Options

Tuesday Talk

What's happening today, ladies?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tuesday Talk

• Options

Well, we're getting our a/s done this weekend. I'm really hoping for another boy. However, if it is a boy, DH and I cannot agree at all on names.

I love Landon and Miles, DH loves Caleb and Noah. Middle name will be Nicholas.

I feel like as a teacher, so many names have different faces and meanings for me, so I end up not wanting 75% of them! Ugh! 

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello!  I always feel like these short weeks take the longest (we were closed yesterday).  as this morning is dragging.  I am already not motivated to work and ready to go home.  

We had such trouble picking names. It came down to the week before when I told DH we had to choose as we were wavering!  I wanted something less common (with us having two of the most popular names of the 80's I did want to give my child a popular name) and then DH had weird rules (no strange spellings, no names that could be for boys and girls, plus there were many he just outright over ruled).  it was a fun process!  but i have heard similar complaints from teacher friends, associating certain names with kids or personalities...  hopefully that won't impact your decision :)
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    MRoxy0628MRoxy0628 member
    edited January 2015
    Alright, everyone needs to get off of FB and GET BACK IN HERE!
    Is that where everyone is? :(

I was going to post something and then ended up dealing with a crisis situation. 

Glad your road trip went well @jenndub!
  • Options
    harti09 said:
    We're just hanging at home today. I was going to take kids to an indoor play center, but their attitudes suck this morning. I'm not putting myself through that.

DS's Buzz Lightyear toy had his arm break off (life imitating art?). This is the second Buzz we've owned. DS is really rough with toys and the last one lost a leg. He doesn't purposely try to break him, but Buzz is very loved and goes on a lot of adventures.

My longwinded question: Do you just replace broken toys? DH and I can't decide if we should get another new one now, or keep the old one until Easter and have the Bunny bring it (a justified reason for a new toy). DS isn't too distraught over the amputation anymore. 
    Can you glue it back on? It won't bend but at least he would have an arm. I think he is old enough to learn that toys break if they get played with too hard, and they do not just get replaced. I would play with it as is and then consider a new one for Easter. Would he accept a stuffed Buzz so it is easier to fix?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Happy birthday, Brody!!! 5 is a super awesome and important birthday. Is the party this weekend? 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Boo, school just emailed everyone to say that the photographer is doing candid classroom photos tomorrow, not individual school pics. Of course this was right after I decided I was super happy with their outfits. Guess I am ready when picture day does roll around.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Hi ladies.  Thanks for the good thoughts yesterday, the NST went well and the baby is fine.  I however have a fat swollen knee and am still embarrassed that my fat kid ranch and nacho cheese went everywhere and my team had to get out the carpet cleaner and scrub the walls while I cried in a chair.

In a fluke accident, I fell again today in my garage but this time on my ass which is now sore.  I swear I have been walking like a grandma.  All of my makeup got cried off and I am state puff marshmallow face here again today.  And W is with me again which sucks major donkey nuts.  This fall didn't concern me at all but JFC what is my problem.  My head feels like it is in a fog and I cannot concentrate for shit. 

I hope I get to come back and interact today after I get some stuff done, instead of driving by with complaints.  :D 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Also, sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the crap on my desk, so I just throw everything away.  I save emails.  That's what's really important.  Everything else that I'm given paper copies of is scanned into the system anyway.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    I just ordered 4 boxes of girl scout cookies.....thank goodness they do not come in until mid-march
  • Options
    @kelbel527 Yay for Brody and I'm so glad to hear your friend's baby is doing better.  

@harti09  I use breaking things as a way to get them to take care of things.  I often tell the kids they need to be gentle with something because if it's get broken we will have to throw it away and they won't be able to play with it anymore.  I don't want a bunch of broken things laying around.  However, if it's a favorite like Buzz I could see keeping him around until Easter and replacing him then.
  • Options
    Newt69 said:
    I just ordered 4 boxes of girl scout cookies.....thank goodness they do not come in until mid-march

They freeze really good, just sayin ;)

• Options
    jenndub said:
    @kelbel527 Happy birthday Brody! I agree that 5 is a tough birthday. It's so old! Emma turns 10 in September and I'm already in denial that she could be that old. I'm glad you're friend's baby is doing well.

A girl that I used to work with and I'm still kind of friends with had a baby this morning. She named him King. Her older son is named Great. I hate her kids' names, she asked me what I thought about them a few weeks ago and I said that I liked how unique they were. For some reason I feel really bad about lying. But I can't stand when anyone tells me that they don't like my kids' names and I didn't want to upset her.
    10 is old!  Denial seems like a good plan.

And I kind of think if you name your kids Great and King that you're asking for trouble by asking someone their opinion of the names.  You did what I would have done.  Even if I hate it, I would never tell someone that I didn't like the name of their child.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    Is anyone else bothered by the online GS Cookie sales now?  I've received 2 emails.  FFS, my niece is 9 and got a cell phone for Christmas.  She can't call and ask me on her fancy phone if I want to buy some cookies?  My SIL has to send me an email with a link saying "Girl Scout Cookies are Here!!"

It just seems lazy.

I don't know, I used to love calling up my family and asking them if they wanted to buy cookies.  This just seems like one more thing already overworked parents are going to get stuck doing.
    I'm totally old school on this issue.  When the boys start selling stuff, they will be calling or stopping by family or friends to ask if they want to buy something.  I will not do it for them. (Remind me about this in 5 years, hopefully I won't eat my words). 

I do kind of think there is a small exception for girl scout cookies.  If my child wasn't the type to do it on their own, I know a ton of family members that would be mad if I didn't tell them that we were selling cookies.  I don't have anyone to buy some from this year, so I need to figure out which coworker has a kid selling them.  I want my girl scout cookies! 

