March 2015 Moms

waffles and nesting (monday random)

Because that's what I'm doing and it's random. ..

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: waffles and nesting (monday random)

• Back at work today, starting to train my coverage for leave.

Shit is getting real over here, guys. My feet are swollen, my thighs are chaffing, my boobs are way weirder than they ever were with DD and my hands randomly get all tingly, which I assume is my carpal tunnel returning. And I snore like an overweight man. So. Sexy.

Also... Anyone have a home remedy for a toddler with a stye? I've been trying a warm washcloth but she hates it and won't leave it on for more than 20-30 seconds.
    For Suzy and our M15 Loss Moms
  • I feel like a zombie. DD woke up three times last night crying and really upset, inconsolable, and I don't know why. She didn't want H to hold her, she only wanted me. I'm flattered kid but really? I spent more time in her room trying to comfort her and get her back to sleep then in my own bed and then when I was in bed I just kept waking up. I haven't been this tired since she was a newborn. I want to punch something or cry or something. I'm definitely taking a nap today when she gets hers or I'm going to go crazy.

*sigh* Ok, vent over. I hope others are having a better morning than I am!

• Loading the player...
  • Morning everyone! Woke myself up early today to force myself to eat something since I have my glucose test this AM and am not allowed to eat 2 hours prior. Now I am sitting here bored. Get to drink the nasty stuff in 35 minutes. Woohoo! I am one of those lucky ones who gets sent home with the drink and do not have to sit an hour in the office waiting for the blood draw after. 

Also, I swear my body KNEW I was entering 3rd tri and decided to give me all the things I hated about 3rd tri last time at once. I was still sleeping relatively well until a week ago. Now I am waking every 1-2 hours and getting up to pee multiple times and my ability to get comfortable is gone. I thought I had some more time before this all came on. Oh 3rd tri I actually did NOT miss you at all. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Pregnancy Ticker
    image <3 Suzyq 
  • Trying to play catch up this morning from the last few days!

DH and I are headed back to Georgia today. We drove halfway and stopped last night so I'm hanging out at the hotel while he sleeps. I just keep thinking that the next time we make the trip will be next summer and we will have a three-month-old with us! It's getting so real lately.

I'm off work until the 5th so I should be around a lot more this week! Looking forward to cleaning and organizing and getting a bunch of stuff ready for the baby this week.
  • @Peledreamsofrain‌ , I've heard good things about Ameda too. I wouldn't worry too much!
  • Morning girls. I'm off till Friday this week so I've got to take advantage and get a lot done! Cutting coupons now thanks to the thread on saving :) then going to a daycare appt and Sam's club, grocery store, and motherhood maternity to exchange some stuff. Need to organize files and do laundry and clean. And take down Christmas :(

Sorry to all the tired mamas. I'm feeling ya.

Tmi but I don't think I've pooped in about 3 days. I had missed a day and then kinda forgot about keeping an eye on being "regular" while traveling this past week. This one's gonna hurt when it ever comes out!!

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • @JennyP0222‌ good luck with your glucose test!

@Peledreamsofrain‌ we drove back to town yesterday. I completely understand, it was no fun.

Both my dd and I have a cold. Im off work until Jan 5 but I'm sad it looks like I'll be sick most of the time. On a good note, I'll be able to sort through all the old onsies and newborn clothes and do some major laundry so that's nice.

BabyFruit Ticker

Kaylin Lanelle Born 9/2012
    Rylee Amelia due March 5, 2015

For SuzyQ

• Back at work for the first day since the 23rd and I'm not pleased about it. I knew ignoring a few things prior to Christmas would come back to haunt me, but, well, here we are.

I want to go back home and finish painting LO's dresser! And take a nap. I've been sleeping well, but I'm so tired anyway. I missed my iron supplement yesterday, so I'm going to blame that for now.
  • Mmm...waffles. A couple of friends and I are going out for dinner tonight to my favorite steakhouse, so I'm trying to make sure I leave some space for red meat and hash browns today while not going hungry. I run out of room fast these days - if I overdo it at lunch or in the afternoon, I'm done. And then I wake up at 5:00 am ravenous.

