August 2014 Moms

Pump part cleaning

Anyone who pumps multiple times a day- how do you clean them during the day? I just wash them with soap and water, rinse, and dry the best I can. Usually at the end of the day I run them through a medela microwave steam bag. What do you do?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pump part cleaning

• I just put them in the fridge, then clean in the dishwasher at the end of the day

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • courtniko said:

I'm lazy. I stick them in a zip lock in the fridge between uses during the day. At night I wash with soap and water.
    I sterilized them when I first got them and then once more after a few months of use.

Same here.
  • I just throw them in dishwasher.
    I love the idea of keeping them in fridge though... Smart thinking!
  • Same as you but I only steam once a week. When I get lazy fridge, but that's rare. It grosses me out a little.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The LC only recommended rinsing with warm water after each use and washing with soap and water once a day. 

This is what I want to do but I didn't know if that was ok.
  • I rinse them and medela micro steam them during the day.
    Mom to Frances, 6, Adam, 4, and baby Lila.
  • Rinse during the day And wash at night... How do you ladies handle the cold part after being in the fridge! I can't imagine using refrigerated stuff I already have to turn the heater on in the closet where I pump... Brrrr!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Rinse and put in the fridge during the day, wash when I get home. I also sterilize daily.
  • In fridge between uses. Dishwasher every night. Run the sterilize cycle on the dishwasher and the heated dry.
  • dogperson11dogperson11 member
    edited January 2015
    I have 2 sets for pumping twice at work. I use a wet bag and store the dirty parts in the large compartment and clean parts in the small compartment. I wash all parts in hot water with dish soap each evening when I get home. I use the same wet bag all week.

ETA: I steam sterilize about once a month.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Fridge when at work but random pumping at home when nanny is there I wash.
  • trawas01 said:

The LC only recommended rinsing with warm water after each use and washing with soap and water once a day. 

Ditto.
    Samesies!
  • Rinse with water and dry after each pump, wash with soap and hot water every night. Throw in the dishwasher occasionally.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• I mostly pump at work. When I get into work I wash everything with the special medela soap and steam clean in one of the medela microwave bags. Then throughout the day I just rinse with warm water and leave out to dry.
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

• Rinse and dry at work, soap and water at home, then steam bag and grass-dry.
  • May be a dumb question but what goes in the fridge and why?!?

I just let think stack up and wash them with hot water and baby soap when I can.

I run then though the dish washer at the end of the week and sterilize twice a month
  • @Erika101076 I put the flange, the membrane, the duck bill thing and the bottle ( anything the pumped milk touches) into the fridge between uses at work each day. Then I don't have clean all the parts at work, I just clean them at home once each night.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"