December 2014 Moms

Laundry detergent to remove spitup smell

Does anyone have any recommendations for a laundry detergent that will remove the spit up/vomit smell? I use ALL free and clear but its not cutting it. Freshly laundered baby clothes still smell like sour milk. Do you have to use a fragrant detergent to get the smell out? I would think it would only mask it. Thanks for any help.

Re: Laundry detergent to remove spitup smell

• Do you use hot water? We use f&c too, but no smell. I'd think hot water would get it out...
    BabyFetus Ticker

Married DH May 2011
    BFP #1 - 3.28.14
    EDD - 12.10.14

• We use Crunchy Clean diaper detergent.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Try Dreft. I use their stain remover for stains and it work great. They make a detergent.
  • We use all free and clear + oxyclean and hot water...no smells. Are you washing clothes relatively soon after they are stained? I do laundry 1x a week and we've had no issues.
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• I do not wash the baby clothes in hot water only cold and sometimes warm depending on the tag instructions. I also wash them within a few days. It seems to work fine for our clothes but not our 5 week old son. We are thinking about trying baby ALL. Any feedback on that?
  • I use Unscented Tide but if you need a boost I suggest just buying some of that Arm and Hammer baking soda for laundry. It is sold in the detergent aisle and is less the $5 for a good sized box. That really helps get smells out. I use it with my nursing pillows and whenever one of my cats pees on something to help with smell.
  • We use Dreft for baby laundry. It works great.
    *********************************************BIG SIG************************************************
    FTM PgAL  IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I use Charlie's Soap and it has been great with stains and smells.
    Married 11/14/10
    Me: 30 & DH: 35
    TTC #1
    BFP 10/14/13 CP 10/21/13
    BFP  4/10/14 EDD 12/21/14
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    Fur Babies:
    Marley & Scout

• I've had excellent luck with Oxy Clean for Babies
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#1-BFP 1/5/14...EDD 9/19/14...MC 1/28/14
    #2 BFP 4/15/14...EDD 12/26/14

• Thanks everyone for your advice. I think it is a problem with hard water. Unfortunately since we rent can't do anything about installing a softener. We are going to try dreft since all f&c and tide f&c don't help. We are also going to try adding baking soda.
  • We use Oxy Clean for babies and have had no problems
  • We also have extremely hard water. Ruins paint jobs on cars. We use Method Free and Clear on clothes and Rockin' Green Hard Rock (for hard water) on diapers. Sometimes I notice a slight odor on the diapers if I put them in the dryer, but I usually dry them in the sun and they come out really fresh.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Adding oxy-clean did it for us and we have hard water too

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"