April 2014 Moms
Options

Saturday Random Chatter

If you drink a bit of your own breastmilk, does that constitute cannibalism?

Also, since I didn't get any ideas on it way back when in RTT: when a dog gets on an elevator do you think it knows it's changing floors, or does it go "Holy shit, the entire world just changed before my eyes!" when the doors open? XD

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell

Re: Saturday Random Chatter

• Options
    Chase has been up since 4. My boyfriend has zero patience at night and I'm tired of it. It's always me at night because he tries for 15 mins get chase more riled up and then goes and puts him in his crib wide awake thrashing around. I just got him back to sleep and it's 612 I have to leave for work in 18 mins. Today is going to suck I need a redo.
  • Options
    Thanks @mommyofmac‌ I really hope so.. If I don't go home to flowers and dinner made im checking myself into a hotel tonight ;) empty threat but I can dream right? Thanks @hvmom2b‌
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This cold is killing me. My chest hurts do bad. @chichi589 my DH can't do nights either, if he gets up then he's in the worst mood the next day and it's not worth it. I get up in the middle of the night and he's in charge of anything after 5:30am.
  • Options
    DH stayed up till three in the morning.  If he thinks this means he gets to sleep in until 10, he has another thing coming.

Also, somehow the cat got shut up in the linen closet last night.  He probably snuck in while I was pulling some things out and curled up on the towels.  Oops.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't understand why it's so hard for men to handle nights. Like I am just as tired as you but it's not the Chase's fault he's awake. Doesn't make sense I will never understand. Good thing he's good at days normally! @Tferr02‌ I like that system in starting that on my days off! @dani+california‌ thanks! I was of course late as per my norm so home brewed coffee it was. Waiting for Tim Hortons to open at work for a donut and breakfast sandwich!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    So I'm thinking about doomsday preppers for some reason, and I see them with huge stockpiles of food and toilet paper and things like that, but you wanna know what I don't see most of them with?

Salt.

Wars were fought in ancient times over salt. It has 2 of the 3 basic electrolytes the body needs to function (sodium and chlorine, the third is potassium). Maybe some of their homemade jars of food are really salty or something, but I find myself wondering what they're gonna do 6 months or more in without salt.

I need to go to sleep. Shut the hell up, brain! :angry:

ETA: I lied, there are two more basic electrolytes, magnesium and calcium. Dur.

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    I feel like I got hit by a truck! It came on super fast. I felt fine almost all day yesterday, and then at 5:30ish starts getting a sore throat and some ear pain, and by 9:30, it was like all out death. I hope this passes quickly! I did not envision spending my long weekend being miserable

Photobucket imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    chichi589 said:

I don't understand why it's so hard for men to handle nights. Like I am just as tired as you but it's not the Chase's fault he's awake. Doesn't make sense I will never understand.

I'm with you on that one-- i end up doing it myself cause it's not worth the fight... Maybe fueling the fire? Idk it works for now.
  • Options
    SO told me last night he is having workers come today to finish the baseboards and crown molding in our master bedroom and in the family room. Great right? NO! The place is a mess and everything has to be put away and moved from the walls so they can so their job. Think SO helped? Heck no! His response was he is paying for it and I'm home so I can handle it. Hmm with a baby to entertain as well? I wanted to throat punch him this morning.
  • Options
    embear22 said:

My Husband is also a hoarder. Soooo many old clothes he finally just relinquished some to donate. The rest I've folded and put on the closet shelves bec I want the space. I think his parents were slight hoarders, only organized one, because his mom just sent over a pack of colored pencils that were my H's in like t he 3rd grade for our 8 month old to have. They kep sending shit over and I'm like NOOOOOO.....

My in laws have sent DHs toys for DSS in the past - 5-6 BIG bins of Legos! Seriously?! And other boxes full of toys. We kept some of DHs favorites and donated the rest. In laws kept EVERYYHING.
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So.... I somehow got texted someone's personal yahoo messenger conversation at like 2am. A woman offering to show her tits and claiming to be drunk. Whaaaaat? How did that even happen? I don't have my number listed on yahoo.
  • Options
    Acers said:

We got my DH's childhood totes from his mom in June, and there was a bag of all of his baby teeth. Eeeeew!

