May 2015 Moms
Options

Post your bedding/ nurseries!

2»

Re: Post your bedding/ nurseries!

• Options
    We decided to use a dresser for changing table this time around! Ordered bedding from carousel designs
  • Options

DH and I only have a 1 bedroom apartment right now which is what we will probably have until shes at least 6 mos to 1 year. I love seeing all of the nurserys you guys have set up, so beautiful! 

Since we will have baby in our room I'm trying to come up with a way to include pieces that she will need while keeping our bed and her space separate. Luckily our bedroom is rather large. 

Anyone else going to be sharing room with baby for a while? If so...do you have ideas yet as to a theme that you're going to stick with? I think we found our colors, but its so hard to decide! 
    We also will be sharing our room with LO for the first year or so. She won't move out of our room most likely until she has weaned from nursing and can sleep in a toddler bed. I bought a small dresser I am going to sand down and paint either white or gray. I am planning on getting a mini crib in white or gray as well. Our room is not small but not huge either. I have a space picked out to put the crib and dresser. I am going to paint some letters to match the bedding and hang her name on the wall to give it a little decor:) I also bought a co-sleeper that I will use next to the bed for the first 5-6 months before I transfer her to the crib. Since I nursed I used a co-sleeper with all my LOs until they were about 6 months. She won't have a traditional nursery like the others had which kind of makes me feel like she is getting shafted but we don't have an extra bedroom for that. She was a surprise:) So I making due :) I figure it's ok anyways because our other kids didn't move into their nursery/room until they were done nursing so their nurseries didn't get a ton of use the first year anyways. Hoping by the time we need to move this LO out to her own room we will have a bigger place.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Baby is also in my room for at least a year. We have a large bedroom and just getting a crib 4-1 and a tall dresser from Buy Buy Baby. It's dark wood and beautifully made and will keep until he is older. We decided to go pale green for bedding colors. Hopefully by next spring we will be ready to buy a three bedroom house.
  • Options
    I haven't yet decided on crib bedding as the pickings are slim for mini cribs ( if we got that route which I am pretty sure we are). I am in the process right now of redoing my girls room to give them a bigger girl room. ( they are 9 and 7yrs)Painted the room last night and pairing the dressers today:) Will take pics when finished . Although I still have to get some bedding stuff and accents
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This post makes me feel so far behind. We are yet to get a crib or anything for the nursery. I did have my interior designer come over last week to start working on ideas for the nursery and bath but that's it. I guess I need to get the ball rolling!!
  • Options
    This is our little girls room. We definitely plan on adding pink to it to make it more girly. On the walls by the little rocking tractor we are putting up a wall decal like the one pictured below. We haven't added a whole lot yet until after the shower because everyone keeps harping on us to stop buying things
  • Options

DH and I only have a 1 bedroom apartment right now which is what we will probably have until shes at least 6 mos to 1 year. I love seeing all of the nurserys you guys have set up, so beautiful! 

Since we will have baby in our room I'm trying to come up with a way to include pieces that she will need while keeping our bed and her space separate. Luckily our bedroom is rather large. 

Anyone else going to be sharing room with baby for a while? If so...do you have ideas yet as to a theme that you're going to stick with? I think we found our colors, but its so hard to decide! 
    We also will be sharing our room with LO for the first year or so. She won't move out of our room most likely until she has weaned from nursing and can sleep in a toddler bed. I bought a small dresser I am going to sand down and paint either white or gray. I am planning on getting a mini crib in white or gray as well. Our room is not small but not huge either. I have a space picked out to put the crib and dresser. I am going to paint some letters to match the bedding and hang her name on the wall to give it a little decor:) I also bought a co-sleeper that I will use next to the bed for the first 5-6 months before I transfer her to the crib. Since I nursed I used a co-sleeper with all my LOs until they were about 6 months. She won't have a traditional nursery like the others had which kind of makes me feel like she is getting shafted but we don't have an extra bedroom for that. She was a surprise:) So I making due :) I figure it's ok anyways because our other kids didn't move into their nursery/room until they were done nursing so their nurseries didn't get a ton of use the first year anyways. Hoping by the time we need to move this LO out to her own room we will have a bigger place.
    We also will have baby in our room. We live in a one bedroom house and don't have space for a nursery. I plan to get a grey mini crib and put in the corner of our bedroom next to my side of the bed with some decorations.

