September 2012 Moms

Magnificent Monday!

Re: Magnificent Monday!

• My nurse told me to limit my caffeine. I asked her if the BF limit is similar to pregnancy, like 160mg.

She said if you're drinking 5 cups a day, cut down to one. If you're drinking 1 cup a day, cut down to a quarter of a cup.

Uh, what??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I'd not heard that before.  I've always drank one cup of a caffeinated beverage.  I think 5 cups sounds excessive, but is a quarter cup even worth it?

I have a bad cold.  I'm just hoping Lily doesn't get it.  My H was supposed to go on a business trip out east, which was rescheduled from last week.  His flight was cancelled again!  Now I'm just waiting to hear if he'll be going tomorrow or not at all. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @tinyhumantoe Your nurse kind of sounds full of shit, IMO. How's BF going so far? I hope it's successful for you :)

@MRoxy0628 Boo for having a cold. Hope you feel better soon.

My company gave us the option to work from home today, and even though the roads have been completely clear since 6am this morning, I took it because my DH's school is out and he'd have to be home alone with both kids....and he's scared. Ha! I told him he's on his own except for lunchtime/naps....but, of course he had to re-snow blow the driveway and run an errand, so I've been watching the kids and working (umm, bumping) since 7:30. I'm getting annoyed.

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Also, this new format makes everything gigantic.  Not digging it over here.

I forgot shoes, so I'm wearing my nice work clothes...and giant winter boots...but hey, at least I'm getting a leg workout in because they weigh like 32lbs.  Heaviest fucking boots of all time.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Ha @hmp1‌ regarding new format and font size!

Snow day for us here. Decided to keep the boys home instead of sending to the sitter's & double paying. (We'd pay today and then pay for the day at the end of the school year again when I have to make it up.)
    We're going to make cookies & watch a movie. Then my dad is going to come & watch Sam, so that I can take Jack & Will to play in the snow after naptime. Yesterday was WAY too windy out here for playing.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks @stasi!  That's what I get for being happy I hadn't gotten sick yet this winter.  I swear I'm always sick at the beginning/middle of February. 

@marisakathleen I'm always "worried" that will happen to me.  Chalk that up to a worry only those with a snowy winter would understand. :)

I'm jealous of those of you with snow days.  I guess it just missed MN. 

My H's flight has been rescheduled for tonight. 
  • @hmp1 yes, the new format is on mobile too. 

Maybe they're trying to subconsciously make us forget about all the screwed up things the did. If the board doesn't look like it used to, then we'll forget about it faster. 

Daycare is closed today & MH has a delayed opening b/c of the shitastic weather. Today's going to be a longggg day. 

• Hi guys!! I'm really missing you guys so I'm trying to bump on mobile at my desk at work. The format for me makes everything look really little, which doesn't help me look discrete!

@tinyhumantoe, Frankie is adorable; shocking how much she looks like W. You gave birth to twins!! I don't have input on the caffeine intake because I never nursed passed two weeks with DD. I'm not a coffee drinker, but definitely didn't limit my diet pepsi intake.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Snow day for my sisters kids and daycare is closed for my niece so ofcourse my sister and brother just dumped their kids off on my mother so now I'm going over for reinforcements. I don't mind but I wanted to hit the gym and clean up from last nights super bowl party.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • @beebopandbuddy, it's a toss up what I find more annoying..humming, or whistling.  I hate them both pretty equally...

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Snow day here, thank goodness. I was in th ER with the boys for over 6 hours yesterday and got virtually nothing accomplished. Colby tripped and cut his head, I was able to get it to stop bleeding but sent a pic to a few EMT friends and the consensus was stitches/staples. Of course with the impending snow storm the walk in clinics and ER were slammed. They ended up using that glue stuff to pull it together so he didn't need stitches but I have to watch to see if it reopens. He slept like crap so we are both exhausted. /end whine

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • That sucks, Holly. Hopefully both boys will nap for you today!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Oh Holly, that's terrible. Hopefully Colby isn't in too much pain today and the wound stays closed so you don't have to deal with it anymore. Poor guy.

• @Holly_1007  that sucks - ER visits are always the worst  I hope he heals up quickly!

I was so hoping for a snow day here - but i just came in a bit late due some icy back roads......  We had a super bowl party last night and our house was trashed by some rowdy kiddos.  They were far worse than the parents.  I have scratches on my hardwood floors and wall, stains on the carpets, Grant's new KidKraft Deluxe Kitchen oven doors was ripped off (that one i am pissed about).  In hindsight it might be partially our fault as we left out the knee hockey set but i didn't foresee the level of destruction.  I think we are done with parties for a while.
    :(
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Campus was closed today, so I'm off work.

