February 2015 Moms
Options

Birth Control Post Partum

2»

Re: Birth Control Post Partum

• Options
    I plan to go with a copper IUD after DD is born. I hated how hormonal BC (various versions of the pill) affected my mood and killed my libido, so I never plan to use hormonal BC again. Since we plan for DD to be our last child, I want the IUD for a while before we do anything permanent. Then, once we are sure no more kids are in our future, DH will get a vasectomy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

For all of you who have hubby's that are getting snipped was it their idea or did you influence it? I want my hubby to get it done but he's very against it!

Explain to him that it is a major sugery with general anesthesia for a woman and for a man it is an office procedure and a couple of days with some frozen peas.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is DH first baby and my 3rd. He's on board to get snipped, since we know 3 is just right for us. I told him that if I end up in csec, I'll have my tubes tied and he still wants to get snipped, "to be damn sure we are done at 3!" If I'd let him, he'd get snipped today. I'm making him wait until I've recovered.
  • Options
    Hormonal bc is awful. I'm actually not sure. I'm 39 so I thought my fertility would decline with age, but sweetpea is due to arrive when DS4 is only 18 months old. There goes that theory!

Idk. DH refuses to get snipped for religious reasons and I respect that, and we already have a pile of kids. At this point, I'm kind of wondering how many more times I could really get pregnant before menopause. I mean--I'm old. ??
  • Options
    I'm having my third c-section and I'm getting my tubes removed.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've talked to my doctor about this and have been having an ongoing discussion with my hubby about it. So far, I'm leaning towards the mini pill since I plan to breastfeed. IUDs scare me and the hospital I will be giving birth at try to push the depo shot once you give birth, but my sister got pregnant with two or three of kids while on it. We would like to have more at some point, so either pull out method or mini pill for me. I have PCOS and only had about two periods a year from the time I first got it at fifteen till a few days after my 23 birthday when it magically righted itself. So, we will have to see.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Condoms. We aren't planning to have another one for 5 years. I hate how I feel on BC pills. Condoms worked the first 5 years, so I think we'll be alright for the next 5.

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??

• Options
    I think I'm going to get the copper IUD. DH hates condoms and I hate hormonal BC. So hopefully that works out okay. I feel like everyone "knows somebody who knows somebody" who had a bad experience with an IUD.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @chickyclg Hoping for the best for you guys! >:D<
  • Options
    HUbby is getting snipped and I cant remember whose idea it was but he isnt opposed and he doesnt want more than two kids.  We'll wait till this spring/summer when Im hopefully all healed and he can have some time to heal (and whine :))
  • Options
    I am having my third cs, and plan on getting my tubes tied! Every appointment by doctor makes sure that I am sure we don't want to go for a fourth!!
  • Options
    I'm only 23 & DBF is 25, so this definitely won't be our last LO ( I would like 5-6 if I have it my way). We'll probably continue to use condoms & the withdrawal method. I think he pretty much plans to keep me knocked up for as many kids as we can afford. ;) I have debated talking to my Obgyn about other forms of the pill, I took the planned parenthood kind & had a bad reaction to it...I'm not against the pill, or hormonal BC, but my body image issues are better when I'm not on any form of BC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"