April 2014 Moms

Monday mayhem chatter

2»

Re: Monday mayhem chatter

• I hate waiting rooms. Sitting here waiting for my scan and I'm about to jump out of my skin. It's really busy, which doesn't help my anxiety at all because I feel like we will be waiting forever.

Hope they call you babk quickly and the scan goes well!
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I hate waiting rooms. Sitting here waiting for my scan and I'm about to jump out of my skin. It's really busy, which doesn't help my anxiety at all because I feel like we will be waiting forever.

Good luck!!! Hope it is quick and all your anxiety is soon put to rest :)
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• LizChad09 said:

A really good friend of ours had her baby this AM. Her DH posted it on Instagram and 4 hours later sent us a text. Kinda hurt my feelings a bit, esp since they were the first ppl we told about Savannah (right after family). I am pretty sure we were an after thought. Moments like these are when I think social media is ruining society.

Please don't read too much into this. Remember how crazy things were in the hospital those first few hours? My DH posted a bunch of pics to Facebook about an hour after delivery and for some reason a pic of my stepdad holding LO didn't post. Stepdad thought it was left out on purpose and his feelings were hurt. It could have been an innocent mistake on your friends part.
    I'm sure it was. She had a CS and while she was recovering he was sending out texts (my guess anyway) and when she became more aware and less in a daze she asked if he text us (again all a guess, but prob true). I'm excited Savannah will have a friend close in age.

My social media comment is based on more than just this. In general I feel like ppl have more conversations with their fingers on cell screens than they do in person. I think if we (society as a whole) aren't careful we are going to lose all forms of human contact. This might be a UO...
  • I ate an illegal amount of chocolate today. Ah!! I'll never get rid of this muffin top. :(
  • Twirple said:

I brought a salad in for my lunch today...ended up going to Dairy Queen instead.

Damn. I could go for cheese burger right now
  • My brothers ex fiancée who cheated on him while she was in Afghanistan after being together for 5 years and engaged for less than one just bought a new puppy with her new boyfriend of a month.. to add to her other 2 dogs who are aging and probably can't handle a puppy around.
    Girl just can't get her shit together. [-(
  • @juniper75‌ being able to talk without fighting is HUGE/ that is good news.

I hope your BFF can come over/ girls night!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @MrsStanton87‌ I would say it's just teething if he's not showing any other signs, don't worry yourself.

• @ambarnett1 I had a similar scare on my anatomy scan for LO. It took forever and she kept measuring the same things over and over. I was terrified but it turned out her machine was acting up.
  • Ahh thanks girls. Yes he's very engaged and hitting milestones and is a very clever and funny boy! I thought maybe it had to do with chapped lips too because he has such a nasty cold. You're the best! *stepping away from Google*
    DD does it when we are preparing food
  • Uuuuuugh.. starting to get paranoid about Edolie's cold. Yesterday and today her cheeks have seemed a little red, like they're chapped or something, not a full on, all over redness. For the past few days it seems like she's been getting the chills frequently. I thought it was cute at first, but she's been doing it so often that it's starting to worry me! No fever, and other than the chills and cheek redness, it just seems like all the other colds she's had - drainage, runny nose when sitting up, coughing when lying down.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • @edoliesmom‌ chase's cheeks get super red and chapped when he's teething really bad. Hope your beauty feels better soon!
  • chichi589 said:

@edoliesmom‌ chase's cheeks get super red and chapped when he's teething really bad. Hope your beauty feels better soon!

After a quick Google search about shivers, I think she probably just does it when/after she pees, which is hilarious. The red cheeks though - I think you may be right, which leads me to my next question:
    Can they still have "teething symptoms" of their teeth have broken through? Edolie's 2 bottom teeth are through the gums completely, but she seems miserable! It's like ibuprofen doesn't even help her because she's still fussy and wants to bite down hard on everything.

• @mamrotu73‌ I've looked all over her gums and can't tell which ones are trying to come in though! I think that's probably the case too, but I'm just at a loss. Her top gums don't seem swollen at all.

• Uuuuuugh.. starting to get paranoid about Edolie's cold. Yesterday and today her cheeks have seemed a little red, like they're chapped or something, not a full on, all over redness. For the past few days it seems like she's been getting the chills frequently. I thought it was cute at first, but she's been doing it so often that it's starting to worry me! No fever, and other than the chills and cheek redness, it just seems like all the other colds she's had - drainage, runny nose when sitting up, coughing when lying down.

I know I am Floridan and all, but it cold and damp here in Houston. Maybe it's just the weather, plus her cold.
  • LizChad09 said:

Uuuuuugh.. starting to get paranoid about Edolie's cold. Yesterday and today her cheeks have seemed a little red, like they're chapped or something, not a full on, all over redness. For the past few days it seems like she's been getting the chills frequently. I thought it was cute at first, but she's been doing it so often that it's starting to worry me! No fever, and other than the chills and cheek redness, it just seems like all the other colds she's had - drainage, runny nose when sitting up, coughing when lying down.

I know I am Floridan and all, but it cold and damp here in Houston. Maybe it's just the weather, plus her cold.
    I didn't know you're in Houston! Visiting? But yes, it is cold and damp. She hasn't been outside much though.

• LizChad09 said:

Uuuuuugh.. starting to get paranoid about Edolie's cold. Yesterday and today her cheeks have seemed a little red, like they're chapped or something, not a full on, all over redness. For the past few days it seems like she's been getting the chills frequently. I thought it was cute at first, but she's been doing it so often that it's starting to worry me! No fever, and other than the chills and cheek redness, it just seems like all the other colds she's had - drainage, runny nose when sitting up, coughing when lying down.

I didn't know you're in Houston! Visiting? But yes, it is cold and damp. She hasn't been outside much though.
    Yeah, we've been at my mom's on the northside since last Monday. Flying home tomorrow.
  • edoliesmomedoliesmom member
    edited December 2014
    Do you think teething can have similar signs of ear infections? Edolie has woken up scream-crying the last 4 times she's woken up, the last 2 times she hasn't wanted to eat/comfort nurse which is my go-to thing that works every time, hasn't wanted her paci, and the only way to get her back to sleep is hold her upright and sing to her. :-/ So out of character for her!

ETA: She's never had an ear infection before, but these signs seem similar to what I've seen others describe on here.

• Thanks. :) We're going to meet with a potential new pedi tomorrow but won't technically be a patient yet, so not sure if there are legal things that will prevent her from checking/diagnosing Edolie.

• And we have fever at 3 in the morning. :(

• rtv3rtv3 member
    edited December 2014

Do you think teething can have similar signs of ear infections? Edolie has woken up scream-crying the last 4 times she's woken up, the last 2 times she hasn't wanted to eat/comfort nurse which is my go-to thing that works every time, hasn't wanted her paci, and the only way to get her back to sleep is hold her upright and sing to her. :-/ So out of character for her!

ETA: She's never had an ear infection before, but these signs seem similar to what I've seen others describe on here.

@edoliesmom‌ - the no nursing/paci thing makes me think ear infection. Something about sucking puts pressure on the ear?

ETA: Hope she feels better soon!
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"