Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Professions

I was just wondering the different types of fathers on this message board. What do you all do for a living? Does work interfere with being with your family more than you'd like?

I work for a healthcare company setting up home oxygen and medical equipment. Long hours and an on call schedule makes it a little bit harder on me when it comes to bonding with my son.

Re: Professions

• Options
    Actuary. 7:30-4:00 are my hours with a one hour lunch break. Not a bad gig. I did spend 6 years completing exams which was rough. When my son was born I had one left to finish. I passed it, but it was a rough 4 months of studying. I usually studied for 30 minutes before work, an hour during work, during my one hour lunch break, stayed 2 hours after work to study and one hour before bed. I usually aimed for 5-6 hours a day of studying. I do not miss those days.
  • Options
    Mechanical Engineer, I get up at 5:20 am and a lot of times don't get home until around 6 pm.  I really should work more hours based on project deadlines but my company doesn't force people to work more than 40 hours, I voluntarily do more (roughly 45 hours a week).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Winemaker, hours are 10:30 to 6:00. No younglings yet though, wife is almost halfway towards our first
  • Options
    I work in retail distribution.  I work Sun-Wed, 10 hour days, so I get 3 days off, 2 alone with the kids, 1 as a full family.  The days I work, I don't feel like I get enough time with the kids, but it does allow me 3 days with them uninterrupted, the two days alone are typically very nice, since they are during the standard work week, I can take the kids to the zoo or the local children's museum when it is quieter since most parents are at work, allowing them to play easier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"