August 2015 Moms

That's it for me (loss mentioned)

KencranKencran member
edited January 2015 in August 2015 Moms
well ladies I had my follow up ultrasound and there was no growth and baby's heart has stopped. I'm handling it pretty well as I'm looking at my 9 month old laughing at me so regardless Ive been blessed. However in the past it hasn't been so easy. I now need to decide whether to try to miscarry naturally or schedule the d&c my doc says it's all up to me. Any ladies have any stories or suggestions regarding this? Anyway It's been nice ladies wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies!

Re: That's it for me (loss mentioned)

• So sorry for your loss.
  • I'm so very sorry -- no suggestions either, but best wishes and positive thoughts.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself.
    DS: 12-17-10
    DD: 06-10-15 (32 weeker)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's a really personal choice, it really depends on you and your H. I chose the D&C first time around since I had been in limbo for a month already and just wanted it over, but others have chosen to do it naturally for good reasons too. Please take care of yourself.
  • So sorry for your loss. Whichever way you decide I hope you heal quickly.
  • melsnermelsner member
    edited January 2015
    So sorry for your loss. 

I had a natural miscarriage last year. I was 12 weeks, but baby probably stopped growing around 7 or 8. I had contractions that built up over the coarse of 2 days, got extremely intense to the point of throwing up. When I thought I couldn't handle it anymore, a couple contractions later my water broke. Baby came a few minutes later. It was an extremely difficult and painful (physically and mentally) thing to go through. If I had do do it again, I would still choose natural. However, it is an extremely personal decision. Having been through what I have, I completely understand why some would choose D&C. There is no shame either way.

Please take utmost care of yourself. I'm glad your beautiful baby has given you comfort.

Edit:Clarification
    Aug '15 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Mean Girl from Film/TV: Lucille Bluth from Arrested Development

Married 3/31/2012
    Me: 29 DH: 30
    BFP #1 5.09.2014
    Natural MC 07.09.2014
    BFP #2 12.15.2014
    Stay With Me Precious Sticky Bean! I Love You!
                       BabyFruit Ticker
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    edited January 2015
    I Am so sorry. I basically miscarried naturally with my first pregnancy but the on call doctor decided to do a D and C. He said it would clean everything out and prevent infection. I have no complications from my procedure. When I went back to my regular doctor he said he never would of done one.
    It is emotional either way. Prayers for you!

Edited for skipped words
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sorry to hear. Take care of yourself.
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    edited January 2015
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  I chose a D&C last time because I wanted it over and I was scheduled to go out of town for work and was afraid it may happen when I was alone in a hotel.  Physically it was easy for me but it was expensive and there is a risk of causing scar tissue (though it is small).
    Hugs

ETA: there are threads about each option on the miscarriage/pregnancy loss board
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• I'm so sorry. Hug your child tight.

image    image

Harper Grace 08.31.12                        Sibling Expected 08.30.15

Aug 2015 - January Siggy Challenge - Fav mean girl from TV/Film

Ellie from CougarTown

• I am so sorry for your loss
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, take care of yourself
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.

There is a helpful thread on the miscarriage/pregnancy loss board. Posts with advice and personal experiences with NMC, D&C, and Cytotec. It may help with your decision. Or, at least, what to expect.
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12309228/advice-and-experience

((Hugs))

Me: 34; DH: 38; SD: 9
    TTC #1 since November 2013

BFP #1: 2/4/14--EDD 10/14/14--CP 2/8/14

BFP #2: 3/1/14--EDD 11/15/14--MMC at 12w6d (baby stopped developing at 11w4d)
    D&C 5/13/14; Retained Tissue Found: Cytotec 5/30/14; 2nd D&C 6/20/14

BFP #3: 12/13/14--EDD 8/27/15--MMC at 7 weeks (no fetal pole and measuring 1 1/2 weeks behind)--Cytotec 1/9/15

January 2015: Off to RE for RPL testing

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAugust 4

• So sorry for your loss.  I've had a chemical pregnancy and natural miscarriages at 7w (blighted ovum was only 4 wks along) and 8 weeks (baby stopped growing at 6 wks)...in all cases, my body was already doing the work so my doc only gave me some pain meds.  I don't know how far along you are but I know a lot of docs don't like natural m/c past 8 weeks.  Plus, you need to think about if you want genetic testing done.  It is a little upsetting to see the tissue you've passed in the toilet but what else can you do?  Take care of yourself, whatever you decide.

rainbowsSiggy picimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry.

