May 2015 Moms
Options

My introduction. And most likely last post.

I added the bump app back in October when I discovered it amongst some other pregnancy apps. Didn't really look through much, mostly looked at the articles and good reads, never looked into the community or forum until this week. "Shoot me" I'm a newbie. I read some of the guidelines yesterday, and that's when I realized how many "mistakes" I made. I didn't lurk around first, I went and posted a concern I had asking if my symptoms resembled fake contractions. People jumped at my throat telling me what dumbass questions I had and how I need to research, woah. I specifically said I went into my midwife, as I'm aware that my midwife is the only one who can really help me, but she didn't have any answers for me and said she would get back to me. So I reached out and wanted to see if anyone had similar experiences, I wanted to basically hear if it's something as simple as dehydration, to ease my mind until I got a call back. If I got a call back and my midwife said it was something horrible, at least I had a decent nights sleep the night before because bad events are inevitable. I understand that everyone's situation is different, but sometimes people just want a comparison, sometimes people want as you all like to say, "rainbows blown up their ass."

I moved to the US about 16 years ago, we moved around A LOT throughout my childhood. We lived In about four different countries in Europe alone, escaping our war stricken homeland. Never in my life could I have possibly imagined how that would impact my life at a later time, how differently I would perceive things. Simply, I didn't imagine what an effect it would have on my still expanding character as a human being. You see, I'm a citizen now, and I feel grateful for this country, it's people, and the opportunities. We are lucky in this country, we have yet to experience a war on our homeland. Our generations have yet to experience terror, genocides, concentration camps. They didn't have to see what my home people saw; they didn't have to watch their husbands and sons shot in the head in front of them, the men didn't have to watch thei wives and daughters bent over rows of tables raped in front of their eyes and not be able to do anything about it, the mothers here did not have their crying infants ripped out of their hands because they couldn't soothe them so a soldier decided he would soothe the baby for them by throwing the baby Out of a balcony window, or throwing the baby against the military tank killing him/her instantly.

My mom to this day tells the story of when our car got stopped by a group of soldiers as we were attempting to fled the country, I was about three at the time and don't recall the event. My dad had a pistol in the glove box for protection and my uncle was driving. They pulled my dad and uncle out of the car at gunpoint, my brother, mom, and I left in the car. Two soldiers were designated to hold my dad and uncle at gunpoint to prevent them from moving as one soldier came in to search the car. As soon as he came in I started screaming, "mama help the man is gonna shoot me mama he has a gun..mama please" hysterically crying. My mom said her biggest worry was that we would get thrown off the nearby cliff for crying, but she couldn't soothe me. The soldier, according to the story, tried to bribe me with candy. I refused it but my brother accepted in fear remaining ever so calm. The soldier ran his fingers through my hair and said, "little girl, don't be scared. I have a little girl just like you at home, I would never harm you." He then turned around and told the other soldiers that he searched the car and all was clear. He had not, however. The other soldier turned to my dad and said, "be thankful for your wife and kids, if it wasn't for them you would be counting stars waiting for my bullet to pierce your skull."

Now, not even 20 years later, I'm here in this enormous country. I have healthcare and doctors. I'm surrounded by people similar to the soldier that let us go, compassionate, good-hearted people. I'm grateful. I will bring my first kid into a world of these people, but also into a world of evil and hatred.

You see, I've read posts. I've seen support, but the support was given to a clique member. It seems as if a lot of people on here have time to tally who has supported who, and how many have posted how much. If you're new, and didn't lurk first and formally introduced yourself you're on a hit list. The clique jumps to mock, degrade, harass, and disrespect you. It reminds me of middle school, not high school. In high school you either fit in or you don't, but you're left alone for the most part. In middle school, if you don't fit in, that's it here comes the harassment and name calling. Lol I shouldn't laugh, it's sad. But I'm laughing at the fact that the people doing this have already reproduced and have children, or are about to have a child. These women consider support when you support them mocking others and degrading someone's concerns. What's baffling to me is that humans aren't programmed this way. I could bet that many of us, it a stranger on the street needed help, we would chime in to help. We would have no record of if they're a good or bad person, or how many people they personally have supported in the community. We would help without expecting anything in return, so why expect it on here? I've responded on other forums, offering my support when I could. If I had a similar experience I shared it. If I thought a question was stupid, I giggled or shook my head and moved on. My god people, you don't like butterflies and rainbows? You're "realists" who tell it how it is?? You don't know how It is!

Some have deployed husbands who've seen the horr

Re: My introduction. And most likely last post.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Okay...
    I think I just shit a rainbow, amazing!
    Mother to Joelle (13), Jaxen (3) and Jayla (due 5/6)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    EVPwed said:
    @wheninrome627‌ why would you stay around reading threads if it was all nonsense to you? Good luck with the new bump. Since all the "mean" girls left, all the advice on this site has been shit. But I'm sure you can fix it with your sunshine and rainbows.