I'm trying to figure out if I should have a bassinet or co sleeper to put her in for the first couple months. We plan to buy a house but it likely won't be before she is born and I won't have time to decorate a nursery. From what I've heard the baby is usually in your room a lot in the beginning anyway so fingers crossed all goes well.
  • Options
    I personally like the co-sleepers better. I have the Arms Reach Co-Sleeper. ( the smaller one) It's a great size and has a lot of features I love. It comes right up to bed but still has a barrier so the baby doesn't fall. You should check them out:)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @blankenbakerh‌ I'm looking at one of those for my twins bit wondering if the smaller one would be too small for two babies? Only plan to use for 4-5 months.
  • Options
    Ndracer said:

@blankenbakerh‌ I'm looking at one of those for my twins bit wondering if the smaller one would be too small for two babies? Only plan to use for 4-5 months.

I would get the regular size Arms Reach co-sleeper if you get one. I have the mini co sleeper. I have seen pictures of the regular size Arms Reach co-sleeper with twins in it but I am not sure how long you can get out of it. I would think you could most likely get 4-5 months. Maybe check their website for reviews of people who have had twins. The mini is still a good size and I expect our baby can use the basinet part up to 6months and then for a couple more months after when it converts to a pack and play. I guess it also depends on how big or small your babies will be. If they are on the smaller side I would think you would definitely get 4-6 months out of the regular sized co-sleeper.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I personally like the co-sleepers better. I have the Arms Reach Co-Sleeper. ( the smaller one) It's a great size and has a lot of features I love. It comes right up to bed but still has a barrier so the baby doesn't fall. You should check them out:)
    I considered getting one, but I'm on a budget (baby was completely unexpected, but a miracle to say the least) and I can't see myself spending that much for something that I won't use for a while longer. I wish I could though because it would help with space issues and possibly buy some time before I have to buy a proper crib, but I'm so lost! 

I do have a dresser that we use and the bottom two drawers are actually sort of a catch all...makeup, beauty supplies, momentos, etc. so I'm probably just going to use that as hers and just hang most of our clothes except socks and whatnot. 

I know what I want to have is a crib/changer combo. I considered a mini crib like you, but I just can't find any that I truly love, but I've found combos that I really like. Talking about all of this makes me so excited and especially since I've got about 101 days left...I feel like I need to get the ball rolling! 

• Options
    Here's mine.....

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: Started May 2012
    Bloodwork - potential ovulation issue which seemed to be fixed by clomid.
    SA - Mot (36%) and count low 9.3 mil (updated) 
    HSG - Oct 16 2013 - came back clear
    Clomid #1 - Nov. 2013 - BFN
    BFP#1 =  Clomid #2, Dec. 2013 - EDD 9.9.14 Loss Jan 9
    Femara #1 + Trigger (2/21) Feb. 2014 +ruptured ovarian cyst - BFN
    SIS clear
    April 2014: 50IU Follistim CD3-CD9 + 25IU CD10-CD13+CD13 trigger 1 mature follie= BFN
    IUI #1: May 2014 50IU Follistim + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IUI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim + IUI (3 mil sperm)=  BFN
    TI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim  + Trigger = BFN
    BFP#2 = IUI# 3: Aug 2014 75IU Follistim+ Trigger + IUI (2 mil sperm) EDD May 15

BabyFruit Ticker

Love bugs unite!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    blankenbakerhblankenbakerh member
    edited February 2015

I considered getting one, but I'm on a budget (baby was completely unexpected, but a miracle to say the least) and I can't see myself spending that much for something that I won't use for a while longer. I wish I could though because it would help with space issues and possibly buy some time before I have to buy a proper crib, but I'm so lost! 

