September 2012 Moms
Options

Where is everyone?

I'm getting the sads.  It's almost 10:30.  Where are you????

Re: Where is everyone?

• Options
    I'm here.  We are supposed to have a blizzard today but I'm at work and it's barely snowing.  I was planning on leaving at noon but I don't know that I can justify it if the weather doesn't start doing what it's supposed to.
  • Options

Be safe @beebopandbuddy. I heard it's supposed to ramp up later today.

I'm here! I had a pretty good weekend. DH and I went see "American Sniper" and it was amazing. It was one of those movies that forever changes you. I went home with a new perspective on things.

I ended up with the worst bloody nose yesterday. I literally blew my nose and it was an immediate murder scene. I thought for sure I was going to have to go to the ER to get stopped. I had that about 15 years ago. Pretty scary.

Today's the 1 year anniversary of my grandma's death. I can't believe it's been a year. Kind of made me reflect on things.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am in both places lurking....

I hate this!  I hate it so much!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    I'm here.  I'm so confused by what everyone wants to do.  There doesn't seem to be a consensus.  I don't want to switch to PB and it seems others don't either, but maybe feel like it's "wrong" to stay here. 

I'm at work and in a funk.  This morning didn't start off great at home.  Lily only threw up that one time on Saturday night, didn't have a fever when she went to be last night and woke up "fine" this morning, so I took her to daycare.  It's an in-home and there haven't really been rules as to the amount of time that needs to pass without a fever.  I hope our DCP isn't upset. 

My H was supposed to travel this week, but because of the bad weather out East, it's been rescheduled for next week.  I didn't want him to go, but I was mentally prepared for him to leave today and now I have to get all psyched up for it next week. 
  • Options

Me too.  I feel like people are splitting their time so much that everywhere is suffering.  Does anyone know how to make a clicky poll?  Maybe we can just take a vote and go from there...
  • Options
    I am at work trying to stay busy so I stay awake. L is cutting her last 2 two-year molars at the same damn time. She woke up 3 times last night and now that I am used to her STTN, I have a hell of a time going back to sleep/ I swear I was up most of the night. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I have my second surgery on Wednesday. I forgot that MIL said she was coming over Tuesday right after work, so I need to go home and clean immediately. It is DH's birthday and I didn't plan on cleaning - ugh!

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    Also, my shortcuts to get on here have not worked in a week. My bith story link isn't working so I spent 20 minutes searching for it last night so I could copy to my home computer. I realized this as I was trying to open old discussions I had saved that were full of links. Boo TB.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options

Me too.  I feel like people are splitting their time so much that everywhere is suffering.  Does anyone know how to make a clicky poll?  Maybe we can just take a vote and go from there...
    Done, lets see what happens.

@flamingemu I hope this surgery goes well for you!  You have been on my mind and I am so hoping for great news for you and your family!

• Options
    I'm here, super sore from the gym this weekend and trying to get the energy to get going this morning. The only thing I accomplished today was convincing hubby to grab me coffee this morning since he was running errands for work. I need to head to carters and return a shirt I bought for Zeke that has long sleeves which was apparently the only long sleeve shirt on a table full of short sleeves and is pictured online with short sleeves. I'm really hoping the one I ordered from online to replace it has short sleeves!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    My morning has been so weird.

I have a girl coming to my orientation tomorrow who had some pretty serious charges on her record dropped due to mental incapacity.  Now, she's got 5, yes 5 new charges since 1/1/15, including battery & a restraining order.  I'm hoping she doesn't show up so  I just don't have to deal with it.  I'm guessing she's going to be rather aggressive about the fact that her background check will almost certainly be denied.

PSA: If you have a record of basically anything in the state of WI (aside from certain traffic tickets) chances are you shouldn't try to be a nurse.  Clinical sites are seriously cracking down, especially on things like fraud, battery, assault, etc.  I don't know why everyone doesn't "get" this.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    @marisakathleen that girl reminds me of a paramedic that was on the service DH works on until he got a DUI.  He just COULDN'T understand why it was a big deal.  Um, I don't know because you drive an ambulance owned by the city and now you are a complete liability? L-)

• Options
    Does anyone want to become my washi tape benefactor?  I am so in love with washi tape that it is a chore not to purchase it every time PYP has some!  Anyone?

• Options
    I am at work trying to stay busy so I stay awake. L is cutting her last 2 two-year molars at the same damn time. She woke up 3 times last night and now that I am used to her STTN, I have a hell of a time going back to sleep/ I swear I was up most of the night. 
    Molars!!! Maybe that explains why Cruz woke up 3 times last night whining, with no fever, no sickness...

• Options
    My morning has been so weird.

I have a girl coming to my orientation tomorrow who had some pretty serious charges on her record dropped due to mental incapacity.  Now, she's got 5, yes 5 new charges since 1/1/15, including battery & a restraining order.  I'm hoping she doesn't show up so  I just don't have to deal with it.  I'm guessing she's going to be rather aggressive about the fact that her background check will almost certainly be denied.

PSA: If you have a record of basically anything in the state of WI (aside from certain traffic tickets) chances are you shouldn't try to be a nurse.  Clinical sites are seriously cracking down, especially on things like fraud, battery, assault, etc.  I don't know why everyone doesn't "get" this.
    Yeah, I work with clients that have mental illnesses and many of them have records.  We talk a lot about how to talk about past offenses and I know that people can come a long way once they have their illness under control.  However, if she has 5 recent charges, she clearly doesn't have things under control.  Of course, I also talk with my clients and they are all pretty clear that there are some jobs they will just never be able to get due to their past transgressions.
  • Options
    harti09 said:
    I'm here. I'm hoping we can decide where we want to post, so the pace picks back up.

