Working Moms

Not a fan of Doc McStuffins

2»

Re: Not a fan of Doc McStuffins

• I am with you on one facet of this - the pinkifying of....everything.  My girls had a set of pink and purple tinker toys.  My son plays with them and I have no issue with it, but I was annoyed that they existed in the first place.  Your line of thinking extends to all of these sorts of things - girls aren't architects - they build flowers, so cute (sarcasm).  The Barbie career series has similar flaws (hello it is Barbie, I know that....)....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just wanted to say that we started watching doc mcstuffins because of this thread. I wanted my 3 year-old son to see a show with a female lead. We went to see his first movie over the holidays (madagascar 4) and i noticed there was only one female character and it was a sexy owl! and he loves Doc. I think it's a good show.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Loading the player...
  • My daughter hasn't been interested in Doc McStuffins at all.  Honestly, I'm a little disappointed, because it's hard to find books, movies and tv shows with black female leads. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't agree that a profession would see a pay decrease because it is seen as more caring and feminine. Pay is determined by supply and demand - there's not a ton of people that went to medical school so doctors are well paid. If they are getting paid less there's either more doctors available or less openings for them. Nothing to do with gender.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"