March 2015 Moms
Options

Tdap Vaccine

Anyone didn't get the tdap vaccine?? I am against vaccines but allowed my Dr to convince me to get if for whopping cough. First I was disturbed as I was injected the nurse for the first time noted the two other purposes of tdap. And now I have whopping cough which began the next day :/

Re: Tdap Vaccine

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MeLove15 said:

Anyone didn't get the tdap vaccine?? I am against vaccines but allowed my Dr to convince me to get if for whopping cough. First I was disturbed as I was injected the nurse for the first time noted the two other purposes of tdap. And now I have whopping cough which began the next day :/

Just gotta get a QFP in there for good measure, because this is too much.
  • Options
    Wow....just wow... You can't be serious????
  • Options
    Were you actually diagnosed with pertussis/whooping cough or are you assuming your cough is pertussis/whooping cough. If you were diagnosed with it- very sorry, I had it in college, it is not pleasant. Better now than when baby is here though! Pertussis is potentially fatal to infants.
  • Options
    I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't believe in getting vaccinated. Obviously I did it for the sake of my child. Doesn't mean I was 100% for it. So in my opinion the only imbecile here is the ignorant ppl who believed their way is the only way. Vaccines give you the germs that you may very well never in life come into contact with.
  • Options
    MeLove15 said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't believe in getting vaccinated. Obviously I did it for the sake of my child. Doesn't mean I was 100% for it. So in my opinion the only imbecile here is the ignorant ppl who believed their way is the only way. Vaccines give you the germs that you may very well never in life come into contact with.

@MeLove15‌ I am just curious why you chose not to reply to my comment? Do science and facts scare you?
  • Options
    MeLove15 said:

Even if that last statement is true it is scientifically impossible for you to get a disease from a shot, the day after you received that shot when said disease has an incubation period of 7-21 days. With this said, are you just here to start the immunization debate? That is kind of what it sounds like.
  • Options
    MeLove15 said:

"I'm sure I'm not the only one with no grasp on how science works in the real world."

FTFY.
  • Options
    stefmxo said:

I reported it too! Bye, Felicia.

Me too. This is the vast, Google-less wasteland the Bump has left us? I shall tune back out again...
  • Options
    Oh because troll and imbecile isn't insulting.
  • Options
    MeLove15 said:

Oh because troll and imbecile isn't insulting.

It is insulting to me that you didn't reply to me even though I was first to comment.
  • Options
    Not trying to. Just making a point. Because I used a word that denotes "cursing" doesn't mean it was any less negative or insulting than other comments made here.
  • Options
    Any more I mean*
  • Options
    Anyways whether I get banned or not, my post was not for debate. Firstly it stated I got the vaccine. So non-vax haters please disappear. Obviously my non-belief in vaccines promoted my fear that I could have whopping cough. I have read the comments about incubation period which has clearly dispelled that belief. So thank yo and good bye to you all!
  • Options
    paula8101 said:
    Been lurking for quite a while and sorry to just jump in, but I did get this vaccine about 3 weeks ago because there are some cases of whooping cough in our community. You cannot get whooping cough from this vaccine, it's not a live vaccine.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. SO many people don't understand this is the case with many vaccines. 
  • Options
    I had whooping cough awhile ago, it sucked big time! I was literally coughing the saddest most pathetic cough for three months before I was diagnosed. Vaccine is the best thing you can do, seems crazy that you thought you got it the day after not likely!!
  • Options
    Whitfry said:

MeLove15 said:

Anyways whether I get banned or not, my post was not for debate. Firstly it stated I got the vaccine. So non-vax haters please disappear. Obviously my non-belief in vaccines promoted my fear that I could have whopping cough. I have read the comments about incubation period which has clearly dispelled that belief. So thank yo and good bye to you all!

First of all, since you did not have the courtesy to respond to posters who were asking you questions, there was no evidence that your "belief" that you had magically contracted whooping cough was "dispelled". Nobody here is a mind reader.

Second, there was no negativity regarding pro-vax or anti-vax platforms here, which is actually quite remarkable, all things considered. There was a significant amount of eye-rolling at your lack of education in regards to how the incubation of viruses and diseases work, especially since you posted quite confidently that you got a vaccine and the contracted whooping cough. Unless you actually meant "whopping" cough. But that's another issue entirely.

Basically, you come here and post something so completely ridiculous and ungrounded in any possible truth that the only options we are given are to believe you are trying to start shit (which is against the guidelines) or that you are exceptionally uneducated.

There were several very nice people who tried to find out which one of the above was going on. Were you trolling, or were you self-diagnosing yourself with a dangerous condition based out of your own fear of a vaccination you agreed to get? You weren't helpful to your cause, whatever it was, when you got angry and defensive.

Shit, I still can't tell what you're trying to do here with such a pointless thread. Were you just hoping for a bunch of "poor baby" responses? I maintain that you are either a shit-stirrer, or a person grossly in need of a basic high-school education.
    1) I <3 you!

2) I had a "whopping" cough last month. It sucked.
  • Options
    chelseeeachelseeea member
    edited February 2015
    Edited cause I misread. Shit sticks.
  • Options
    I absolutely got the Tdap booster. As a high school teacher, we have frequent outbreaks of whooping cough due to insufficiently vaccinated students. Aside from wanting the best for my baby, I really can't be coughing so bad I pee my pants every 5 seconds. Not hot.
  • Options
    I've had a cough for over a month. Do I have whooping cough?
  • Options
    deeohhgee said:

I've had a cough for over a month. Do I have whooping cough?

I seriously cannot tell if you are joking. You should probably ask your DOCTOR. Haven't you been seeing your DOCTOR every 2 weeks for routine check ups?
  • Options
    daizedoo said:
    Is Whopping cough from Whoppers? If so, I am in big trouble

I literally LOL'd at this.

And OP, your post is full of so much fail. Please educate yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"