September 2012 Moms

Where is everyone?

13»

Re: Where is everyone?

• tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited January 2015
    @harti09 I found the story and it was not what I was expecting.  My first thoughts were PPD (or some type of mental illness) or bad family situation that she felt they all need to exit (PPD or some other mental illness on her part).  Ok, I can't really think about it anymore.  I really hope the kids are able to overcome their injuries.  W is only 2 and if I did something like that to her.................. I can't imagine the trauma to those three babies.  :( 

ETA:  Also, I am not saying that any of those circumstances above are even likely.  I think my mind just goes straight to Why.  If DH had to handle an incident like that it would really affect him.  :(  Ugh. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • @harti09 I found the story and it was not what I was expecting.  My first thoughts were PPD (or some type of mental illness) or bad family situation that she felt they all need to exit (PPD or some other mental illness on her part).  Ok, I can't really think about it anymore.  I really hope the kids are able to overcome their injuries.  W is only 2 and if I did something like that to her.................. I can't imagine the trauma to those three babies.  :( 

ETA:  Also, I am not saying that any of those circumstances above are even likely.  I think my mind just goes straight to Why.  If DH had to handle an incident like that it would really affect him.  :(  Ugh. 
    I looked up the story as well and those were all the same thoughts I had.  I can't even imagine what would drive her to do that, but I really hope she gets the help that she needs.  I am also thankful that those kids are so young that they will likely not have a memory of what happened.  :(

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Loading the player...
  • I am supposed to be "invisible" here because I'm struggling to write a manual that has to be done before ML.  My ML message is active on my VM and email.  Here is what I hear all day:

ring ring "Yah, she's here, just a second"
    ring ring "Actually she's upstairs, let me transfer you"
    ring ring "Oh, she's actually not due for another two weeks. Let me transfer you" - Uh, thanks for giving out personal info.

When I am hiding from people and "gone" for all intents and purposes, it makes me look really foolish when you OUT ME, douchebags!  I've explained this 1,000 times.  Every one of these calls needs a 1 hour task.  So now it's almost 4 and I haven't been able to touch this manual.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I'm here preparing for the snow-pocalypse. I had to cancel my dentist appt for today. DS is home early from preschool/daycare & MH just got home too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Can I tell you all how upset I am right now?  The surgeon who did DH's 1st surgery has now declined to go in the second time.  It pisses me off, because he basically isn't going to fix his mistake.  So now, we have to wait for another surgeon to look at the entire case history, labs, scans, everything to see if he will accept it.  

I am so frustrated and I don't know what to do because DH talked to his dad about talking to a lawyer and his dad said it wouldn't do us any good because only 2 malpractice lawsuits have ever been won in KS and even if we did win it would take so long to get money it wouldn't help us at all.

At the moment I really don't care about the money part of it, I care about the fact that these surgeons can go and do this to someone else because DH won't say anything about it.  I am so upset about it all and DH won't tell me what his boss said today when he went to talk to him.  

SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!  
    :-w

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• willy- That makes me mad, too.  WTF.  I have no doubt that there are lots of other people in your situation saying the same thing, I want to but what's the point, so they don't.  I don't know all of the details, or what's involved with a lawsuit, but I feel like people should not feel like it's hopeless to take action.  If it's not totally ridiculous, I say go for it.  If enough people did it, for the right reasons of course, then crappy doctors wouldn't be able to get away with this stuff.  Big hugs to you.  Hopefully the day will come when you don't have new stresses all the time.  I hope you're able to find a good doctor for you H that will truly help him.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Oh, I remembered!  I read the entire Divergent series, all three novels and the "pre-quel" in about a month.  I am now completely obsessed and have been having dreams about the characters....

I am secretly a teenage girl with raging hormones....  
    :-$  shhhh  don't tell!

What is this pre quel you speak of? *Runs to barnes and noble app*

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • @harti09‌ I am so sorry for those little ones and everyone involved.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • @willy_gert - I'm so sorry the surgeon is being so awful.  At a minimum, I don't think it hurts to talk to a lawyer.  Get a real opinion of if it's something that is even worth pursuing.  Is it possible that your FIL is saying no cases have been won because they've been settled out of court?  I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this.

And slightly less important, what is the pre-quel you mentioned for the Divergent series?  ;)

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• @kelbel527 and @holly_1007 it is Four.  It is three or four short stories that are about Four and how he got to dauntless.  The one I got also had three "extra" scenes written from his perspective that are parts of the book that you read from Tris' perspective.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• @kelbel527 and @holly_1007 it is Four.  It is three or four short stories that are about Four and how he got to dauntless.  The one I got also had three "extra" scenes written from his perspective that are parts of the book that you read from Tris' perspective.

I did read that one!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"