she had no choice. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Beck is awesome and was also my favorite back in high school.  I'll admit I haven't heard the new stuff he was winning for last night.  It's obviously worth a listen though.  
    I didn't know he had an album out this year, I will give it a listen though.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Hey!  I'm here and back at work for the first time since DH's first surgery on 01/29.  I'm exhausted from everything and ready for a break.  The best part of today is that my daddy is coming today!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• I have never been a huge Beck fan, but I can still sing half his music. I had no idea he had anything new out though...

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • I am here off and on. I have been kicking so much ass at work, that things are lightening up for me. It is pretty awesome.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • @penelopepond that's a long time. How far away does she live?

Minnesota. She drives to Florida once or twice a year to see us. She drives so she can load up her car with stuff for us. It's nice, but usually stuff we don't keep.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • I never got the deal with Beck.  
    *putting on my flame suit* 

I also never understood what the big deal with Nirvana was.  Kurt Cobain had a terrible voice.  I get it--they were one of the pioneers of grunge.  I can appreciate that.  I just think a lot of their music is pretty awful.  Of the bands who started the grunge movement, I would rank them just about last.

I also realized when I went to college that I pretty much have the musical tastes of a 40yr old dude.  Give me classic rock any day.  If I'm listening to new stuff, it's in the alternative vein.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• I have a meeting in about a half hour with my VP.  Apparently my ass is going to get chewed because someone else doesn't want to do their job and says that it is my fault.  So glad I came back to work today!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Beck is amazing and I doubt Kanye has ever heard an album. He should have great respect for Beck. I wonder if he got the memo that hip hop is dying.

• add me to the Beck club!  Woot!  So glad he beat Beyonce!  It is a staple from my late HS/college years.

@MarisaKathleen, I really like you, so I'm going to pretend you never said that about Nirvana!!

@Mroxy0628 I totally agree that a grammy doesn't mean success.  DH and I were naming a bunch of big grammy winners over the years and they are no where to be found now!  What happened to fun?  Hahahaha.

Some days I can't keep up with the FB group so it's calming to come to one thread here.  We took DS bowling yesterday to check out the place I wanted to have it since I hadn't been there since I was about 15 and the place is awesome.  It was so nostalgic walking in there with my own kids.  I'm so excited to have his party there I booked it on my lunch.  He is so excited!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I love Becks new album, it's fantastic and safe to listen to with Zeke in the car (win!). I'm a crabby Patty today and need someone to slap me out of my misery.
    As a plus Zeke has been eating everything I put in front of him and then some, so happy to see him eat with out a fight!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • If you hate nirvana you should have heard this screamo shit my high school students listened to back in 07. Eeeek

• Guys, my kid is an emotional basket-case.  We are all walking on eggshells all of the time trying not to set off the next tantrum.  He wants to do everything, but he doesn't tell you that he wants to do it until after you've done it.  If you turn off the light, he wanted to turn off the light.  Boneless tantrum.  He also tantrums over wanting to do things he can't even do, like he wanted to start the car this morning.  He even had a tantrum yesterday because he got a Cars sticker and he wanted the car to come off of the picture  :-??

I know that 2-year-olds are obviously not rational, but we have gotten to a place where he is in one tantrum after another all day long.  It is seriously exhausting for us and I feel bad for the little guy.  It must be so frustrating for him too.  Anyone dealing with this?
  • jenndub said:
    Sawyer's bedtime music is Nirvana Unplugged. I could listen to Kurt Cobain screech out "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" all day long. I love him. But I'm not mad at you @MarisaKathleen because you don't. And also, one of my favorite Kurt Cobain quotes is "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." So he's not mad at you either.

Please tell me that you love Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters!

hahaha @jenndub, that's a great quote! ZOMG the FF are amazing.  We've been watching their documentary where they travel the US.  Take me back to care free days that I thought were filled with drama.  If I only knew then!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• jenndub said:
    Sawyer's bedtime music is Nirvana Unplugged. I could listen to Kurt Cobain screech out "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" all day long. I love him. But I'm not mad at you @MarisaKathleen because you don't. And also, one of my favorite Kurt Cobain quotes is "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." So he's not mad at you either.

