July 2015 Moms
Options

dryel?

Are at home dry clean kits safe? Like dryel? I can't seem to find anything online or on the package, and honestly didn't even think about it until my aunt mentioned it's dangerous...

It's too cold to turn on the water at my house to do laundry - I was going to freshen a few sweaters and work pants!

Re: dryel?

• Options
    How could it not be safe?
    Married July 19, 2014.
    Inherited one stepson, so excited to continue our family!
    BFP#1: June 15, 2014. MC June 20, 2014.
    BFP#2: July 11, 2014. MMC July 27, 2014. Naturally passed tissue August 5, 2014.
    BFP#3: October 29, 2014.
    EDD: July 8, 2015 *Stick baby stick!*
    imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have no idea, I never thought it would be risky, but two of my aunts are worried about me drycleaning some stuff at home - said to watch out for the chemicals. I found nothing online, and I feel like if the chemicals were so toxic it wouldn't be sold at general grocery stores or would come with warnings...but then there's a lot I don't know about too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you get your closed dry cleaned all the time over years and years and years it is possibly associated with cancer. I don't think using it occasionally will do any harm. If it was a known teratogen you would find stuff online I'm sure. Good luck though.
  • Options
    I'm not sure to be honest. I know dryer sheets have tons of known carcinogens and neurotoxins that are known to cause several neurological issues. Maybe do an ingredient comparison?
  • Options
    Thanks...I'll go back to my original plan of just using it! I never even gave it a thought, and seems like no one else has either. My dryer is basically outside (greenhouse) so if there are fumes, they'll be far from me! You would think if it could have damaging effects on a growing fetus there would be SOMETHING out there as a warning, here's to hoping my aunt is paranoid!
  • Options
    My mom didn't want me carrying ornament boxes downstairs because I shouldn't be carrying stuff downstairs. So yeah, I think paranoid is within the realm of possibility.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"