July 2015 Moms
Options

Champagne tonight?

A glass, not the whole bottle, obviously

Re: Champagne tonight?

• Options
    I would if I liked champagne, but I don't! :)
    Me - 26 
    DH - 27

TTC #1 since July 2014
    BFP! Oct 18, EDD July 2, 2015

It's a GIRL!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    If H opens a bottle I'll have a glass.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd been considering it, but since I'm sick, I will be sticking with cough medicine tonight.
  • Options
    I'll have a sip, but DH got me some sparkling juice that I'll toast with. I'm still so nauseous that I don't have much of an appetite for anything other than juice anyway.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I bought sparkling cider and am hoping to switch out my glass for a kids glass.
  • Options
    Was planning on a glass at dinner, but my husbands friends canceled due to flu symptoms that he was afraid to share with me! Idk now
  • Options
    I'll have a sip, but DH got me some sparkling juice that I'll toast with. I'm still so nauseous that I don't have much of an appetite for anything other than juice anyway.
    This.  I'll be mostly drinking sparkling cider, too.
  • Options
    I just realized it's New Year's Eve and I actually have sparkling red and white grape juice, which I LOVE, in the refrigerator. I wouldn't have a glass of champagne though, only because it's just DH and I and I would hate to waste the bottle for a little taste at midnight!
    image image 

• Options
    I've got a complete aversion to alcohol these days.  Besides, I'm not sure I'll make it past 10:00.

Married - April 2014  |  Miscarriage - June 2014
    BFP - Oct 2014 - was scheduled for IVF, but discovered we did it naturally instead! - first baby!  EDD July 8

image  image
  • Options
    None for me.  I love champagne, but (1) it's a little too early for me to be comfortable with it (2) my nausea peaks at night and I throw up every single night so I doubt I'd even want any when the time came and (3) DH doesn't drink so there is no way I would open a whole bottle of champagne just so I could have a few sips. 

Maybe on Valentine's Day if I'm feeling better and we go out, I would have a half glass then. Sigh.  I miss champagne.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    I will probably have a fingerful glass of wine...that's about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nope, we don't have any. We are staying home tonight and DH will probably have a glass of wine and I'll have sparkling blueberry juice, courtesy of Trader Joes.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    dnjmommy said:

None for me. I'm staying home with kids tonight and we are doing a milk and cookies toast at midnight.

Good idea! I might steal this :)
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • Options
    I'll be sticking with sparkling cider. Or Pellegrino water and juice.
  • Options
    I might have a sip at midnight but also bought some cherry juice and seltzer to make a mocktails for me.
  • Options
    We are going to a nice dinner tonight so I plan of having a glass of good wine or some champs!
  • Options
    None for me. We're staying in tonight, but I'm usually not a huge champagne drinker anyways. I bought some yummy pomegranate sparking cider from Trader Joe's that I will be indulging in! 
     TTC #1 since January 2014
    BFP #1 03/16/14 EDD 11/28/14 :: MMC Monochorionic Twins 05/09/14 @ 11 weeks
    BFP #2 09/15/14 EDD 05/29/14 :: CP 09/22/14
    BFP #3 10/24/14 :: EDD 06/29/15 *Praying for my RAINBOW!!*

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We're going to a potluck at a friend's house and I'll be rolling in hard with two bottles of Martinelli's sparkling cider. (Hopefully, this won't set off any bells because I'm a weirdo who drinks cider often, anyway!)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ehhh, I'm in second tri now, so I considered it. But, I think I'll be staying home with DD tonight while DH goes out. If thats the case, i fully plan on beinf asleep by 9:30. So probably not.

• Options
    Yup I'll have a glass, Ill be at work and Moet will be everywhere.
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options
    None for me. I totally would if I didn't fear judgement from my hubby who us not educated on the fact that a little is ok. So since he's not cool with it I would uncomfortable doing so.
  • Options
    Totally would if I wasn't so nauseous. Happy New Year everyone!
  • Options
    Ha--I can't totally relate to those of you aren't going to be able to stay up til midnight! Fortunately, my office closes early today so I'll be able to fit in a good nap before going out, which will hopefully work to keep me awake until then. I've been debating whether or not to have a glass, but my hubby planned a nice dinner out to celebrate the end of a crappy year and the beginning of an exciting one, so I think that the special occasion is worth the indulgence.
  • Options
    I'll be in bed as soon as my toddler will allow, fingers always crossed it's before 9! But cheers to all those who stay up and celebrate.
    June 2012 Mom (2.5 yr old boy), July 2015 Mom (team green), Babywearing newbie/enthusiast
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Nope, we don't have any. We are staying home tonight and DH will probably have a glass of wine and I'll have sparkling blueberry juice, courtesy of Trader Joes.

Sparkling blueberry sounds awesome!
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had 1/4 of a glass when visiting with family and celebrating the holidays/new baby. I probably won't have any tonight because we don't have any at home. I may have a glass of non-alcoholic beer.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

http://media.giphy.com/media/itcEfP0RuRfQk/giphy.gif
    July '15 January Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Fun

• Options
    I don't think I could handle champagne right now. Maybe we'll have milkshakes instead. But probably much earlier because midnight is way too late!
  • Options
    No champagne, still in 1st tri.  But I might get a fancy mocktail at our Melting Pot date, especially since I still haven't heard my GD results yet which makes me think I actually passed this time!!
    July '15 January Siggy - snow fails
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Nope, sticking w some sparking apple juice (delish). I'm a worrier and a little type a so I'm pretty set on following all of the rules to the t. If something sbould go wrong I would be the kind to perseverate on if I did something too cause it. I realize I'm over the top a tad, but I don't judge those who make choices different than mine and hope that people don't judge me too much for mine.
  • Options
    I had planned to toast with some cider we got on a recent trip to the Finger Lakes (where baby was conceived actually!), been saving it for a good night but then BFP came unexpected!

But I don't know that I'll feel up to it, we'll see how the non alcoholic sparkling cider does first. I'm also second guessing if it's ok to drink a glass yet...I KNOW it is, but I still worry.
  • Options

Yum, that sounds amazing. That's what I want.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I will definitely pop a bottle of cranberry apple sparkling cider tonight & sharing with my kiddos! :x I tried a sip of my hubby's beer last week and I couldn't stomach it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"