Good luck on your surgery @flamingemu I hope the end result is a step in the right direction.

Both kids are super sick and I'm pretty sure there is a layer of snot covering every surface of the house. It's gross around here.

same at our house because of Luci's snotty nose!  I hope they get better fast!

• Options
    Does anyone want to become my washi tape benefactor?  I am so in love with washi tape that it is a chore not to purchase it every time PYP has some!  Anyone?
    What in the shit is washi tape for? Target has a ton of it and I want it all, but I don't know what to do with it.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    jenndub said:
    What in the shit is washi tape for? Target has a ton of it and I want it all, but I don't know what to do with it.
    I use it to decorate plain envelopes, plain paper, etc.  It has many uses, and I want it ALL!!!!

• Options
    I too love washi tape, but have since realized it's pointless for me.  Now that the holidays are over, I have no mail to send anywhere.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited January 2015
    MRoxy0628 said:
    I'm here.  I'm so confused by what everyone wants to do.  There doesn't seem to be a consensus.  I don't want to switch to PB and it seems others don't either, but maybe feel like it's "wrong" to stay here. 
    I think this is where I'm at.  I hate staying here, but we're not really showing "TB" who's boss by moving somewhere else if it really inconveniences us or hurts our community. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    hmp1 said:
    jenndub said:
    You can washi tape anything! I am thinking about trying it out as frames for the kids' room over their desk.
    Amazing washi tape frame wall!

Seriously, who has time for this shit? Cute though.
    20 Washi Tape Ideas - Create a peek a boo pop of color in doorways.....sides of our barn door, perfect!
    This is where I am at with the majority of the washi tape things I see on Pinterest.  I see some cute ideas, but I would drive myself nuts trying to line it all up right and get it to look good.  Plus, it seems like the tape would get dingy and peel on common use items like keys, phone case and some of the other things that they suggest to use it for.
  • Options
    Another day of the no-sitter-scramble.  My mom took off work for 2 days to watch W and we are both spending the night there tonight, blech (she lives 1.5h away, but close to my work).  We were all set to pull out at 7am, but the roads were so shitty that everyone wanted me to stay at home for a few hours.  I had a conf. call I had to move and a deadline I am going to miss.  Then realized my purse was in my car, which DH took to work, so it was a fanfuckingtastic morning and I got to work around 11:30.  19 voicemails.  Four are from one guy, and I just can't bring myself to call him back because that is really fucking ridiculous.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Wouldn't the tape peel off the door in that spot?  It is cute, but damn.

• Options
    I bought some new washi last night. I am going to use it on my new design for note cards. I will now use it for the things HMP posted above. Seriously, are you like the genius of ideas or what?

• Options
    Speaking of Pinterest, I totally started freaking out last night thinking about SD's graduation party this summer.  For older SD the party was at her mom's house, so we contributed but all of the ideas and coordination were with DH's ex.  This time we are throwing out own party at a house by the lake that we are renting.  So there are going to be about 50 people and I have to plan out everything and a way to do it all the night before since I don't live in the area and we won't get to the house until then.   It makes me want to hyperventilate.
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    edited January 2015
    I've thought about doing this in the boys' bathroom vanity area with tape. Small wall, so it shouldn't take too long. But with all the other projects I have to do first, this will no longer be trendy by they time I get around to it.

9 Affordable Decor Ideas That Always Wow | Apartment Therapy

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I am hungry for lunch, didn't bring anything, and feel bad leaving because I just got here.  Idk if anyone delivers here!

• Options
    @flamingemu good luck on your surgery!

@marisakathleen Yah, I was reading that and wondering why the F someone like that would even bother being in a nursing program.  Although a deadbeat I knew had no problem getting jobs at nearly condemned nursing homes.

• Options
    Here's the thing with washi tape and any surface in my home....IT SUCKS.

We don't have flat walls, and we have semi-gloss paint almost everywhere.  It peels off in around a day.

I've had good luck with washi on galvanized metal buckets, paper and paper products, and that's it. I wish the rest of you good luck.  Because for me, it was stupid.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    Here's the thing with washi tape and any surface in my home....IT SUCKS.

We don't have flat walls, and we have semi-gloss paint almost everywhere.  It peels off in around a day.

I've had good luck with washi on galvanized metal buckets, paper and paper products, and that's it. I wish the rest of you good luck.  Because for me, it was stupid.
    I was kind of wondering how it does on walls since it isn't that sticky. Dang. I will report back.

• Options
    I didn't even know Washi tape existed until this morning.  Thanks for keeping me up to date once again ladies!

Monday mornings suck at our house.  We have so many things to remember to bring in the morning and inevitably I end up forgetting at least one.  This morning I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was and it sucked.  Then, DH took my coffee and gave me his by accident.  I was pissed because I hate the way he drinks his coffee.  So I compensated by getting a White Chocolate Mocha at the starbucks at work.  I didn't need the calories, but I'm an emotional eater (drinker).

Then, my go-to person is on vacation today, so I am busier than normal.  I rely on him a ton, so when he's gone I get my butt kicked.  Damn vacations.  ;)

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    Y'all. I printed some of those letter road maps that HMP posted. For some STRANGE reason... the printer here at work is fucked up today and the toner isn't distributing even on the pages when others print  :-S

• Options
    @kdsmith43, if your walls are flat with flat paint, it'll probably be fine.  But even the light texture our walls have was an issue.

Good luck--take pictures!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"