August 2014 Moms

WTF/UO/FFFC

2»

Re: WTF/UO/FFFC

• chase16 said:

belle785 said:

chase16 said:

violajack said:

Not sure if this is an UO or FFC, but I have thoughts. My child will learn to sleep on his own when he darn well feels like sleeping on his own. Even my toddler still needs help eating (he can't prepare his own food), dressing, pottying (still in diapers, but likes to sit on the potty), picking up heavy things, getting places, and many other things. I don't see why helping him sleep is so horrible. Heck, my baby can't even move from place to place without my help, I'm sure as heck still going to help him go to sleep or get back to sleep if he needs it. 

Would you call it a problem if a one year old still fell down on occasion or needed help or encouragement to walk? Why is it such a problem for them to need help with sleep? 

Now, my definite FFFC, my trio is playing for a house party in a fancy shmancy part of town from 10-11 and we've been invited to join in the drinks and desserts after to ring in the new year. I could make it home by midnight to celebrate with DH, but he'll probably be asleep after dealing with dinner and bedtime for the two boys on his own, so I think I'm just going to stay out and party. For once. 
    All of this. Why are we as a culture in such a damn hurry for our babies not to be babies? Julia slept through the night early on, from like 4 weeks. Then we found out that she wasn't getting enough to eat, and my supply dropped, partially because I wasn't feeding her at night. So I'm perfectly happy that now she wakes up twice every night to eat. Not saying that our situation is typical, but I'm not in any hurry for her to STTN. Same thing with solids. APA says 6 months, and babies don't even need solid food nutritionally for a year. I guess this is all an UO, but I just don't see the hurry for any of it.
    It's not necessarily a hurry all the time. You don't know family dynamics of every household. Parents may be utterly exhausted and at that point, it's not healthy nor safe for mom or dad to be getting up multiple times a night. Around 6-9 months old, my DS1 was waking 3-6 times a night out of habit and would not just stop on his own. It was taking a toll of my health, family and marriage. Sleep training at 9 months was the best thing that happened. DS went from fussy and overtired to a happy well rested baby. We functioned so much better. I WISH I would have listened to my pedi at 6 months and did some training then. Waiting until he was ready would have never happened and guarantee he would still be a crappy sleeper at 3 years old.
    Sure but that's 9 months. Our babies are 4-5 months right now. Maybe a couple are just approaching 6 months. CIO and sleep training and STTN have been talked about since September.
    This is true and shouldn't be an expectation that they should be sleeping thru the night at 3-5 months old. I do think though that when most pedis are offering sleep advice, they are trying to encourage better sleep habits. Bad habits do start around this age. My kid is waking up 2-3 times a night and I know he is not hungry every time but I nurse him to get him back down... And I know that it's a bad habit and unless I do some sort of training it will probably get worse or continue. The older the baby gets, the harder sleep training becomes. That said, I will not sleep train this one until I get the green like from our pediatrician but I know I will have to.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @cdseno, so sorry to hear your LO is having a rough time! That sounds terrible for all of you!! I had a similar issue with DD so I know difficult that can be. Have you considered taking your LO to a GI? If I remember correctly from previous posts you are already dairy free so it may be helpful to have a GI take a look. Just a thought...

DD screamed non-stop for two months. I kept taking her in to the doctor because I felt like something was wrong but they kept dismissing my concerns. Turns out DD wasn't a difficult baby as the doctor suggested but had MSPI. I think your gut is usually right so if you feel like there is something more going on there probably is.Like you, I don't believe a baby is generally that miserable for no reason. I'm glad that you are able to get a second opinion and hope you are able to get some answers. Sending creepy internet hugs your way!
  • @jenniferurs‌ so glad you got some relief!!

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• UO.  Baby lead weaning scares the shit out of me.  I blame the video on you tube with the baby choking during his BLW session.  My nerves can't handle that shit man.  

Thank you for reminding me I need to watch some videos!
  • FFFC: I don't want to go to DH's Aunts for New Year's Day. I just want to stay home with our little family in our pjs.
    MIL will be looking for an apology for my asking her to respect our parenting choices...she is NOT getting one. I did nothing wrong. Maybe I will be ''sick" tomorrow.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My UO- I'm getting really tired of reading sleep training arguments.
    But I thought we were having such a lovely, respectful discussion on the topic. At least no one has told me they feel sorry for my husband or kids yet. 

I am not getting tired of your siggy. 

We did BLW with #1 and he only had one episode of gagging that was a little nerve wracking. It wasn't that bad.

FFFC again: I just put a jamberry sample on and I kind of like it. I may have to order some. I hate myself a little right now.

I am so looking forward to the gig tonight.

I am also so procrastinating on a writing project while my kids nap, can you tell?

Darn you internet for being so entertaining. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So my husband's cousin and his wife (who we are close to but moved to the East coast a year ago and now don't see often) just posted on their facebook that they are naming their daughter who is due in 1 month the same name as our LO! It's not even a common name. Even when she was born he said thanks for taking our name. We had never discussed names before with them. He then proceeded to tell us that the other name they liked their good friend stole from them and how he was pissed about it. So I feel like he would totally understand. Wtf we are so pissed and wrote him an email being like for reals? What would you do?
  • I don't understand getting worked up over the same name. Realistically, we all have the same name as someone else. I am friends with several people who have the exact first and middle name as me.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My #1 name was taken by DH cousin, so we picked another.  It is kind of weird to use the same name within family, even though you don't see them much.  Calling them out isn't really going to help or change anything though.
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our DS has the same name as one of his cousins (we're not very close), but it never even crossed my mind as being an issue.
  • The name is Hazel. Ugh it's also like what kind of people they are, etc. guess I'll have to get over it. I would just never do that so it's hard for me to understand.
  • I love the name Hazel. It's actually very popular where I live. I know 4-5 girls born last year with that name.
  • Yeah, I don't see the issue. Nobody owns a name. My best friend and I both plan on using the name Blake (she, if she has a boy; and me, whether I have a boy or a girl).

Neither of us care.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• So my husband's cousin and his wife (who we are close to but moved to the East coast a year ago and now don't see often) just posted on their facebook that they are naming their daughter who is due in 1 month the same name as our LO! It's not even a common name. Even when she was born he said thanks for taking our name. We had never discussed names before with them. He then proceeded to tell us that the other name they liked their good friend stole from them and how he was pissed about it. So I feel like he would totally understand. Wtf we are so pissed and wrote him an email being like for reals? What would you do?

I'm a bit confused. Are you upset they are making a big deal out of using the name or are you upset that they are using the name you used?
  • Strange story about names. We picked a name for DD2 shortly after finding out her sex. We called her that name the rest of my pregnancy. A lady who was due after me chose the same name for her DD. After DD2 was born we looked at her and changed her name on the spot. Then, that lady gave birth and named her DD the name we ended up choosing. It was kinda funny. I always wonder if that was a crazy coincidence or not.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @leannerivers‌ I get where you're coming from and honestly I would be a bit annoyed too. However, IMO it's one of those in the moment annoyances. One day you won't care in any way. Don't sweat it.
                             imageimageimage
              Emma June 8/22/2014
  • Couple name stories!!  DS was actually named after DH until about an hour before we left the hospital, we're both glad we made the switch now LoL

When I was born, my mom had the name Caitlin picked out...the woman she roomed with had her daughter the day before and also named her Caitlin - my mom felt the need to change my name. Therefore, I am not Caitlin. Strange enough, that Caitlin & I became good friends through elementary & high school - so I'm actually glad we didn't have the same name! LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"