April 2015 Moms
Options

Good Morning, Bump!

@BumpCaitlin

There seems to be a glitch causing the other thread to sink to the bottom so I'm starting a new one. Maybe you can look into that @BumpAdmin. That's been happening a lot lately.

Our fellow Bumpie @snowbigdeal asked a question and instead of being answered her question was deleted. Several times in fact and then you quickly fulfilled her request for content and account deletion. (Dodged a bullet there, huh? ..Almost.) But we as a board would still like to know. She had a comment that was deemed a TOU violation and it was this-

"Give him a full Sex Ed explanation so that he really *understands* that baby sis is in mommy's belly. If that doesn't work try spanking him."

Why was it deleted and how did it violate TOU? It was @snowbigdeal's belief, and she seems correct, that you're discriminating against certain -completely legal- points of view/people that you disagree with/dislike but in no way violate TOU. If you could offer a better reason now's your chance.

We were all witness to the the comment deletion prior to her request for content deletion so nothing is stepping into PM over-share territory. We saw you delete it. We want to know why.

Re: Good Morning, Bump!

• Options
    Lurking from May, 2015. Never posted but I've been following for a long time. Saw this on the BumpHq board and I'm not sure if any of you have seen it. You may never get answers, sadly.
    I pasted the message below:

Hey everyone, previous user that fled to the dark side here. I wound up having to make an alternate account and bombarding BumpCaitlin with PMs just to get my content deleted. I still lurk occasionally (about once a week) on my old BMB to see how people are doing, and sometimes I pop over here to see if any questions have been answered (a vain hope, I know). Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that it is highly unlikely that your content will be deleted now, thanks to the new TOU which was implemented yesterday, January 30th, (found here: https://www.thebump.com/terms.html ) which states that if you post anything, you give TD the right to use it however they want (read the section "ownership of site content and submissions"). Furthermore, in the section "responsibility for public postings and content" they state that they are not obligated to monitor, edit or delete any content, though they can delete anything that they want. Also, if anyone who works for or represents the company states anything to the contrary, they are wrong and the company can't be held to it. Also, they can change the TOU whenever they want, it's effective immediately, and by using the site, you agree to the TOU. Just thought that anyone asking for content deletion would want to know.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good lord...this place is such a mess
  • Options
    @BumpCaitlin There seems to be a glitch causing the other thread to sink to the bottom so I'm starting a new one. Maybe you can look into that @BumpAdmin. That's been happening a lot lately. Our fellow Bumpie @snowbigdeal asked a question and instead of being answered her question was deleted. Several times in fact and then you quickly fulfilled her request for content and account deletion. (Dodged a bullet there, huh? ..Almost.) But we as a board would still like to know. She had a comment that was deemed a TOU violation and it was this- "Give him a full Sex Ed explanation so that he really *understands* that baby sis is in mommy's belly. If that doesn't work try spanking him." Why was it deleted and how did it violate TOU? It was @snowbigdeal's belief, and she seems correct, that you're discriminating against certain -completely legal- points of view/people that you disagree with/dislike but in no way violate TOU. If you could offer a better reason now's your chance. We were all witness to the the comment deletion prior to her request for content deletion so nothing is stepping into PM over-share territory. We saw you delete it. We want to know why.
    Will they ever even acknowledge the question??

Me : 28 DH : 30
                                    TTC #1 Since 7/2014
    BFP 8/5/2014 EDD 4/12/2015
                                  Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

Why break the rules when you make the rules, amiright? Good thing the incident in question took place before the new TOU effective date so it's still a valid question. Double bonus- I've offered very little in the way of promotional material for TB or positive Google clicks so they're welcome to keep my content. Here's another Getoffmyballs original- Suck it TOU. Put that in a commercial.

PREACH.

Oh wait, that one simple word got someone banned the other day, didn't it?

ETA: Just warned. Not banned. Because the admins are so merciful, don'tcha know.
    Yes, better be careful. Religious expression and all.

Good Lord, give me a break.
  • Options
    Oh my.
  • Options
    NagaWater said:
    Why break the rules when you make the rules, amiright? Good thing the incident in question took place before the new TOU effective date so it's still a valid question. Double bonus- I've offered very little in the way of promotional material for TB or positive Google clicks so they're welcome to keep my content. Here's another Getoffmyballs original- Suck it TOU. Put that in a commercial.
    PREACH.

Oh wait, that one simple word got someone banned the other day, didn't it?

ETA: Just warned. Not banned. Because the admins are so merciful, don'tcha know.
    Yes, better be careful. Religious expression and all.
    Good Lord, give me a break.
    This offends me. Mods? MODS??????
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"