December 2014 Moms
Options

Laundry detergent to remove spitup smell

Does anyone have any recommendations for a laundry detergent that will remove the spit up/vomit smell? I use ALL free and clear but its not cutting it. Freshly laundered baby clothes still smell like sour milk. Do you have to use a fragrant detergent to get the smell out? I would think it would only mask it. Thanks for any help.

Re: Laundry detergent to remove spitup smell

• Options
    Do you use hot water? We use f&c too, but no smell. I'd think hot water would get it out...
    BabyFetus Ticker

Married DH May 2011
    BFP #1 - 3.28.14
    EDD - 12.10.14

• Options
    We use Crunchy Clean diaper detergent.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try Dreft. I use their stain remover for stains and it work great. They make a detergent.
  • Options
    We use all free and clear + oxyclean and hot water...no smells. Are you washing clothes relatively soon after they are stained? I do laundry 1x a week and we've had no issues.
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Options
    I do not wash the baby clothes in hot water only cold and sometimes warm depending on the tag instructions. I also wash them within a few days. It seems to work fine for our clothes but not our 5 week old son. We are thinking about trying baby ALL. Any feedback on that?
  • Options
    I use Unscented Tide but if you need a boost I suggest just buying some of that Arm and Hammer baking soda for laundry. It is sold in the detergent aisle and is less the $5 for a good sized box. That really helps get smells out. I use it with my nursing pillows and whenever one of my cats pees on something to help with smell.
  • Options
    We use Dreft for baby laundry. It works great.
    *********************************************BIG SIG************************************************
    FTM PgAL  IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I use Charlie's Soap and it has been great with stains and smells.
    Married 11/14/10
    Me: 30 & DH: 35
    TTC #1
    BFP 10/14/13 CP 10/21/13
    BFP  4/10/14 EDD 12/21/14
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    Fur Babies:
    Marley & Scout

• Options
    I've had excellent luck with Oxy Clean for Babies
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#1-BFP 1/5/14...EDD 9/19/14...MC 1/28/14
    #2 BFP 4/15/14...EDD 12/26/14

• Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice. I think it is a problem with hard water. Unfortunately since we rent can't do anything about installing a softener. We are going to try dreft since all f&c and tide f&c don't help. We are also going to try adding baking soda.
  • Options
    We use Oxy Clean for babies and have had no problems
  • Options
    We also have extremely hard water. Ruins paint jobs on cars. We use Method Free and Clear on clothes and Rockin' Green Hard Rock (for hard water) on diapers. Sometimes I notice a slight odor on the diapers if I put them in the dryer, but I usually dry them in the sun and they come out really fresh.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Adding oxy-clean did it for us and we have hard water too

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"