BabyFruit Ticker image

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm so sorry. Snuggle that baby extra tight momma. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm in similar circumstances now too, but b/c this is my 2nd loss, I scheduled a D&C so we can have the material for genetic testing. It's a personal decision though; the 1st time I had a D&C as well b/c I couldn't fathom going thru a natural miscarriage while at work (I'm a nanny to 4kids). It was easier for me physically and emotionally. Good luck and positive thoughts for you.
    Me:40  DH:42
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC since 12/2013
    BFP #1: 3/22/2014 EDD 11/27/14; MMC/D&C 4/28/14
    BFP #2 : 11/27/2014 EDD 8/7/2015, MMC diagnosis 1/5/15, NMC 1/7/15...loss due to Trisomy 3 
    Benched pending RE test results
  • Sorry for your loss. I had a missed miscariage this summer and chose to have a D&C since my body had shown no signs of starting the process naturally. I was very afraid of the pain and having it start when I was at work or something. I also, personally, did not want to see the baby, although I know this provides closure for others. It's a difficult choice, but I was glad I chose the surgical procedure. Physical pain was minimal and recovery was quick. Best of luck.
  • With natural there is less chance of scarring, they both can be painful. I had a horribly painful natural miscarriage but my best friend had a d&c and she was miserable too. I wish you fast heeling and comfort. Sorry for the loss.
  • KencranKencran member
    edited January 2015
    Thank you so much ladies. Baby's growth is only showing about 6 weeks. I have had past miscarriages but they were more like chemical pregnancies I got a heavy period basically days after receiving a positive test and right around I would normally expect Aunt Flo. This has happened three times. Yes I am holding my children tight today they are my comfort during these difficult times. Thank you ladies for all your support.
  • I am so sorry for your loss :(
  • I am so terribly sorry to read this. I haven't been in the position to choose; I miscarried naturally. Had I known it was inevitable and been given a choice, I would've chosen a D&C. I was about 9 weeks. It was incredibly painful and lasted most of the day until I passed the baby. I would much prefer to get it over with and not deal with the physical pain, which made the emotional anguish even worse. Lots of love your way.

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• I am so sorry for your loss.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so very sorry for your loss.  Snuggle that LO of yours, I know that helps.
    When I had a MMC I was given Cytotec so I do not have any experience with a D&C. Take care of yourself sweetie.

BabyFruit Ticker

photo octoberangel.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I am very sorry for your loss.

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself. T&P sent your way.
  • Prayed for you, so very sorry for your loss.
  • So, so sorry. I don't have any advice but I hope you find peace with your decision.
    Birthmom to A, 1/8- the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao-Tzu

I had a D&E with my first pregnancy because it was the week before Thanksgiving, and I didn't want to be travelling and dealing with a natural miscarriage while away from the comfort of my own home.  Silly me.  I ended up having retained tissue that passed about a week after my D&E, so I basically still ended up doing the natural miscarriage thing away from the comfort of my own home.  That happens both ways though; I know a lot of people who miscarry naturally have retained tissue and need to have a D&C too.  I'll pray that it's only one or the other for you.

I will say that the actual surgery is no big deal.  It's quick.  The recovery is generally pretty easy.  The emotional stuff is easier for most with the surgery.  But with that said, it is surgery that has its own set of risks.  Personally I would suggest weighing the emotional aspect and physical pain of a natural miscarriage with the inherent risks of any surgery and the financial aspect of surgery and see which one is best for you.

((hugs)) and again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• I'm so so sorry that you're goin through this. As PPs have said it's a really personal choice, my mmc was at 12/13 weeks and baby stopped growing at 8. I opted to go natural more as a personal thing, I don't like surgery anesthesia or anything of the such. When it finally happened about a week later I bled with horrible horrible pain for about eight hours before I fainted. I woke up in the er and ended up having a d&c. After of course I thought I should have gone with the surgery to begin with. Whatever you decide I wish you well and a fast healthy recovery. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    8/17/12 Miscarriage at 9 weeks. Fetal Growth stopped 6w6d 2/15/13 Chemical pregnancy 8/21/13 BFP! MMC oct 8th measured 8w5d

<br/><a href="http://oi41.tinypic.com/evdel0.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>
  • Im so sorry for your loss :(
  • I am so sorry for your loss.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm so sorry.
  • I am so sorry for your loss. I chose to have a D&C with my second loss because I felt like it would be over sooner, thus more closure. I didn't have a great experience with my D&C however, though for most women there are no complications.
    Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been there (Oct 2014) and t's not easy. I found out the baby had stopped growing when I was about 8 weeks (had even seen a heart beat previously although low BPM) and decided to miscarry naturally. And I did at around 11 weeks. I'd heard really bad things about D&C's physically and emotionally and had heard the inducing pills were extremely painful. It takes a few extra weeks to miscarry naturally but I don't regret it. It gave me time to grieve and physically it was much like a more painful period. And you have to wear pads for a few weeks but 4 weeks after the miscarriage my body had a natural period and it's just amazing how the body bounces back! I wouldn't do it any other way. I advice patience with your body. Allow it to heal and your time will come again! Much love. Take your time to grieve and take care of yourself.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take care.
    Me: 29 ~ DH: 27
    Married: 04/25/14
    TTC #1 Since September 2014
    BFP 12.13.14 -- EDD 08.28.15

***Siggy Warning***

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm so sorry. Take care.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. with my miscarriage in September, I chose to take medicine to force labor. it was very difficult for me and physically and emotionally extremely painful. that being said, I don't think I would have chosen the D&C if given the chance again. I pray that you are able to heal well and know that there are ao many people that have you in their thoughts and prayers today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"