September 2012 Moms

Tuesday Talk

Re: Tuesday Talk

• kelbel527 said:
    I've had a busy morning and FB is easier for me to post in between meetings (since nothing around here actually starts on time).  But now I have 5 minutes at my desk.

I already blew up everyone's IG and my FB page, but Brody turned 5 today.  For some reason this feels like a much bigger birthday to me than all of them before.  How can it seriously have been 5 years already?  He's going to kindergarten next year.  All of this freaks me out.  But he was seriously amazing this morning.  A great listener and super sweet.  I hope that carries through his day at school.

Also - I saw my friend and her baby last night.  He's doing a million times better!  Still in the NICU for at least a day or two, but he's off the breathing tubes and only has an IV in.  He's seriously adorable with a head of hair.  I brought her chocolate to help her through it.  ;)
    Happy birthday to Brody! And I'm with you @kelbel527 bc DS turns 5 next month, and for some reason, it's freaking me out too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • melody921melody921 member
    edited January 2015
    Newt69 said:
    I just ordered 4 boxes of girl scout cookies.....thank goodness they do not come in until mid-march
    I ordered 4 as well (although two are to give away). They'll be here Friday!

• I'm really tired and achey today and my neck hurts, too. In the past this has meant that my thyroid medication needs an adjustment. It could also explain me freaking out on H a couple times over the weekend for no reason at all. My thyroid being off makes me crazy.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Also, the hospital where Ethan was born had a shooting this morning. A man walked in, shot a cardiac Dr. and then killed himself. This freaks me the f out for so many reasons and it's so sad, too. What is wrong with this world??!!!

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Before you read this post any further, please keep in mind:

<--------------------  Not crafty

Ok.  So I love this bedskirt for Maya's bed:  Gold Dot Tulle Bed Skirt

I just found this on Pinterest:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/9570217930342514/

So I could make something similar with white tulle and gold sparkle/dots and my hot glue gun, yes?  Am I crazy to think I can attempt this?
    I am crafty and I wouldn't attempt this.  I can't do projects that I can't finish in a few hours.  I just won't ever finish it.
    this bed skirt looks putzy as fuck.  Adorable, but putzy.

I made a tutu when Nancy was a baby.  That was enough for me.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• So we host this conference on research and innovation every year, and this year's theme is "Innovation for the 21st and a Half Century", basically, what the world will look like in 30 years.

So we've been scrambling for a keynote, because the event is in ahem April.  I thought I found the perfect guy, and on paper he's everything we're looking for, and a well known futurist that frequently speaks on everything we want to touch on.  So I brought it to the committee and we all agreed to move forward.

Well his speaker fee is $9500 + travel, which isn't a huge deal, except that we haven't had to pay any of our keynotes previously, so everyone is all "This guy looks great! He had better be..."

...I'm watching some of his youtube videos, and having that "oh shit" feeling.

I just found this on Pinterest:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/9570217930342514/

So I could make something similar with white tulle and gold sparkle/dots and my hot glue gun, yes?  Am I crazy to think I can attempt this?
    I love the tulle in theory, but I think it will be hard to clean & will get yucky if it gets dusty.

I'm here suffering through what is my 5th sinus infection, at least, in the past year. What gives? I need to go grocery shopping, but couldn't pull myself together to go, lol. 

@tinyhumantoe I can't believe you fell again! You poor thing! Is there any way you can take a day off from work to recuperate?

@kelbel527 Happy bday to Brody! I LOVE the Star Wars theme for the party!

• Wow, those names are doozies @jenndub!  So glad you guys had a good trip!  You wear me out just watching all that you do with your kids. 

I am ready to cut some throats with the girl scout cookie sales thing.  Some parents are really tactful, and some are making my jaw drop.  I haven't bought a single box.  I got my fourth email from a family member about buying cookies.  Blah. 

I am having little anxiety attacks on a daily basis and I am getting a little bit sad about what the next few months hold.  I've been looking forward to my ML being different than last time.  I had this idea in my mind that I'd shut work off, tell all visitors no, and just enjoy my baby.  I think I'm going to be a mess again regardless of what I do, based on what's been giving me anxiety attacks every day lately. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • LOL that sucks @bper

I'm always surprised at who rocks as a speaker and who sucks.  DH's industry gets some really rando speakers, but they are always SO good, like the CEO of  the company that makes the "Life is good" shirts.  I thought those were out like 20 years ago, but I saw him speak and was like holy shit this guy is so awesome.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited January 2015
    My kid dumped a full bag of tostitos on the floor, dumped her applesauce on my carpet, put three toys in the toilet, fell off a chair twice and cried at an ear shattering volume for a million minutes each time, refused to take a nap on a nice cot I have for her in a dark room with an ipad movie......

Here she is sleeping on my book shelf, which she completely cleared off yesterday.  :(  I feel so bad for her.  I am so exhausted I don't know how I'm going to make it home.
    https://oi62.tinypic.com/15p1gtv.jpg

I think it would be pretty easy to do but you wouldn't be able to clean it and I imagine real tulle just layered would look messy fast (and tear easily). 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• LOL that sucks @bper

I'm always surprised at who rocks as a speaker and who sucks.  DH's industry gets some really rando speakers, but they are always SO good, like the CEO of  the company that makes the "Life is good" shirts.  I thought those were out like 20 years ago, but I saw him speak and was like holy shit this guy is so awesome.
    This guy had like, glowing reviews.  And he's a big deal in the world of futurists, whoever they may be.  I'm also trying to negotiate his speaker fee based solely on the fact that I'm afraid the VPR will watch one of his youtube videos and be all "Why am I paying 10k for this guy?"

