March 2015 Moms
Options

Beverly Hills, that's where I want to be (Tuesday Random)

Re: Beverly Hills, that's where I want to be (Tuesday Random)

• Options
    lynndavid6912lynndavid6912 member
    edited December 2014
    @DragonflyDreaming‌ , breast milk pretty much cures everything. I can't remember if I used it on DD's diaper rash. Probably because I couldn't figure out the logistics and didn't want to take time to warm up pumped milk. I did squirt her in the eye a couple times when she got gunky.

@peeppeeppeep‌ , I got a massage before Christmas. It wasn't specifically prenatal, but was called a hydro-therm something or other. I basically laid on pillows of warm water. The relaxation was really nice, but I was kinda meh about the overall massage.

Edit- and Happy birthday!!
    For Suzy and our M15 Loss Moms
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @peeppeeppeep Happy Birthday!
  • Options
    @saltyfins FYI and to piggyback on what I said earlier: I just looked up the law in my state, and it is a Class B misdemeanor if they do NOT apply the ointment within 2 hours after the baby is born. You might google it. I typed in "texas law on antibiotic ointment at birth"
  • Options
  • Options
    @peledreamsofrain God luck at your appointment!

I'm on day 10 of this cold. I thought I was getting better, but the past two days the cough has gotten worse. I'm going to the doctor this afternoon and hoping for some relief. If nothing else I'll have the next two days off for the holiday and I'm hoping for tons of rest.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MC: 2/19/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Happy birthday @peeppeeppeep‌ <:-P

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @jennypm the more I hear about your xh the more I hate him, and I've never even met him! Ugh, I'm sorry you're having to go through all of this right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @peeppeeppeep‌ happy birthday! <:-P
  • Options
    jnowosielski I am with you. When people are working at the house I have no idea what to do with myself. It feels so awkward. Do I offer them a beverage? Do I leave them alone? Should I ask questions? I have no clue. 
  • Options
  • Options
    So during the glucose drink, baby girl started jumping around in there like CRAZY. Like making me laugh out loud in the waiting room before I had even finished the drink! Hehe. That happen to anyone else?

I'm so hungry. Planning out my meal, I think I want firehouse sub. I really want chipotle but last time I had it, I had a bad upset stomach for 2 days so I'm thinking I should avoid that.
  • Options

So during the glucose drink, baby girl started jumping around in there like CRAZY. Like making me laugh out loud in the waiting room before I had even finished the drink! Hehe. That happen to anyone else?

I'm so hungry. Planning out my meal, I think I want firehouse sub. I really want chipotle but last time I had it, I had a bad upset stomach for 2 days so I'm thinking I should avoid that.

Yup! My H was with me and I just kept saying oh my goooosh!! Baby was going crazy in there.
  • Options
    I am emerging from stomach bug hell. It started Sunday night and lasted almost all day yesterday. H had it too. I called my Dr and she called in a prescription for Zofran. Luckily, it helped, otherwise I would have had to go the ER. Today, I'm keeping down fluids and trying to rehydrate. I hope to never go through that again.

• Options
    @WinningColors‌ ugh to the stomach flu. Take care of yourself and keep up with your fluids!
    Thank you! I was scared to death of getting too dehydrated and having contractions. So far, so good. LO has been having a dance party in there so that has been reassuring. 

• Options
    @winningcolors hope you start feeling better soon!
    @chilibeansm0m Sorry about dd. Hope she gets better soon, and that you avoid the cold!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    bmstee03 said:

jnowosielski I am with you. When people are working at the house I have no idea what to do with myself. It feels so awkward. Do I offer them a beverage? Do I leave them alone? Should I ask questions? I have no clue. 

I feel like I should be working too. But they are in almost every room of the house painting trim so I'm stuck in the kitchen on my phone the whole time like a weirdo.

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lisap0924 said:
    Driving by but wanted to add I am going through the 3 huge bins of baby clothes from when my SS was a baby. So cute and fun!! I am a FTM but I'm ok with my baby having some hand me downs from his big brother :)
    Hand-me-downs are awesome. I got 2 boxes of baby boy clothes from a coworker and every single piece is in really good condition.
  • Options
    Heyy ladys. Havent been on in a couple of days. Had the flu that turned in to pneumonia that turned in to a sever sinus infection that caused a sinus toothache..i have never been so sick in my life. But im almost back to normal, thank god. My 5 year old finally slept in his own room last night. My room feels so empty with one bed missing.
    But finally got our babys name picked out yay!! :D Xiemena Luz. I just hope the name fits her. I guess we'll see when she gets here.

@peeppeeppeep‌ HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
  • Options
    kcbizme said:

lisap0924 said:

Driving by but wanted to add I am going through the 3 huge bins of baby clothes from when my SS was a baby. So cute and fun!!
    I am a FTM but I'm ok with my baby having some hand me downs from his big brother :)

Hand-me-downs are awesome. I got 2 boxes of baby boy clothes from a coworker and every single piece is in really good condition.

Most stuff I am going through is in great condition too! And in a variety of sizes!
    My H was a smart man saving all this stuff!
    We have baby gates and a swing and other various baby items in the attic also :)
    I took out all the clothes items I loved and I'll wash them and put them away, but all the other stuff will still be on standby-just incase! ;)

Married the love of my life: 5-17-14

BFP:6-27-14

EDD:3-11-15

Step Mom to Z: 4-11-06

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

• Options
    Is it wrong of me to be tempted to post in the birth announcement thread just because of all the warnings not to @chaysefaith‌?

