WTF/UO/FFFC — The Bump
August 2014 Moms
«1

Re: WTF/UO/FFFC

  • WTF: seriously H. I want to sleep train this kid and get her out of my bed. Stop yelling at me and making me bring her back. Obviously, she's going to cry.

    UO: NYE is overrated. I will be sleeping by 10.

    FFFC: my sister wants to come stay here tonight and I'm avoiding it at all costs. I spent all day yesterday thinking up a good excuse but I haven't found one yet.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisylola11
  • Loading the player...
  • UO: We gave DD sweet potatoes last night. She LOVED them, and I know it was a great decision for us to start :) She ate half a container and was still wanting more.
    image
    Lena76
  • WTF sleep regression :( I know it only takes LO a few min to fall back asleep...but sleeping in 1-2 hr stretches is making me feel like I have been up all night.

    UO: I also couldn't care less about NYE. I will be in bed early.

    @Joy1192‌ I think your LO could develop a sudden and unexpected "illness" that your sis definitely wouldn't want to catch.
    jamjoyful
  • Wtf ex!? There's a reason why our papers state a certain person can't be around DS! Maybe because he's a freaking child molestor! Yet you allow him to be around anyway !?! Do you not freaking care about DS health and well being!?

    Wtf DS guardian ad litem!? You're supposed to make the best legal decision in support of DS and you wipe your hands clean and say contact someone else!? Does that really make any freaking sense!?!?
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • @joy1192 Tell your sister everyone at your house has really bad diahhrea.

    @kimberlybethh I would probably be locked up for killing my husband if this happened at our house. You are a better woman than I.
    jamjoyfulkimberlybethh
  • Another sleep UO: I read Dr Sears sleep book about 3 years ago and didn't finish it. I did not agree with it. If you have a 1 yr old waking up multiple times a night to nurse or need comfort, you have a problem. Most children like this will not magically start sleeping through the night.

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker






    dogperson11
  • FFFC if our pedi gave us the go ahead to cio because I asked for sleeping advice, I'd jump right on that boat.
    image
    image
    [Deleted User]belle785jamjoyfulabnelsen22
  • I will also be in bed by 10, after many glasses of wine and leftover halloween candy, obviously.
    I support the "oh no we all have diarrhea" excuse.

    I also support ordering a billion pizzas, @kimberlybethh‌ - throw some beer in there and be done with it. Stupid NYE.
    jamjoyful
  • @Joy1192‌ tell her you are sleep training and she doesn't stop bawling her eyes out.
    image
    image
    [Deleted User]jamjoyful
  • WTF sleep regression! That's all I really need to say...
    UO: There is no one right way to get your child to sleep. I think the end result will be the same with many methods and it's more about what makes you feel ok as a parent.
    FFFC: I am actually considering giving my DS rice cereal in the evening just to see if he'll sleep better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Elaina22Eena1242amj1053allygirl520
  • WTF sleep regression! That's all I really need to say...
    UO: There is no one right way to get your child to sleep. I think the end result will be the same with many methods and it's more about what makes you feel ok as a parent.
    FFFC: I am actually considering giving my DS rice cereal in the evening just to see if he'll sleep better.

    We have tried rice cereal three times now and it hasn't made a difference yet. She still wakes up so much. I have even upped the amount a little each time.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kareik01 said:


    Joy1192 said:

    Okay, I did a blend of illness/sleep training and she isn't coming!!! Phew!!

    FFFC #2: I am listening to the Frozen soundtrack and DD1 isn't even here.

    FFFC: I just watched Frozen for the first time yesterday when I was home sick. Loved it!


    I actually like it. She hasn't been into it as much anymore and it makes me sad. I would rather watch Frozen before I have to watch Dora.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FFFC: I've had the stomach flu since yesterday. My FI was starting work at 5 am this morning and so we had MIL babysit DS overnight. Also, it's getting me out of a NYE party at BIL's parents house tonight.

    While I feel like shit, I don't even hold a grudge.
    *************
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
    Elaina22
  • Joy1192 said:

    WTF sleep regression! That's all I really need to say...
    UO: There is no one right way to get your child to sleep. I think the end result will be the same with many methods and it's more about what makes you feel ok as a parent.
    FFFC: I am actually considering giving my DS rice cereal in the evening just to see if he'll sleep better.