Lol my parents saved all our baby teeth, first haircut and all of our casts. Yup I don't need the cast from when I broke my arm in kindergarten
  • Options
    Dixon813 said:

embear22 said:

My Husband is also a hoarder. Soooo many old clothes he finally just relinquished some to donate. The rest I've folded and put on the closet shelves bec I want the space. I think his parents were slight hoarders, only organized one, because his mom just sent over a pack of colored pencils that were my H's in like t he 3rd grade for our 8 month old to have. They kep sending shit over and I'm like NOOOOOO.....

My in laws have sent DHs toys for DSS in the past - 5-6 BIG bins of Legos! Seriously?! And other boxes full of toys. We kept some of DHs favorites and donated the rest. In laws kept EVERYYHING.
    Legos are expensive! I understand not wanting g everything, but I'm really happy we had a huge bin of DH'S lego because DS is obsessed with lego.
  • Options
    All of our gifts from MIL for Christmas were childhood things of my husbands...not even toys, just random mementos.

Heading back to WV from FL right now. Longest drive ever!
  • Options
    hlm184 said:

Dixon813 said:

embear22 said:

We just got DH's kid stuff from the ILs.  I figured it'd be like, a few bins of stuff.  Nope.  It filled up our freaking 6x12 trailer!!

Also, funny pic:

We've been paying for a storage unit for upwards of 4 years now. Guess what's in it... All of DH's "treasures" from childhood. I guarantee the contents of that storage locker aren't worth nearly as much as the rent we paid for 4 years.

"Oh Eli, there's a sanctity in your innocence. A certain beauty and no uncertain strength that brings me to the faith. I don't know if I am climbing to or falling in, but it comes like grace from your tiny hands when I hold you in mine." - Eli's Song

• Options
    Jessimax said:

Dixon813 said:

embear22 said:

Legos are expensive! I understand not wanting g everything, but I'm really happy we had a huge bin of DH'S lego because DS is obsessed with lego.
    They are expensive but the amount they saved is crazy!! (Plus DSS still gets new sets...)
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    snowbound said:
    So.... I somehow got texted someone's personal yahoo messenger conversation at like 2am. A woman offering to show her tits and claiming to be drunk. Whaaaaat? How did that even happen? I don't have my number listed on yahoo.
    I just got something similar.

Yes, random person, show me your tits. 
    :(|)
  • Options
    that frowny face was supposed to be a monkey face!  This site is really going down hill!
  • Options
    Christmas is coming down today and there's stuff everywhere. We're packing it up so the mice don't get into it again in the shed.

LO went down for his naps really easily today, fingers crossed that bedtime is the same!
  • Options
    embear22 said:

Holy crap!! The past couple of weeks my kiddos has been standing up and balancing on her own for a few seconds. I was sitting on the floor and she pushed off the couch and took a step towards me! She fell down immediately but I think she may be an early walker. Jesus. I am not ready.

I just noticed mine doing this today too. He's starting to get brave and test out his balance.
  • Options
    Babies shouldn't have egg whites, right? How are the BLW moms giving your baby eggs? I was going to boil them and just give her the yolk. :-/
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options

Babies shouldn't have egg whites, right? How are the BLW moms giving your baby eggs? I was going to boil them and just give her the yolk. :-/

Anytime I make scrambled eggs I give him some. He shoves handfuls in his mouth, good times. No clue about the whites/yolk rule
  • Options

Anytime I make scrambled eggs I give him some. He shoves handfuls in his mouth, good times. No clue about the whites/yolk rule
    Same. I make scrambled eggs the way I normally do, egg whites included. He loves them!
  • Options
    Oh okay! Darn! I made myself scrambled. Wish I would've done the same for her now.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    embear22 said:

Holy crap!! The past couple of weeks my kiddos has been standing up and balancing on her own for a few seconds. I was sitting on the floor and she pushed off the couch and took a step towards me! She fell down immediately but I think she may be an early walker. Jesus. I am not ready.

Dylan has been testing his balance in his own for quite some time. Today he took a quick step too.
  • Options
    I can't believe all these babies that are pulling up and standing on their own! My LO is only doing a dead man's crawl everywhere. He's pretty efficient so he has no motivation to get up on his knees, lol. He's just letting his arms do all the work. Anyway, I can't even imagine him pulling up!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Options
    Wow so many brave babies!! DD still doesn't crawl. She just cries on her tummy until she rolls to her back and scoots backwards that way. Now she rubbing out all her hair again!
    Me = 28
    DH = 29
    Multiple loss mama
    Rylie: Born 04.2014
    Haley: Born 07.2017
    Emily: Born 08.2019

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"