God I'm bored. Sorry.

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had a piece of Lemon Meringue Pie for lunch, and holy shiznit it was delicious. No regrets :)
  • Options
    Ugh my MIL just texted all of us saying she "decided to have dinner with everyone on New Year's Eve so we can celebrate Christmas with SIL family since they were sick on Christmas"

Ummm we have plans on New Year's Eve with friends. We always do. And now she's gonna get butt hurt that we can't go. Too bad lady, we're adults and you can't just round us all up whenever you want. We have lives.
  • Options
    Oh and we're at the repair shop getting all new tires, oil change and spark plugs for H car. Fucking sweet. I love being an adult!!!1!1!1!! Bye bye $600
  • Options
    My insurance has been calling me once a week for the past 4 weeks bc I'm 'high risk'. This weeks phone call, the lady told me I'd have to stay in the hospital for 4 days instead of 3. Not sure when that changed?!
  • Options
    @happymamax2‌ wtf? I'd be livid if she was inviting people to my house. It's bad enough she's trying to tell us what we're doing that day
  • Options
    Caught up finally! Heyyy M15. I'm so glad tomorrow is Wednesday and that this was another short week. The holidays made everything so crazy and jam packed and this weekend we are actually going to have some just our family time and do some work on the renovations upstairs. Yay for another long weekend with K home!

Baby boy is not being very mobile today. I've been doing spinning babies inversions but think he is still breech. I'm going to try a chiro soon.

• Options

janda426 said:

Ugh my MIL just texted all of us saying she "decided to have dinner with everyone on New Year's Eve so we can celebrate Christmas with SIL family since they were sick on Christmas"

Ummm we have plans on New Year's Eve with friends. We always do. And now she's gonna get butt hurt that we can't go. Too bad lady, we're adults and you can't just round us all up whenever you want. We have lives.

My MIL invited my BIL and SIL & their kids to sleepover at our place on NYE and then we all go together to my MIL on NYD. Um sorry lady, but no. I told my H to tell them we have plans on NYE just bc I don't want to entertain them lol.
    ....Uh...she invited people to sleep over YOUR house??????
  • Options
    saltyfins said:

@saltyfins agree with what @wamom said and if you're having a boy and plan on circumcising, I definitely wouldn't pass on the Vit K shot.

Unfortunately I'm still undecided on circumcision. It's killing me but I just don't know what to do. H seems to be ok either way. I feel sick every time I think about it because I just don't know what to do. Ugggghhhhh.
    -end quote-

Same. I keep putting off thinking about it but obviously I'm running out of time...
  • Options

@jennypm - sorry the xh is being such a d-bag. :(

@megaugust10‌ - my aunts and cousin are quilters and they made me a gorgeous quilt for LO. Homemade blankets are the best gifts!

aw - it's my birthday today! My age rhymes with "dirty plate"and I am so grateful to be pregnant! I don't mind getting older and life continues to get better, but the last few birthdays were bittersweet, dealing with infertility and age.

I am at the spa waiting for my pedicure to dry. I've been trying to get my toes did for the last six weeks. So happy! I got a gingerbread latte this morning and am going out for dinner with dh tonight. Haven't decided on Belgian, Indonesian, or Italian food yet.

Question - anyone had any pregnancy massages yet? How was it? I like massages but am not sure what to expect with a pregnancy one. I don't have any particular aches and pains yet, so this would be just for relaxation. Treat yo' self!

I had a prenatal massage this past weekend. It was alright. I dont't know... just not the same when you have to lay on your side and hug a body pillow the entire time.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 28 | SO: 28
    BFP: July 22, 2014 | EDD: March 28, 2015
    For Suzy and all M15 Loss Moms
  • Options

Soooooo I went to check the mail and therr was a handwritten letter in my mail box to my maiden name, a little off on the apt number but to me. From someone I do not know. It is a letter about the word of God. Dh thinks I'm being silly but I'm creeped the fuck out. What the fuck?

That is entirely too creepy.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    So, i just found out that my OB might not be delivering at the hospital I planned to deliver at. (Via FB group I'm in). Pretty frustrating he'd decide to suddenly stop going to the one hospital. I have an appointment next Monday, and will be able to find out if this is true. But assuming it is, I will be over 31 weeks and trying to find my 3rd OB.

And yes, the hospital is more important to me than the ob, due to the policies and practices of the hospitals I have to pick from.

Pretty frustrated, at this point, even though it hasn't been confirmed yet.
  • Options
    @DragonflyDreaming‌ that's awful! :(

I hope it all turns out well. Hopefully your OB will honor current commitments.
  • Options
    PHNJennaPHNJenna member
    edited December 2014
    @peeppeeppeep‌ Happy Birthday!

Well, I weighed myself today and am at what my goal weight for the entire pregnancy was. It's not too big of a deal, and Ive seen it coming for a couple weeks now, but I was just hoping to stay at or below the goal since prepregnancy I was already significantly overweight.... Such is life.
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since March 2014
    BFP 6/23/2014
    EDD: 3/3/2015 BOY! Connor James

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @DragonflyDreaming‌ I'm sending good vibes your way. Hope it works out!
  • Options
    @lawsonellis‌ Glad everything was OK!

@DragonflyDreaming‌ sending good vibes. Hope your OB is still delivering at the hospital you chose.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"