I do have a dresser that we use and the bottom two drawers are actually sort of a catch all...makeup, beauty supplies, momentos, etc. so I'm probably just going to use that as hers and just hang most of our clothes except socks and whatnot. 

I know what I want to have is a crib/changer combo. I considered a mini crib like you, but I just can't find any that I truly love, but I've found combos that I really like. Talking about all of this makes me so excited and especially since I've got about 101 days left...I feel like I need to get the ball rolling! 

Maybe try looking on your local yard sale FB page or at yard sales. I got very lucky and bought mine from a friend off our yard sale page for $25! Her little girl just turned 2yrs. It looks brand new. I asked her if she was sure on the price and she said yes! Also check consignment stores. We have some really great ones around here that you can get practically brand new items for much less! Like you this LO was a complete surprise! We are buying everything ourselves so I have been snatching good deals when I can! I will most definitely buy a new crib and car seat because of recalls and things. I haven't decided on a mini crib yet either. Like you nothing has really struck my fancy. The only one I partially liked was the white one. I like to see things in person and there are no stores near me with one on display. This is my hesitation in ordering one. If you happen to run across one in a store let me know what you think!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    blankenbakerh - Thank you for the tips. I'll check those sorts of places out. I think I finally found a crib that I'm going to get. Its nothing fancy at all, but I found it on Amazon.com and its cheap. The reviews are pretty good on it too which is important since I can't physically see it in a store. I don't want to buy one online without seeing it either...I do like to be able to touch it and see about how large it is. 

Here are a couple that I like that you might want to check out. I hope this helps you! 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006Z2BZQK/ref=br_it_dp_o_nS_ttl?ie=UTF8&colid=2MP28YDEAXPPE&coliid=I3B6119SHZLGEQ&vs=1

https://www.amazon.com/Sorelle-Newport-Convertible-Changer-Merlot/dp/B0046EB4EM/ref=sr_1_46?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1423009562&sr=1-46&keywords=mini+crib

Let me know if those links don't work, you might have to copy/paste because I'm a noob, lol. :) 

• Options
    @mrsphillips610 Thanks a bunch for the links! I will definitely check them out. It's so hard for me to make big purchases online without having seen it first in person. I like to check it out first and it's hard to do that online! Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsphillips610 Thanks a bunch for the links! I will definitely check them out. It's so hard for me to make big purchases online without having seen it first in person. I like to check it out first and it's hard to do that online! Lol
    I agree. I'm having a hard time with it too. I feel like there are SO many good deals online, but I don't want to go through the hassle of returning the items if I don't like them. I'm more likely to settle and keep something if I don't like it because of the trouble that I'd have to go through to return it. 
    To be honest...the only thing I've bought online was a 5lb bag of gummy bears, LOL. 

I think I'm probably going to go to Baby Burlington...do you have one where you are? We have one close by and I've not been, but browsed around online and they apparently have a lot of nice things for good prices there. If you have one it might be worth a shot. 
    I'm also tempted to try Ikea! 
  • Options

I agree. I'm having a hard time with it too. I feel like there are SO many good deals online, but I don't want to go through the hassle of returning the items if I don't like them. I'm more likely to settle and keep something if I don't like it because of the trouble that I'd have to go through to return it. 
    To be honest...the only thing I've bought online was a 5lb bag of gummy bears, LOL. 

I think I'm probably going to go to Baby Burlington...do you have one where you are? We have one close by and I've not been, but browsed around online and they apparently have a lot of nice things for good prices there. If you have one it might be worth a shot. 
    I'm also tempted to try Ikea! 

No we mainly have Target, Walmart, Babies R US near us. We do have a Burlington Coat Factory which I think has a nursery section. I don't though because it's been forever since I have been in there but I will check it out! I like you don't want to go through the hassle of returning items. I mostly purchase e-books online for my kindle! Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"