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    Is anyone else bothered by the online GS Cookie sales now?  I've received 2 emails.  FFS, my niece is 9 and got a cell phone for Christmas.  She can't call and ask me on her fancy phone if I want to buy some cookies?  My SIL has to send me an email with a link saying "Girl Scout Cookies are Here!!"

It just seems lazy.

I don't know, I used to love calling up my family and asking them if they wanted to buy cookies.  This just seems like one more thing already overworked parents are going to get stuck doing.
    ITA on this part.  If my kid was selling cookies, I would have them at least sit down and type out a nice e-mail asking people to buy or at least write it out so people can know it's from them.  I absolutely hate the fundraiser things I get because they obviously can't do it and it really just pushes me to have to buy stuff to compensate.  That's why I have $50 of overpriced Christmas wrapping paper.
  • Options
    I have a FB friend that I'm ready to block, at least for the next few weeks.  A couple days ago she was going on about how she's ready to have her baby, she's so impatient and after a trip to L&D she's convinced she'll go into labor by Tuesday.  Then scrolling down...

She was still 36 weeks.  Shocking enough, they don't want her to go into labor until 37 weeks.  Now she's 2 days past 37 weeks and acting like she's overdue.  From someone who went overdue twice, she's annoying the crap out of me.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    @tinyhumantoe I seriously hope you do not have anymore falls before this baby comes!  Hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

harti09 said:
    Alright, we'll just keep broken Buzz around for a bit and use it to talk about being gentle. It's like his version of a lovey and has been since June/July. It's very much a comfort item for DS, which is why DH and I are second guessing how to handle it. 

I was going to say it would depend how important a toy it was.  I think if it's his "lovey" it would be okay to replace. It sounds like it's a bit of wear and tear combined with not understanding cause and effect.  I think they're just learning to understand that kind of stuff. 
  • Options

It just seems lazy.

That is crazy and I agree.  I remember the days of being tossed out the house with a pen and order sheet to sell cookies, sandwiches, wrapping paper, candy bars or whatever other crap we were selling for whatever team needed to raise money.  I am a strong believer in having the child do some of the work.

Also any girl scout that comes to my house i will buy cookies - i am a girl scout cookie hoarder  YUM.

However lady at work who sent a mass email that said you have cookies in your car to sell, nope, not buying it. 
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    MommaP12 said:
    @kelbel527 happy birthday to Brody!  5 was really hard for me last year, but of course I'm now struggling with him turning 6 in March!  I think it's just how it's going to be until the teen years for me.

Funny - we are thinking of doing a bowling alley party with  about 8 of his classmates with a Star Wars theme.  The empire STRIKES back...get it?  Yuk, yuk.   I'm still on the fence of having them just come to the house and hiring a magician.   After my Kindergarten Kristmas I'm a little scarred so we'll see.

Love this! I may steal if you don't mind. I'm probably doing a bowling party for James' 5th. But I also want to do a soccer party or ice skating party, ha. No winter birthday parties going down at my house until they do drop off parties.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    amandad715amandad715 member
    edited January 2015
    Pokedot said:
    Newt69 said:

They freeze really good, just sayin ;)

Yup. They do. Take it from me who pulled out a box of Samoas from 2013 that had been hiding behind some frozen bread dough. BTW-DH & I have eaten almost the entire box since Sat. Why are GS cookies so god damn small. 1 is definitely not sufficient, 2 aren't quite enough, so I end up eating 3. And there are like 12 in s box now??? I'm actually quite sad I'm not working right now to order some cookies. As a teacher, I get hit up from EVERYONE. Usually, my policy is I buy at least 1 box from any GS that asks me. As a former GS for 6 years, my mom would never let me ask my teachers. She always thought they would HAVE to say yes to everyone, and she felt bad bc there were always TON of GS in my classes. So she would take us around to our neighbors, family, etc .
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    MommaP12 said:
    @kelbel527 happy birthday to Brody!  5 was really hard for me last year, but of course I'm now struggling with him turning 6 in March!  I think it's just how it's going to be until the teen years for me.

Funny - we are thinking of doing a bowling alley party with  about 8 of his classmates with a Star Wars theme.  The empire STRIKES back...get it?  Yuk, yuk.   I'm still on the fence of having them just come to the house and hiring a magician.   After my Kindergarten Kristmas I'm a little scarred so we'll see.

I love that theme!  Great idea!  

We are just playing up the bowling part of our theme, Brody wanted it to be Ninja Turtles, but I couldn't work it into the theme, so he got to bring Ninja Turtle stuff to class today.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    watercolor5watercolor5 member
    edited January 2015
    I wanted to get chores done during naptime, but man this morning was the morning of tantrums.  ETA: so I think I deserve a break!

Poor Julia is just too big to make go in the ergo for grocery shopping, so today Sophia walked through the store holding onto the cart so Julia could ride in it.  (Crappy grocery store to not have double kid carts.)  I was actually impressed how well Sophia did holding onto the cart and not touching anything in the shelves- she takes pushing the cart very seriously. 

But Julia got tired a cried in the grocery store, which almost never happens anymore.  Then we got home and Sophia got hungry before I got lunch in her, and had a massive tantrum, rolling around on the floor and saying "NO mommy, I don't want mommy to do something!" whatever that meant. I just made lunch while she had a fit in the guest room/time out spot.  I think it may have been related to not wanting to go potty, but I'm not even sure.  She finally turned back into a human being when I got her to eat, but tantrums seem to be getting more frequent and she seems to have less control of herself when she's in the middle of one.  I think she felt bad about it afterward, cause she kept giving me kisses after lunch.

We have a parent orientation meeting on thurs to look into starting suzuki violin lessons for Sophia when she turns three.  I'm so excited for her to start lessons, but so scared of the cost!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"