    We have tried rice cereal three times now and it hasn't made a difference yet. She still wakes up so much. I have even upped the amount a little each time.
    Dang it! I have a feeling it won't work though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think I will probably end up going the pizza route so I only have to make appetizers and dessert. DH is on cleaning duty. What kills me is this is the second time he has done something like this. We always throw a party on July 3rd. The year DD was born I was 38 weeks preggo and didn't want to mess with it. I told him I wanted to do something low key which in my opinion is less than 10 people. He ended up inviting our whole block plus our friends so it was more like 70 people. I was super pissed and made him do everything. After the super random assortment of food I told him he was fired from party planning duties and he couldn't spring something on me last minute again. He is majorly in the doghouse right now.

  • WTF sleep regression! That's all I really need to say... UO: There is no one right way to get your child to sleep. I think the end result will be the same with many methods and it's more about what makes you feel ok as a parent. FFFC: I am actually considering giving my DS rice cereal in the evening just to see if he'll sleep better.
    We have tried rice cereal three times now and it hasn't made a difference yet. She still wakes up so much. I have even upped the amount a little each time.
    Dang it! I have a feeling it won't work though.
    Agreed. I started DD on cereal to get her used to eating off a spoon, not to help sleep better because I had read that was a myth. I agree. Didn't help or hinder her, IMO. She has started sleeping better, but I won't attribute it to the cereal because we didn't do the cereal every night and she started sleeping better even on those off nights.
    image
  • @SoSayWeAll‌ we have been doing rice cereal in the evening for four nights. It only worked the first night :( however he loves it and was showing signs of readiness...so I guess it is all good!
  • WTF boobs?  Where is the milk?  My pumping output has reduced a bunch this week and it's starting to scare me.  Going to change my membranes and start eating oatmeal again and hope things even out.  But it's stressing me out (which I know only makes it worse, ugh).  I love how I can hand out advice on here about how it's normal to see reductions, and stop stressing, and what to do to fix it - but then I won't take my own advice! So I guess WTF self too.

    FFFC:  I have a huge case that I need to work on, set for trial in 2 weeks.  And I just can't do it.  It is so overwhelming that I don't even know where to start, so I just don't.  Now I'm kinda panicking, and eating even more cookies than I was before.  I need to get my life in order! 


    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker


     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
    Eena1242
  • WTF hair? This receding hairline is about to bring me to tears. Every time I'm about to cry I just walk away from the mirror and think about taking all the mirrors down in my house. UO: I hate when people say "as long as he sleeps through the night...that's all that matters." No, it's not all that matters. In fact, I'd rather wake up once or twice a night to feed LO if that meant he'd stop fighting naps, nap longer than 30 min, not require this insane bouncing act and sleeping in my arms. Cranky, no napping babies are not fine because he "sleeps through the night." He deserves to be happy and well rested all day! FFFC: I drank too much this past week. I guess I was pretending I wasn't a mom or something. Hearing LO talk to himself on the monitor at 2 am with a raging champagne headache sucks. I'd like to say I won't do this tonight, but it's NYE (I'll be in bed by 10!) so I probably will and then return to my normal 1-2 drinks a week in the new year.
    Um, did I just write this post?
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

    [Deleted User]
  • Joy1192 said:

    WTF sleep regression! That's all I really need to say...
    UO: There is no one right way to get your child to sleep. I think the end result will be the same with many methods and it's more about what makes you feel ok as a parent.
    FFFC: I am actually considering giving my DS rice cereal in the evening just to see if he'll sleep better.

    We have tried rice cereal three times now and it hasn't made a difference yet. She still wakes up so much. I have even upped the amount a little each time.
    Dang it! I have a feeling it won't work though.
    I won't lie. I'm making sweet potatoes for her today. At 17 pounds she has no reason to nurse so frequently at night. The pedi said she should be good to go to eat it.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Daisylola11Daisylola11
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers Photogenic
    member
    edited December 2014
    Wtf DH why are you being weird about staying the night at your families late Xmas party that's 3 hours away! It's gonna be a loooong day and as much as I hate sleeping on an air mattress it would make the stay more relaxing and enjoyable instead of dreading the car ride with LO who hates long car rides. I might try to convince/guilt him into it haha

     UO: I couldn't let LO CIO (at this age) it hurts too much, I didn't think it would affect me as much as it does. This was something I judged before having kids. Right. In. The. Feels. 

