April 2014 Moms

Monday mayhem chatter

Come on in, the water is warm!

Re: Monday mayhem chatter

• I have a new years eve dilemma. We don't have plans as its tough with two littles and LO still getting up alot at night. So I am in for the night which doesn't bother me but DH wants to take off and party with his friends once the kids are in bed. I am not sure how I feel about it. On one hand I want to be a "good wife" and let him go play but on the other hand i feel like he should be ringing in the new year with me. The first year we had DD he took off to the cottage for new years and left me alone with the baby. Last year he stayed home and pouted and went to bed even before me. I don't want to start the new year fighting every year, WWA14D?
  • Loading the player...
  • You know it's going to be a long day when the first nap begins before 7:30am. Thanks, DS, for waking the entire house up at 5:20.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I cannot wait for my MIL to leave today. She came up for Christmas (uninvited), made crazy travel plans so DH spent Christmas driving all over NY to get her. She used my razor and bar soap (ew). Walks around in her panties and t-shirt all while her clothes are 3X too small so everything hangs out. Then! Buys a bunch of shit with no way to get it home. I have to wash her dirty laundry and take all her crap back to her house (out of state) in a few weeks.

Now she's haggling me about DS's birthday party and bitching about how she only sees him once a year. He's not even a year yet and you see him twice a month! Wtf. My mom hasn't even met him yet.
  • @snowbound I know others on this board have talked about family members walking around in their underwear, but that is seriously weird to me!

@juniper75 while NYE isn't a huge deal, I would want to be with DH. As mentioned, I'd talk with him and find something for you both to do at home and he can make plans with his friends a different night.
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @juniper75‌ we were supposed to be going to the IL for New Year's Eve, my partner is working until 7pm and lo has a bath and bed at 9pm. He's been awful sleeping lately, screaming for hours, I don't want to be dealing with this in someone else's house, I got my partner to tell her We ain't going, we don't really do a lot for new year, a few nibbles he has a few drinks, I don't think I would be happy if he went out with his friends and I was left in the house
  • @snowbound ew! Your MIL is a weirdo. Hope her exit isn't too hasty today!

Ooooh I can't wait. Just a few more hours.
  • Thanks ladies I was feeling guilty for wanting him to stay home and wondering if i was being unfair. Last year I tried to make it special and bought his favorite treats and got some movies to watch and then he just went to bed. I was pretty hurt. He hasn't committed to anything yet but even left the room when he was talking to his friends about it on the phone. They are just all getting together at his buddies place so its not out to the bars or anything, but he wants to drink and doesn't want to pay for an expensive cab home so he's even toying with the idea of crashing there. Hopefully he'll come around without it being a fight.
  • @juniper75‌ I would let him go personally but tell him he has to be home by a certain time on New Year's Day and leave for the day. Or plan a night away another day. Making him stay home could cause a fight and that sounds even more unpleasant. Hopefully he just decides to stay home with you!
  • I would be annoyed about that, too. Is it too late to get a few friends/family w/ kids to come over? Put the kids to sleep and then the rest of you can hang out? That's more or less what we do at my sister's. NYE isn't what it used to be once you have kids. I think you either do a low-key event at home or a friends OR get a sitter and go do whatever you want. 

@juniper75‌ this. I was going to suggest a special date night at home, but it sounds like your DH wants to be more social. This is exactly what we're doing, having another couple who has a LO too come over and stay the night. Social and low key.
  • I would be annoyed about that, too. Is it too late to get a few friends/family w/ kids to come over? Put the kids to sleep and then the rest of you can hang out? That's more or less what we do at my sister's. NYE isn't what it used to be once you have kids. I think you either do a low-key event at home or a friends OR get a sitter and go do whatever you want. 

That's why its always at his friends place because they have kids too. Their kids are older now. I keep telling him in another year or two it will be no big deal to just take the kids with us.
  • Unfortunately a night away is not an option for me for a few more months. We still nurse a few times a night and she won't take bottles. We'll see how it all plays out. I appreciate the input and ideas!
  • WTF with these MILs? Walking around in undies and using your personal items? (Totally threw up in my mouth a little)

Feeding your baby shit (breaking the rules) That's way over the line. Everyone in my family knows that at family gatherings my bf and I are the only ones allowed to feed Dylan from our plate. They all know that if they cross any lines I have no problem with them not seeing him.
  • @kielpinskim‌ I love titted due to the fact that I totally feel your pain!