• Morning all!! Waffles are my favorite!!! I have been spending time stockpiling diapers and wipes and finishing up with last minute items:) I too am struggling with the insomnia AND night sweats. I have been enjoying some time off, catching up with my godchild (she's 2.5) and relaxing. I have my glucose test tomorrow and hoping it goes well!
  • Morning ladies! I've been MIA for almost a week; no computer at home and the app is hit or miss on my phone lately. Blah.
    Back to work today after being sick as a dog since the day after Christmas. I couldn't even keep down water, had a low grade fever, and lost almost 7 lbs in 24 hours. It was freaking scary, especially when LO stopped being a psycho kick-boxer like usual. Thankfully talked with OB on both the 26th and 27th, and was reassured by them. Finally able to drink water and Gatorade (in limited quantities) on Saturday, and yesterday I even ate some food! (little bites, and then felt like death after). Today will be along day. 
    DH is taking step son for his 7 year check up today. FX that they address his continued bed wetting issue, as well as jump in weight over the last year. (DH and I both recognize these things as potentially bigger issues, while his ex-wife brushes it all off as if it were nothing). Hopefully we can sort out all this business for little dude.
    Lastly, I want coffee and donuts, but I'm afraid of food and most drink still after the past 4 days. #firstworldproblems. 
  • I am exhausted from all the Christmas celebrations this weekend! (There was 4) although I can't complain too much since the furthest we had to travel was an hour one way. We still have to celebrate with SOs mom and younger brother this Sunday then well be done with the holidays. It should be interesting..

Yesterday, saying goodbye to relatives, my grandmother and aunt said "now don't forget to call when the baby comes!" and I realized that's right! I won't see any of them again until the baby is here. I can't believe how fast this is going by! I say that now but I'm sure in a few weeks it's going to start dragging!
  • @jennypm - I love a waffle and steamed hashbrowns scattered, smothered, covered, and chunked. With a diet coke. I only ate there on my birthday and on occasion when my nieces spent the night.

Also - I don't eat eggs and can't stand the smell, so Waffle House was a close and easy place for my H to get breakfast. Chik Fil A was also just down the street ...now I'm missing chicken biscuits too...

I am really missing all of the Atlanta food now that I actually let myself eat...
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Good morning ladies! (almost afternoon here).

I have returned to work for this week and am tired beyond belief. Luckily, much of the upper mgmt is still out so it's not crazy here. =) 

I feel a bit emboldened knowing that the fatigue I'm feeling is a 3rd tri thing and not me just being lazy, haha.

Question for the board: Have you all included birthing options like Vitamin K shots, The eye goop stuff, kangaroo care, etc in your birth plan? Do you give the plan to the hospitals/nurses ahead of time or just bring it when you go in to deliver?
  • Darbie914 said:

Since this is the random thread, has anyone ever dealt with having a diabetic cat?  One of our kitties was losing weight, drinking a ton of water, peeing more, and was still acting ravenous.  We took him to the vet over the weekend and he's got diabetes.  

Right now, we're starting him on insulin shots and changed his diet to a high-protein, low carb diet.  The vet said that with time, we can see if it can be managed with diet and exercise alone and not have to give him daily injections.  I just feel so bad for my kitty and wish I would have taken him to the vet sooner.  
    Aww Darbie I'm sorry that your kitty is going thru this. No personal experience but I'm sure he will get better quickly with the meds and diet. How old is he? Do you know how he was diagnosed, like what kind of tests? I ask because our little 13 year old dog has been drinking buckets of water and peeing all the time. No weight loss. He's had blood tests done and all is fine. But it seems excessive to me. And don't beat yourself up about not taking him sooner. It wouldn't have changed anything for him (I don't think) so feel better!
  • Peledreamsofrain I had the Ameda last time, I actually really liked it. They also have great customer service.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My insomnia was awful last night, and I am so tired. My husband is off this week, and I had to go back to work today. I hate Mondays.

