edited January 2015 in May 2015 Moms

Baby girl name help! Thank you! 114 votes

Emerson Grace
39% 45 votes
Emery Grace
60% 69 votes

Re: Baby girl name help! Thank you!

• Options
    Thanks. I love Emery, but Emerson is definitely in the lead on all the other boards. Emily or Emma are ridiculously common.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Some people prefer Emery spelled Emerie or Emory, but I think I like Emery best.
  • Options
    Both are cute names IMO but emery grace seems to flow better.
  • Options
    No offense taken. I just hate dainty girl names and want something different. IMO, Emery is extremely feminine even if it is originally a masculine name
  • Options
    Emmerson is on my boys list. .........
    Anniversary
    TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    BFP 8/27/14  EDD 5/9/2015 9/25/2014 ITS TWINS!!! <3<3 
    12/25/14 twin boys <3

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I wanted to vote, but I really don't like either of those for a girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I dislike both of them for a girl. There are a lot of good strong girl names- I recommend asking the Baby Names board for suggestions if you get stuck. Is it important that it start with the letter E?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Of the two I think Emery is better, but I don't love either. I also like some traditional male names for girls (Quinn, Blair) and am still considering them, but I think Emerson is too uncommon as a girl's name.

I also agree with you that Emily and Emma are too common, what about Emmeline?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry, I don't really like either one either
    And is it just me or does Emery sound like someone saying Emily who can't pronounce L's?
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Emery or Emerson it is :) I prefer to steer away from names that everyone likes. Unique is key :)
  • Options
    Unique=being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else. I'd say that's pretty unique if it's down that far on the list. I don't want multiple children in my child's class with the same name. Anyway, it doesn't matter what anyone likes, but us. Just thought I'd ask for some help between the 2 options because we love both!
  • Options
    They're not my cup of tea, but If I had to choose, I'd choose Emery. People will no doubt shorten it to Emmie or Em anyway :)
  • Options
    Yeah we're going with Emmy/Emmie for a nickname. Thanks
  • Options
    Maddox Jacob was our boy name, but no boy this time around.
  • Options
    I don't like either for a girl.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Me (34) PCOS

DH (36) Poor morphology and motility

TTC since 2011

2013 cycles 1, 2, and 3 on Clomid, all BFN

2013 cycles 4, and 5 IUI with Clomid, both BFN

DH and I took a break for several months

7/15/2014 started Acupuncture 

7/26/2014 start Follistim for IVF cycle, ER on 8/8, develop OHSS, ET almost cancelled

8/13/2014 ET proceeds on our wedding anniversary, transfer 2 5DB, 8/23 BFP

EDD 5/1/2015

• Options
    bocka89 said:
    Unique=being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else. I'd say that's pretty unique if it's down that far on the list. I don't want multiple children in my child's class with the same name. Anyway, it doesn't matter what anyone likes, but us. Just thought I'd ask for some help between the 2 options because we love both!
    Actually, it's pretty likely that at some point your daughter will be in the same class with a boy named Emerson.  If you don't mind that, great, but if that's your reasoning then remember that it's only super unique as a girl's name.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    True, but I read 2/3rds of all Emersons are now female. But I get it that it's a unisex name. A lot of people do Emersyn with a "y" for a girl, but I think I like the traditional spelling.
  • Options
    ^ Same, I don't know any males with the name Emerson personally.
  • Options
    Possibly, that's ok though.
  • Options
    bocka89bocka89 member
    edited January 2015
    My name is Ashley and that is traditionally a boy's name. I actually went to high school with 2 male Ashleys but it didn't bother me.
  • Options
    I also liked Hadley Grace and Ellison Grace, but her daddy vetoed those.
  • Options
    Ashley is so commonly used now as a girl's name, though, that it's kind of weird to use it as a boy's name.  So it's not exactly the same situation.  TETO though!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    You could name her Emerson and call her Emery. Best of both worlds.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree, Ashley is definitely more of a girl's name at this point. I think Emerson falls in line with Addison, Madison, etc. They end with the male "son of" but are moving to more of a female name these days.
  • Options
    It's a poll! You pick one or the other. I didn't ask for advice/comments. We need help picking a name out of the TWO. Sure you have a right to share your opinion and that's fine, I'm not offended. I haven't even chosen a name. I just want to know one or the other. Thanks again.
  • Options
    Yes it is- the poll shows 63% Emery and 36% Emerson...so I got what I needed.
  • Options
    Never heard of a boy Emerson or Emery, but again that's fine. They are unisex. Just wanted to know one or the other, not being rude.
  • Options
    And thank you very much to the people who picked, I appreciate it! :)
  • Options
    Look it up. They are unisex names like Cameron, Ryan, Jamie, etc. I get that you may not like the names I picked, but it's my daughter not yours. I probably think your kid's names are unattractive, but that doesn't matter. It's YOUR child's name. Just click one on the poll if you want to respond, that's all I needed.
  • Options
    And how does a poll turn into a debate? There is no debate. It's just a choice between two options.
  • Options
    You don't vote if you pick neither, that's the whole point. True, I made up my mind between two choices. I wanted support in picking the final name. Thanks for all the support, I'm not here to argue over a baby's name.
  • Options
    Like I said, I like some names that are traditionally male but commonly female. I don't think Emerson qualifies, Emery is better in that regard. I don't think some of your other examples do either really. The point for me though isn't the traditional or background of the name, but will it be a pain for your daughter? Obviously it's your choice, but please consider that your daughter has to live with it, not you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ok not reading any more posts, it's just a waste of my time and yours. Have a good night. I posted the same names on Facebook and everyone LOVED them for a girl, which is why it's an opinion. Happy New Year all!
  • Options

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    I see Emerson for a girl all over Pinterest and blogs. It will be the next "Jaxon."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"