     FFFC: just watched kiesza do a live performance on Kelly and Michael and I kind like her, made me watch her hideaway video and I actually love it, not sure why haha but the clothes are great! Bringing back the 90s.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                        Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

    [Deleted User]
  • FFFC: LO is hoarse from all the screaming he has done the last two days. I feel like the worst mother because nothing I do makes him stop. Two nights ago I couldn't even get him to nurse. I am on the verge of tears every day just thinking about it. His pediatrician said to just give him Tylenol to see if it helped. My mom and sister told me I need to get a second opinion and I am going to, but calling the doctor just to say that my kid cries all day gives me anxiety.
    image
  • cdseno said:

    FFFC: LO is hoarse from all the screaming he has done the last two days. I feel like the worst mother because nothing I do makes him stop. Two nights ago I couldn't even get him to nurse. I am on the verge of tears every day just thinking about it. His pediatrician said to just give him Tylenol to see if it helped. My mom and sister told me I need to get a second opinion and I am going to, but calling the doctor just to say that my kid cries all day gives me anxiety.

    I'm so sorry. That sounds really rough.
    cdseno
  • violajack said:

    Not sure if this is an UO or FFC, but I have thoughts. My child will learn to sleep on his own when he darn well feels like sleeping on his own. Even my toddler still needs help eating (he can't prepare his own food), dressing, pottying (still in diapers, but likes to sit on the potty), picking up heavy things, getting places, and many other things. I don't see why helping him sleep is so horrible. Heck, my baby can't even move from place to place without my help, I'm sure as heck still going to help him go to sleep or get back to sleep if he needs it. 


    Would you call it a problem if a one year old still fell down on occasion or needed help or encouragement to walk? Why is it such a problem for them to need help with sleep? 

    Now, my definite FFFC, my trio is playing for a house party in a fancy shmancy part of town from 10-11 and we've been invited to join in the drinks and desserts after to ring in the new year. I could make it home by midnight to celebrate with DH, but he'll probably be asleep after dealing with dinner and bedtime for the two boys on his own, so I think I'm just going to stay out and party. For once. 
    At what point, though, is your child playing you like a fiddle? I understand what you're saying, I do, but some parents let their kid run the show meanwhile the parents complain about their kid. I'm not saying this about babies necessarily, but if they've slept through the night all on their own and they are growing, why not try to keep up the good habit?
    image
    image
    abnelsen22
  • I don't care if my kid still wakes up at night. Every 1-2 hours to eat is crazy but I still do it. However, she has me dialed in and knows exactly how to weasel herself into my bed. That's my only sleep issue. It she wanted to continue the night wakings but let me get the hour or two of sleep without holding someone, I would be one happy mama!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • belle785 said:

    chase16 said:

    violajack said:

    Not sure if this is an UO or FFC, but I have thoughts. My child will learn to sleep on his own when he darn well feels like sleeping on his own. Even my toddler still needs help eating (he can't prepare his own food), dressing, pottying (still in diapers, but likes to sit on the potty), picking up heavy things, getting places, and many other things. I don't see why helping him sleep is so horrible. Heck, my baby can't even move from place to place without my help, I'm sure as heck still going to help him go to sleep or get back to sleep if he needs it. 


    Would you call it a problem if a one year old still fell down on occasion or needed help or encouragement to walk? Why is it such a problem for them to need help with sleep? 

