August 2014 Moms

Transferring to crib - need support

2»

Re: Transferring to crib - need support

• Oh that's a good idea @dvmmomma‌! Then, she might think I am holding her anyways. I hope it works for you!! Keep me posted!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used a fluffy afghan, magic sleepsuit, and a thin pillow under one end of the mattress to give it a slight incline. She's been sleeping like this for over a week.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Loading the player...
  • Why must this baby like things that are not safe for her?! So, while I was still standing over her I placed her head on my pillow in her own bed. Bam! Asleep. No problems.

Obviously, I will not let her sleep like this throughout the night so I guess our sleep issues will continue.
  • dvmmomma said:

Joy1192 said:

dvmmomma said:

Joy1192 said:

dvmmomma said:

@joy1192, how are you doing? LO still only sleeping with you? Anyone else have updates? I should retitle this thread "let's all bitch about our sleeping woes...momma's with LO's who sleep in a crib all night long not invited" ;)

She still won't sleep on her own. I tried to let her FIO but it turns to screaming quickly. Her Zipadee Zip isn't even working anymore.

Someone teach me your ways.

Have you tried a Miracle Blanket? Might be taking a step back from the Zipadee Zip but it worked wonders for my LO for a while. Still works better than anything else. Also bouncing on a yoga ball has been a life saver for us and puts her to sleep. At least temporarily.
    I have thought about it but didn't know how it would compare. She absolutely hates to be swaddled or stuck in one position. I'm stuck because I can get her completely asleep but the second I lay her down she's awake and screaming. However, if I lay her on my bed completely asleep she will stay that way just fine.
    Your bed is more comfy! I've got DD currently sleeping on a thick blanket with a soft fleece thing on top of that. I rolled up the edges so she's sleeping in a little channel of sorts. I'm going to try to attach a picture. With her swaddled I don't worry about suffocation- she can't roll back to front yet. Granted this is night one of trying this so I have no idea if it'll work. But so far so good- she's been snoozing an hour and a half.

Man, I want to sleep in that.
  • Joy1192 said:

Why must this baby like things that are not safe for her?! So, while I was still standing over her I placed her head on my pillow in her own bed. Bam! Asleep. No problems.

Obviously, I will not let her sleep like this throughout the night so I guess our sleep issues will continue.

Same thing happened over here night 1. I strongly contemplated leaving her. I think she's strong enough that she'd be ok. But if anything ever happened and I caused it just because I wanted a few zzz's, Id never forgive myself. Damn babies
  • Last night was night 5 in crib and he finally slept through the whole night. Good thing I start back to school tomorrow. Best of luck to everyone
  • Good luck tonight @dvmmomma‌!! FX for a sleepy baby and full night of sleep!

My kid: still being a pain in the ass.
  • @Joy1192‌ noooooooo! It has to get better for you soon. Also someone told me the pain in the ass babies end up being super smart. So. There's that.
  • We just moved out the rnp too. Try laying lo on the side with a pillow on the back to keep from rolling over.
  • I'm trying the Magic Sleepsuit tonight. He can sleep well in the crib now but breaks out of the swaddle like 5 times a night. Unswaddled is still a nightmare with the flailing. If this suit doesn't work I don't know what I will do.

• @BeachM, keep us posted! I think those suits are so funny. I totally get it but I can only imagine that the kid inside is like "uhhh...really mom?!"

We made it 7:30p-6:30p last night with one 15 minute wake up to eat at 3. I'm more than happy to feed her after 6 hours because she's still just a peanut- hasn't doubled her birth weight yet and hangs in the 10-20th percentile for weight. So I am quite happy! And feel my sanity slowly...slowly...returning from actually getting some sleep again.
  • dvmmomma said:
    @BeachM, keep us posted! I think those suits are so funny. I totally get it but I can only imagine that the kid inside is like "uhhh...really mom?!"

Ha!  Totally. They look like little Stay-Puff marshmellow babies in them!
  • dvmmomma said:

@Joy1192‌ noooooooo! It has to get better for you soon. Also someone told me the pain in the ass babies end up being super smart. So. There's that.

I'm going to tell myself this over and over again. She's going to be a rocket scientist. She's going to be a doctor. She's going to be president.
  • Haha, yes, he looks ridiculous.  Ridiculous, but asleep at the moment.  Fingers crossed! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"