I am so. Damn. Tired.
    Me = 28
    DH = 29
    Multiple loss mama
    Rylie: Born 04.2014
    Haley: Born 07.2017
    Emily: Born 08.2019

• A really good friend of ours had her baby this AM. Her DH posted it on Instagram and 4 hours later sent us a text. Kinda hurt my feelings a bit, esp since they were the first ppl we told about Savannah (right after family). I am pretty sure we were an after thought. Moments like these are when I think social media is ruining society.
  • I'm pretty sure it wouldn't occur to my husband to try to make NYE plans without me. I'm kind of baffled that a married dad would just go make plans for himself like that. I mean, DH does go off with his friends and do stuff, as do I, but the conversations starts with what are WE doing or do WE want to make plans, you know?

I'd want him to stay home and have a movie night or something too, @juniper75‌. But I wouldn't want to deal with pouting either!

I am trying to teach DH to think that way. Its a work in progress. He has had the same group of friends since he was a kid and as a collective they have not grown up. They are all mid 40's but behave like they are still young with no responsìbilities. I wish we would hang out with my friends more, they all have kids our age and are better "examples" for him but he refuses to give up time with his friends for mine. He used to like them but now that we dont get out so much he always picks his friends and we never see mine.
  • Baby Q fell off the bed this morning! She gets up around 6am when H gets up for work and he gives her a bottle and lays her next to me every morning. I wake up when she does about an hour or so later. This morning she was just eager as hell to get up and I woke up to a thump! She fortunately grabbed a pillow on the way or there was one already on the floor because she landed on it. Cried for about 30 seconds but was otherwise happy to see me and have a diaper change! Whew!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Baby Q fell off the bed this morning! She gets up around 6am when H gets up for work and he gives her a bottle and lays her next to me every morning. I wake up when she does about an hour or so later. This morning she was just eager as hell to get up and I woke up to a thump! She fortunately grabbed a pillow on the way or there was one already on the floor because she landed on it. Cried for about 30 seconds but was otherwise happy to see me and have a diaper change! Whew!
    We had this happen last week. DH got up to go feed the dog and A was between us since he was sleeping for crap. He didn't wake me up, and the next thing I know is there's a loud thump. I knew what it was instantly before he even had a chance to scream. Scared the poor kid to death (and mommy too!) but he was fine after a good cry.

• Why? Why do I undertake a massive organizing project during naptime and expect it to be finished before LO wakes up!? 

My living room is a danger zone and I can only contain LO in a baby holding device for so long. I'm a dummy. 

• hordolhordol member
    edited December 2014
    Mom vent My mom is driving me crazy! Everyday she tells me she gained x amount of pounds. Yet she does NOTHING about it. She blames it on DH and I moving in. We eat dinner with my parents a few times a week and it's almost always something fresh and healthy. She never exercises! She lays around all day and always buys candy or something like that when she is shopping. Also, the house is always a mess. Me leaving DS's kitchen items in the kitchen apparently is not acceptable so I have to keep everything but the high chair in his nursery. She says she is constantly cleaning. She must be dreaming it because all she does is watch TV and nap!
    I think we have the same mom. My mom does this. All of this. Edit: Well, not all of this as we don't live with them or see them super often, but she complains about being fat and then lies on the couch and eats candy all day. And then blames dad cause he won't eat healthy. Well, her version of healthy means to stop cooking and eat lean cuisines...not give up all the candy and get off the couch once in awhile...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• @OliveOyl2014‌ Saw that on Today Parents. Ok A14 I need help! My iPhone 4 met its demise last night at the zoo and I need to get a new phone. Do I get a iPhone 6 with 16g memory?
  • Why? Why do I undertake a massive organizing project during naptime and expect it to be finished before LO wakes up!? 

My living room is a danger zone and I can only contain LO in a baby holding device for so long. I'm a dummy. 

I do this all the time!!
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • juniper75 said:

Here's an embarassing new years story for you for putting up with my new years plans hogging this thread:

The first new years DH took me to his friends place I was really nervous and drank way too much. I drank a whole mix of stuff including some drink his buddy named a foreskin to mock one of the other guys there who apparently was the only one there with one.... As the night wore on I blacked out and I guess kind of passed out at the table while we were all playing cards. While i was in this state l would apparently lift my head off the table and yell at the host and say things like: Shut up you, you and your peanut penises! They tell me I said peanut penises ALOT. Nice way to make new friends... Luckily his friends are big kids so they thought it was great but I was mortified when he told me.

This made me laugh so hard!!!
  • How do you get LO to stop biting?  Ow.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @Nik102‌ I also laughed out loud at the cat poop! That's one for the baby book for sure!
  • I hate waiting rooms. Sitting here waiting for my scan and I'm about to jump out of my skin. It's really busy, which doesn't help my anxiety at all because I feel like we will be waiting forever.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"