K, thanks!
  • Options
    Some people are just immature and so insecure that insulting someone makes them feel happier it's sick honestly . It's like cutting
  • Options
    T1green said:

akeva123 said:

Some people are just immature and so insecure that insulting someone makes them feel happier it's sick honestly . It's like cutting

Your point ??
  • Options
    WTAF is going on here? who in the hell are these people??? the whole "lurking and now i post because the meanies are gone" bullshit?? grow a set or STFU. seriously, i can see them all going to run and lurk on our new home and then start crying all over again... try it and the door will hit you on the ass faster than you came in.

hugs to the bitter snatches 
    >:D<
  • Options
    TabH said:

WTAF is going on here? who in the hell are these people??? the whole "lurking and now i post because the meanies are gone" bullshit?? grow a set or STFU. seriously, i can see them all going to run and lurk on our new home and then start crying all over again... try it and the door will hit you on the ass faster than you came in.

hugs to the bitter snatches 
    >:D<

You all do know if you don't like The Bump you can just delete the app . If it's too hard to understand Google can give you a step by step
  • Options
    @akeva123 clearly, since you seem to be the only one who knows that Google exists, you should create a tutorial for your new found friends! that would be so cute!
  • Options
    wait for it....... wait for it........ yeah, no one cares
  • Options
    TabH said:

wait for it....... wait for it........ yeah, no one cares

Wait for it ......... Shit your still here ! damn it I was hoping you finally got the clue and deleted the app . image
  • Options
    akeva123 said:
    remember when you said this?  :-bd
  • Options
    @akeva123‌, I wish you put as much energy into punctuation as you do posting the same gif over and over.
  • Options
    combs797 said:

Love this post! Love watching what I've been waiting for. Way to go bump! OP your story touched me. I did take the time to read it. I hope you stick around! It's going to get a lot better here soon as soon as people really do what they say they are going to do! :-)

You have been waiting for a tragic story? I am confused....
    Mother to Joelle (13), Jaxen (3) and Jayla (due 5/6)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    akeva123 said:

You have clearly never been around someone going through depression/self injury if you could make this absurd comparison
  • Options
    You have clearly never been around someone going through depression/self injury if you could make this absurd comparison
    Wow, how did I miss that.  @akeva123 That is a horrible thing to say, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    So confused.
  • Options
    I can't believe people can be so negative towards this post!
  • Options
    OP-I am sorry you have been through this. But this is extremely disturbing and has nothing to do with TB. If you do choose to stay on here I will be sure not read anymore of your stories as I am already emotional and do not even want to read posts like this. Babies being smashed or thrown off of balconies??? No thanks, I hope you and your family are okay now.
  • Options
    CateOfChicagoCateOfChicago member
    edited January 2015
    I'm not a fan of some of the bashing that happens on boards either but all the violence you mentioned was uncalled for. There's no comparison between what you mentioned and what goes on in these boards. It will probably be weeks before I get those visions out of my head. You could have made your point without being so graphic. Thanks for ruining my day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

• Options
    Wow shit's getting ugly.
  • Options
    OMFG people are STILL whining about the "cool girl" attitude on TB?! I'm so glad TheDump finally got rid of the big bad meanie posters. Oh, wait.
  • Options

FTArmyM said:

I seriously can't believe that people are reading the OP and getting that she is comparing her life experiences with the forum. She told her life experiences to illustrate how grateful she is to be in America where stuff like that doesn't happen and how people generally help strangers here. She only did comparison when saying how in real life people help strangers without knowing how they contribute to the community so why do that here in a virtual forum. My God...are you people so twisted that you only see/read what you want in order to bend her words to your own meaning for the sake of controversy?

No.  I'm quite familiar with what OP did here, unfortunately.  She brought up that experience in order to make a point with great emotional impact in order to stun and shame anyone into daring to disagree, because the only appropriate response to such a horrific story is, well, horror.  

As to the bolded: One could make that point very clearly without the backstory, but you know what I'm going to refute it anyway just for kicks.  First, just like real life communities, if someone really NEEDED help, this community was always supportive even if she was a complete stranger.  Second, in any real life community, members who take and never contribute are always side-eyed.  Third, members of any real-life community who actively badmouth other members are real-life shunned.

And yet you are still missing the point. If you saw a stranger on the street you wouldn't know if they contribute to the community, bad mouthed someone, etc. or not.
  • Options
    Wow. The fact that some of you actually have children is really sad. I hope they grow up to be smarter and more mature
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"