I only discovered that campus was closed *because I drove to work and there was no one else there.* Idiots didn't post anything online until after 8 a.m.  Uh, I leave the house at 7:45 to, um, make it to work on time. I was annoyed but turned it around with a Target trip--since I was in town anyway.
  • you guys. for once i wish i lived somewhere with snow. i just got wet walking to work today. 

then again, i just looked at the weather for where we'll be moving next year and it feels like -19 C (-2.2 F) so i'm going to stop complaining about a little rain now
  • Dang it! I forgot I have a dentist appt today. Good thing my dad is available to sit here with Jack & Will during naps while I get my teeth cleaned. @tinyhumantoe‌ Disreagrd the BFing advice. That nurse must have never had a newborn before. Two cups of coffee is my standard while on ML.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• OMG @Holly_1007‌ I hope it heals up. Poor guy. Get some rest!
  • Did I tell you guys how I drank a cup of coffee like 2 weeks ago on a morning Cal was particularly jerky?

I felt like I was completely cracked out for around 5 hours.  If I believed in running for any reason other than being chased by zombies or murderers, I could totally have run somewhere.

I have no idea how you people consume caffeine and don't go totally bonkers.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• @Hmp1, hopefully she's a great teacher and the center just recognized that she'd fit better with the younger kids. If I had to pick I'd pick Leo's age any day over the older kids!

• Cheenomae said:
    @Hmp1, hopefully she's a great teacher and the center just recognized that she'd fit better with the younger kids. If I had to pick I'd pick Leo's age any day over the older kids!
    Me too. 2.5 over 3/4 any day!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• @beebopandbuddy That made me LOL.

@holly1007 I'm glad you guys have an extra day to recoup.  Hopefully the glue will be sufficient!

I have a friend who is using Facebook as a daily diary. She posts something every day.  Today it was a complaint about pregnancy.  It would bother me anyway, but even more so because we have a friend who struggles with infertility. 
  • @Holly_1007‌ I hope Colby is ok!
    @hmp1‌ hope the teacher switch works out. It sounds promising.
    @Nita2603‌ that's sad! Hope your S12 kiddo adjusts to your O11 being gone!

Snow day here. 12 more inches expected...I drove to the city, almost got into multiple car accidents because the road was so bad and decided to turn around and go back home. I slid on our driveway going up it. Have I mentioned I hate our driveway?!

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• I've never been a fan of snow.  Yesterday's storm was just crazy--it started snowing around 8 on Saturday night and then never stopped! Thankfully this is only the first big storm we've had this season, and hopefully it'll be the last.  

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• hmp1 said:
    James moved into a new class and I haven't been super excited about his teacher. She seems to expect way too much from 4/5 year olds and often stopped an activity before it started because they were slightly worked up but she wasn't doing anything to get them to settle down other than threatening to end the activity. She never seemed very warm and nurturing with the kiddos. Anyways, I was going to give it a few weeks to see if I just needed to adjust to a new teacher (we loved his old teacher). Well, today I found out they removed her from his room. Yay! But she is now Leo's teacher, Boo. Hopefully, she just had trouble with Pre-K and won't have such high behavioral expectations from 2.5 year olds. She was hugging on Leo when I dropped him off so fx it works out.
    I hope it works better for her to be in a twos room.  We had an infant teacher who I thought was great move to the 3/4 year old room and she had waay too high expectations for the kids.  Brody isn't a saint, I'm pretty honest about that, but her expectations for the room were out of line.  We sucked it up until Brody moved rooms, but I was not a fan.  Now she's no longer at our daycare.  

I find that the bad teachers get weeded out fairly quickly around here, but I'm not afraid to share my opinion if I have a problem.  And since we next to never have problems with a teacher, I think it says something when we find one that we aren't a big fan of.  

And like @jenniechat - I have much different patience levels depending on the age.  I think a rowdy room of 4 years olds would drive me crazier than a bunch of adorable, barely talking two year olds.  Even though we all know how many tantrums two year olds can throw.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• And gah!  The quoted text is HUGE on my computer, but the reply is tiny.  WTH is with this new format?

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Did I tell you guys how I drank a cup of coffee like 2 weeks ago on a morning Cal was particularly jerky?

I felt like I was completely cracked out for around 5 hours.  If I believed in running for any reason other than being chased by zombies or murderers, I could totally have run somewhere.

I have no idea how you people consume caffeine and don't go totally bonkers.
    ehh! After a while it loses its effect on you. I can drink a cup of coffe an hour before bed and still sleep like a baby.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • I just kept drinking the same amount of caffeine while breastfeeding as I did while pregnant. My sister didn't drink any coffee while pregnant and tried to drink it after the baby was born and it made the baby nuts for awhile! She had to gradually add it in. Your nurse is not informed!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • add me to the camp of immune to caffeine.  It sucks but I still enjoy 2 cups in the morning, but could nap right after.

@holly_1007 I hope the wound stays put and doesn't need follow up stitches/staples.  :(

I've always liked the teachers at my kids daycare, I guess I should be grateful...they only go/went MWF though so maybe the odds helped...?

I'm supposed to fly to Philly tomorrow and am praying it gets cancelled but I highly doubt it. I'm trying to remind myself I at least got an "extra" day with the kids today since I'm WFH and they are home too.  Mason has been playing in the snow for hours with our next door neighbors daughter.  They are so cute together.

I thought I had patience for 5 year olds.  Then I helped at the Halloween Party for Mason's class.  Then I through a party with 5 of them and just me and one other mom.  Yeah, I'll take 2 and under, thanks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"