Military Families
Options

chief selectee?

Hi,

So DH is a chief selectee and I have an idea of what it will be like but he is already gone +12 hours after the first day. I'm glad he is here (a deployment got canx/delayed for him) but I get a feeling I wont see him much. Any tips?

I'm 14 weeks and just starting to feel not sick and tired all the time...I hope it lasts til when I can see him again!

Re: chief selectee?

• Options
    I will PM you later this evening, when DD goes to sleep and I can sit on the laptop, vs the iPad. Chiefs' lives ARE different and that makes out lives different.
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    Not sure what a chief selectee is and not sure of your exact question.  All I can say is whatever job your DH is doing in the military it will likely be that you won't see him much during certain times.  My advice is to make the most of the time you do have together but be sure you get out and make plans of your own and not wait around for him to come home.  Making friends with other spouses, volunteering, taking classes and finding a hobby or activity you enjoy are all good ways to pass the time while he's working.  Also, feeling good should last through the 2nd trimester at least, hopefully!
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

SaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

For now just expect not to see him up until the day he gets pinned, and then that day he will probably just go to sleep after the ceremony. Maybe ask him to take leave/vacation for a few days after so that he can relax a little bit.

You will have your up and down days I was pregnant when DH got selected as well, I just kept myself busy with work, going to the gym, looking at baby things and friends.

Photobucket
  • Options

YGPM. 

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    Mine just made 2nd - but I wanted to say congrats to you and your family!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"