    Now, my definite FFFC, my trio is playing for a house party in a fancy shmancy part of town from 10-11 and we've been invited to join in the drinks and desserts after to ring in the new year. I could make it home by midnight to celebrate with DH, but he'll probably be asleep after dealing with dinner and bedtime for the two boys on his own, so I think I'm just going to stay out and party. For once. 
    All of this. Why are we as a culture in such a damn hurry for our babies not to be babies? Julia slept through the night early on, from like 4 weeks. Then we found out that she wasn't getting enough to eat, and my supply dropped, partially because I wasn't feeding her at night. So I'm perfectly happy that now she wakes up twice every night to eat. Not saying that our situation is typical, but I'm not in any hurry for her to STTN. Same thing with solids. APA says 6 months, and babies don't even need solid food nutritionally for a year. I guess this is all an UO, but I just don't see the hurry for any of it.
    It's not necessarily a hurry all the time. You don't know family dynamics of every household. Parents may be utterly exhausted and at that point, it's not healthy nor safe for mom or dad to be getting up multiple times a night. Around 6-9 months old, my DS1 was waking 3-6 times a night out of habit and would not just stop on his own. It was taking a toll of my health, family and marriage. Sleep training at 9 months was the best thing that happened. DS went from fussy and overtired to a happy well rested baby. We functioned so much better. I WISH I would have listened to my pedi at 6 months and did some training then. Waiting until he was ready would have never happened and guarantee he would still be a crappy sleeper at 3 years old.
    Sure but that's 9 months. Our babies are 4-5 months right now. Maybe a couple are just approaching 6 months. CIO and sleep training and STTN have been talked about since September.
    [Deleted User]courtniko[Deleted User]
  • FFFC: LO is hoarse from all the screaming he has done the last two days. I feel like the worst mother because nothing I do makes him stop. Two nights ago I couldn't even get him to nurse. I am on the verge of tears every day just thinking about it. His pediatrician said to just give him Tylenol to see if it helped. My mom and sister told me I need to get a second opinion and I am going to, but calling the doctor just to say that my kid cries all day gives me anxiety.
    Don't be anxious. I was that baby and my mom took me to two different drs who told her there was nothing wrong with me. I screamed non stop for about a year. When my DS was born and started all day screaming, everyone was all "oh he's just like his mom." Turns out he has silent reflux. Zantac didn't work, but prevacid works wonderfully for him. As I was explaining the symptoms to my mom, she had a light bulb moment and realized I had the same thing. She's still upset with those drs 30 something years later. Keep searching for an answer because it sounds like something is bothering your LO. Hang in there!
    Thank you! On Friday I'm going to call the pediatrician who was diligent with my niece 8 years ago when my sister took her in because she cried all the time and she ended up needing open heart surgery at 3 months old.  Not that I am saying that is what is wrong, but our doctor just seems too quick to brush it off as he's a fussy baby and just bored all the time and he will grow out of it.  This other doctor actually worked at making sure she had every base covered with my niece because they just knew something was off, and that is what I need right now. I feel like a baby just can't be this unhappy all the time for no reason.
    image
    [Deleted User]IceHide61313herecomesthesun
  • I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm right by any means. Most who have done some sort of sleep training have had really difficult babies who aren't sleeping very much or they need to be in mom's arms constantly.
    chase16 said:

    belle785 said:

    chase16 said:

    violajack said:

    Not sure if this is an UO or FFC, but I have thoughts. My child will learn to sleep on his own when he darn well feels like sleeping on his own. Even my toddler still needs help eating (he can't prepare his own food), dressing, pottying (still in diapers, but likes to sit on the potty), picking up heavy things, getting places, and many other things. I don't see why helping him sleep is so horrible. Heck, my baby can't even move from place to place without my help, I'm sure as heck still going to help him go to sleep or get back to sleep if he needs it. 


    Would you call it a problem if a one year old still fell down on occasion or needed help or encouragement to walk? Why is it such a problem for them to need help with sleep? 

    Now, my definite FFFC, my trio is playing for a house party in a fancy shmancy part of town from 10-11 and we've been invited to join in the drinks and desserts after to ring in the new year. I could make it home by midnight to celebrate with DH, but he'll probably be asleep after dealing with dinner and bedtime for the two boys on his own, so I think I'm just going to stay out and party. For once. 
    All of this. Why are we as a culture in such a damn hurry for our babies not to be babies? Julia slept through the night early on, from like 4 weeks. Then we found out that she wasn't getting enough to eat, and my supply dropped, partially because I wasn't feeding her at night. So I'm perfectly happy that now she wakes up twice every night to eat. Not saying that our situation is typical, but I'm not in any hurry for her to STTN. Same thing with solids. APA says 6 months, and babies don't even need solid food nutritionally for a year. I guess this is all an UO, but I just don't see the hurry for any of it.
    It's not necessarily a hurry all the time. You don't know family dynamics of every household. Parents may be utterly exhausted and at that point, it's not healthy nor safe for mom or dad to be getting up multiple times a night. Around 6-9 months old, my DS1 was waking 3-6 times a night out of habit and would not just stop on his own. It was taking a toll of my health, family and marriage. Sleep training at 9 months was the best thing that happened. DS went from fussy and overtired to a happy well rested baby. We functioned so much better. I WISH I would have listened to my pedi at 6 months and did some training then. Waiting until he was ready would have never happened and guarantee he would still be a crappy sleeper at 3 years old.
    Sure but that's 9 months. Our babies are 4-5 months right now. Maybe a couple are just approaching 6 months. CIO and sleep training and STTN have been talked about since September.
    Some sleep training is alright for 4 months.

    I think it is a case by case situation. I'd like to work with my LO at night when she randomly wakes up and can't go back to sleep without playing the paci game or being held, but I know she isn't ready for that just yet. It is good for her when she STTN because she wakes up refreshed. Why wouldn't I want to help her wake up happy and ready for the day?
    image
    image
    belle785becominggold
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards