Colorado Babies

33 weeks & just moved.. NEED recommendations

As stated above I just moved to the Denver area .I am 33.5 weeks with my Second.  I am in desperate need of suggestions for an Ob/gyn and hospital. We have been going back and forth between Sky Ridge and Swedish Med Center. Unfortunately, I have not been able to see either facility as we just moved here a week ago. :/ 

Re: 33 weeks & just moved.. NEED recommendations

• Both hospitals are good. Go tour both to get a feel. If it were me I would go to Swedish. I know more about them than skyridge.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I delivered at Skyridge and loved it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Skyridge has a ridiculous C-section rate. Like over 40%. I know one person of many friends/ acquaintances that delivered there that actually had a vaginal birth.
    Anniversary
  • I think it depends on what part of Denver you live in or live near. I know convenience and proximity to the hospital are sometimes really important. I'm delivering our babe at Lutheran Hospital which is in Wheat Ridge. I live in northwest Denver so it's super close (only about 8-10 minutes away). I've been seeing a group of midwives there and they have a lovely birth center in the hospital. 

• I just delivered (early at 33 weeks) at St. Joseph's. They were fantastic. My doctor is with Rocky Mountain Women's Care, and attends at St. Joe's as well. I came in pre-eclamptic and was all sorts of messed up, and they were so caring and wonderful. My son is still in the NICU there and I'm utterly confident in their skills.
    Ben Louis, born March 20, 2015 @ 11:50PM. Delivered by c-section at 32 weeks and 6 days due to mother's pre-eclampsia. Doing brilliantly in NICU!

Handstamped, custom jewelry from Charmedseed... grown just for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"