Please tell me that you love Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters!

I love all things Foo. :-)

I appreciate that Kurt Cobain was so progressive at the time, but I just can't get over his voice.  I wish he would have just been a guitarist & song writer instead of a singer.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• @flamingemu How are you feeling today?

• tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited February 2015
    The wife of DH's friend FB messaged me a week ago about going to a Ne.rium party.  DH hasn't talked to them since a year or two before W was born.  I said sorry, no, I'm not interested plus I'm due any day.  So then she sent back that she'll just come to my house while she's in town; I'll definitely need some Neriu.m Firm for my body.  I never replied because hell naw.

I hid her on FB awhile ago, but now her husband is posting things.
    "If you had the option to change your family tree both physically and financially, would you?"
    "The results are REAL.  The people are REAL.  The compensation is REAL.....[blablabla]"

Are they serious?  He called DH today.  "Hey buddy we are going to be in town and we would love to come see you and catch up."

Give me a fucking break.  Don't act like you even care to come catch up with us.  DH calls these things adult fundraisers.  They hound the crap out of all of their friends and families to buy their popcorn and candy bars  skin care products and nutritional supplements.  ETA:  what's funny is they want us to join their pyramid more than they want us to buy the product

• Poor DH works with a bunch of women and they area all selling something, and their kids are selling things.  He buys from the kids so we are always getting some $20 beef stroganoff powder and noodle pouch, or a $30 special edition yankee candle.  ::eye roll::  The ladies always ask for my phone number and he always has to dodge them.

• My dog is currently pacing around the living room and whining all while dragging a big ass blanket in his mouth. All because my other dog is hogging the entire couch. Honestly.

@tinyhumantoe‌ I'm glad you survived visitors. And I'm glad to see you seem to be in good spirits. Hope things are going well. How is W doing with the baby? 

And I am so sick of these fitness selfies and trying to sell beach.body. My sister is awful and it's driving me crazy! I don't need to se 987 pictures a day of how fit and in shape you are. Overkill.
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We had a pretty good weekend.  A good amount of relaxing and getting some stuff done. 

I did not watch the Grammys, but heard about a comment that Kanye made afterwards that Beck should give his award to Beyonce.  He is a tool.  I like Beyonce, but she doesn't need to win everything.  Also, winning a Grammy doesn't necessarily equal success. 

@tinyhumantoe I do normally think your MIL is a little off, but I kind of agree with her in the sense that I think it's harder to get a baby to take a bottle the longer you wait.  It's a tough balance.  I didn't introduce a bottle for awhile, because I didn't want to risk it ruining BFing and so she didn't really grasp the concept until she went to daycare and she had no choice. 
    Apparently DH wouldn't take a bottle. Not something I'm worried about at 7 days old when we are working out breastfeeding. I just thought it was funny that she thought not introducing a bottle was nipple confusion. She wanted us to drop Frankie Bob off at her house for the day tomorrow with formula while we visited a daycare. I said no thanks and used BF as my excuse. That's when I got schooled on the confused version of nipple confusion. Oh yah Frankie is Frankie Bob. Her mullet is out of control!

We started attempting to give DD2 a bottle at 9 days old and continued to try for months, she still won't take one so tell your MIL to stfu from me. Oh and we didn't give DD1 a bottle until about 4 weeks and she took them just fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • shiggybop said:
    Ne.ri.um is the worst. THE WORST! My boss and her daughter hound me about it all the time. First, I hate talking to,people so BlaH and second a 25 year old trying to sell wrinkle cream probably doesn't go over well.
    You'd have to lie and say you were 42 for me to believe it. ;-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Also, Nerium is terrible and made out of all kinds of yucky stuff.  Google that shit.  Bleh.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"