• hmp1hmp1 member
    edited January 2015
    Before you read this post any further, please keep in mind:

I am crafty and I wouldn't attempt this.  I can't do projects that I can't finish in a few hours.  I just won't ever finish it.
    this bed skirt looks putzy as fuck.  Adorable, but putzy.

I made a tutu when Nancy was a baby.  That was enough for me.
    Oh, now that I take a closer look it does look tied like the skirts. Yeah, that would be a pain to do an entire bed skirt like that. I thought it was just layered and then bunched a little onto stick on velcro.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I wish I knew someone selling Girl Scout Cookies! I haven't had anyone come to me yet.... But even when I was a kid and selling Fundraising stuff, we went door to door or wrote letters to family members....

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tinyhumantoe I would definitely try talking to your OB.  I ended up having to go back on a low dose of meds about two weeks before Luci was born because I kept having panic attacks daily and was really struggling.  

I really hope that you find something that works!  And I'm sorry that W is pushing your buttons!  

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• I'm exhausted and I'm pretty positive I am getting sick again.  Luci was supposed to have round two of tubes today and also have her adenoids removed, but she got another ear infection and has spiked some major fevers.  She keeps coughing and has been sleeping either laying on me or sitting next to DH.  He and I are so tired it isn't funny.  I am hoping for a quick recovery and that she will make it to her next surgery date without further complications.

• I wish I knew someone selling Girl Scout Cookies! I haven't had anyone come to me yet.... But even when I was a kid and selling Fundraising stuff, we went door to door or wrote letters to family members....
    I don't know where you live, but apparently cookie sales in Wisconsin don't start for 6 days....

I didn't realize they were different throughout the US.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Now I really want some Girl Scout cookies
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • @willy_gert @dimples12 I am definitely going to talk to my doctor about it next week, because I think if I wait until after I have the baby I won't call and make an appointment.

Can I just mention that most OB nurses are fucking bitches?  This biotch on the phone yesterday had a huge attitude with me and made me feel so stupid for wanting to come in after my fall. 

The nurse I had when I got there was totally side eyeing me and seemed annoyed that I was there.  Turns out the phone nurse put that I "fell on my knee" last Wednesday and wanted checked out.  As Little John would say.......Whhhhhhooooowwwwhat?  I am telling you, there was zero opportunity for a misunderstanding of that proportion.  I told the second nurse that it explained why that nurse was such a crotch to me on the phone.  I gave her a look as to say, "yah, you're being a crotch to me too, so stop it."

• @willy_gert sorry you guys can't catch a break :(

• @willy_gert sorry you guys can't catch a break :(
    Thanks!  We'll get there I am sure!  I am trying to work on my attitude, because I know only I get to determine that.  So, I am choosing to believe that everything has been so unbelievably hard to make something else that much better later.

• You guys want to hear something funny?

I was telling DH about all of the bump drama and how they had that job listing.  He has now been bothering me for days to apply for it....

I think he is crazy and I told him that I was pretty sure I would feel like a traitor.

• @jenndub I agree!  I think bumpcaitlin has really been trying to answer questions and be honest.  I hate that one person has managed to bring down the community that I grew to love so much!  

I have had my fair share of butthurt and what some would consider trolling, bullying, etc and I survived and damnit if I'm not a better person for it all.  Just so sad!

• I do agree with corporate mods though. They have needed that for awhile with all the shit that has gone down when mods go crazy. Not for our board now, we don't need a mod. Just a shame they are using this as the reason when the mods did nothing wrong.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• bosha711 said:

@kelbel527 Happy bday to Brody! I LOVE the Star Wars theme for the party!

Thanks!!  And the Star Wars theme was actually @mommaP12 's idea.  We're just going for boring old bowling theme.  :)  Like, "Thanks for rolling by!"  

Now, I'm wishing I had heard about the Star Wars theme a month ago. :)

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• I don't know what the f is going on with Nancy.  She has peed her pants everyday for the last 4 days.

The kid has been PT since AUGUST.  WTF is she doing this for?!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• AlinnJoAlinnJo member
    edited January 2015
    Im pretty sure my child is going through a growth spurt. After not eating much for almost 2 weeks over Christmas she is more than making up for it now. Our grocery bill has gone up quite a bit these last couple of weeks. Toddler appetites are no joke

@tinyhumantoe‌ I'm exhausted and stressed just reading your posts. PLEASE make sure you are taking some time for yourself to relax. It's not healthy for you! I'm glad you are going to talk to your doctor. I think it will help. I really mean this in the nicest way possible. I'm just concerned for you!! Your posts make me nervous!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The professional mod thing is interesting. Our board certainly doesn't need one but I can see other boards that do. The m15 board was freaking crazy at times. And the mods were always "siding" with the "regs" and at times I didn't agree with what was said or the decisions. I can see the benefit of having someone who isn't personally involved make the decisions on banning.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • AlinnJo said:
    The professional mod thing is interesting. Our board certainly doesn't need one but I can see other boards that do. The m15 board was freaking crazy at times. And the mods were always "siding" with the "regs" and at times I didn't agree with what was said or the decisions. I can see the benefit of having someone who isn't personally involved make the decisions on banning.
    Yeah, I see the corp mods being more like lurkers. They get a feel for the board but mainly only interact when something is flagged. I really can't see myself caring what kind of car seat my mod has if she isn't organically part of the group.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Is it wrong that I'm keeping some graham crackers in then ridge so that when I have a quick second I can dip them in some frosting and eat it. So unhealthy. But so good.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • AlinnJo said:

Is it wrong that I'm keeping some graham crackers in then ridge so that when I have a quick second I can dip them in some frosting and eat it. So unhealthy. But so good.

I love a graham cracker or graham stick dipped in Nutella or hazelnut spread.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The people not banned seem to be going board to board to ask everyone to move to pro.boards. They have not gotten a very warm reception everywhere, especially when multiple people hit up the same board. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"