• @jennypm- I lived in Buckhead so we only had Atlanta chains and local places near us - some of my fave affordable places were:

Eclipse de Luna (they are all over Atl now)
    Taco Mac
    Johnnys Pizza
    La Fonda
    Mediterranean Grille
    Fat Matts
    Taqueria del Sol
    Nuevo Laredo

For a little nicer but still affordable -

Mosaic (for brunch)
    Pasta de Pulcinella
    Tamarind
    Agave
    I know I am forgetting some places...now I really want to go to Atlanta. I have a business trip to Atl in mid Jan and am planning on not going - but am reconsidering because of the food.

• Ugh why do people feel the need to tell me that I have gotten a lot bigger in the last few days. Thank you very much, I did want to feel more insecure.

•  
    Question for the board: Have you all included birthing options like Vitamin K shots, The eye goop stuff, kangaroo care, etc in your birth plan? Do you give the plan to the hospitals/nurses ahead of time or just bring it when you go in to deliver?
    I did include this stuff with my daughter. I just brought a copy with me when I went in for labor and delivery.

• @Darbie914‌ he's not losing any weight, not throwing up or anything. His blood work has all been normal and they wanted to check a urine test but it was so expensive so I opted out. He seems and acts totally fine, just a peeing and drinking machine. It may just be that he's getting older and just needs more water. I bet your kitty will bounce back quick!
  • I woke up with what feels like daggers in my throat. I can barely swallow. My head is all foggy too.. So soup and tea in bed for me it is. But I really want donuts. Ill see if H is feeling so kind ;)

• We moved this weekend, which turned into a nightmare including a leaking fridge and unwanted guests. I'm seriously wondering if we made a huge mistake, maybe our 1 bedroom wasn't so bad! I also never knew my body could be so tired! Still have a ton of unpacking and cleaning to do. My feet are starting to swell so I'm giving myself a break now.

On the upside I'm really excited to decorate the nursery :)
  • @cinnamonlatte‌ - I'm sorry. The same thing is happening to me. I just cry...

• Ugh why do people feel the need to tell me that I have gotten a lot bigger in the last few days. Thank you very much, I did want to feel more insecure.

Yeah we get 2 weeks off for the holidays so I already know I'll get the "omg you're so much bigger" when we return. I got it after 1 week in thanskgiving and I didn't even gain a pound that week.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @etoille‌ , I'm with you. I keep looking at my calendar going "really? 12 more weeks of this!?". I get out of breath sitting on the floor to change DD's diaper.
  • drudolph11drudolph11 member
    edited December 2014
    AW: I just ordered a pair of post partum undies from baby steals from "Pretty Pushers" that look SOOOO comfy I'm so excited to be able to use them after giving birth. They are jersey knit and waste band free with a draw string and have a pocket for the ice pack plus they are hot pink! A total unnecessary luxury item, i know, but what the hell they were on sale for 12.99$ and are normally around 30$(Amazon and eBay) and I'm all about the postpartum vagina comfort!
    These: photo 2014-12-29 14.18.57_zpsumic2umo.png :D
    Anyway, my mom and SO are FINALLY starting the remodeling of our new bedroom after it has sat partially demolished for the last 2 months. We got SO some kind of power tool for his birthday and he really wanted to use it so he demolished the closet separating the 2 rooms that we are making into 1 despite the fact that we didn't have the money yet to totally finish the remodel and despite the fact that the room is totally out of site and not anything i have to see on a daily basis if i don't want to, it has been driving me INSANE that it isn't finished. So i allowed him to take the money out of savings to get the damn thing done cuz i really wanna start on the babies room (which is gonna be our current room right now). I did this partially because it is driving me insane and partially because it is a freakishly nice December day. I mean literally i live in Maryland, we should have a foot of snow right now, but instead the sun is shining and you could totally get away with wearing shorts and a light jacket wtf? Anyone else experiencing this? I'm pretty sure this means that the world will be ending very shortly lol

29 weeks today! And baby has been going totally insane lately lol im sitting here watching her move around my tummy its great! It is still so fascinating to me to watch her move lol

Have a great day everyone!
    Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
    photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
    For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms
  • I'm on the late bus to sick town today. I woke up Saturday and my sinuses felt so raw all day. I was exhausted even after 2 days off (because is it really a "day off" when all you're doing is running around getting shit done?) so I called out of my part-time job Sat. night. I woke up yesterday feeling like absolute hell. I had the worst of my pregnancy heartburn so far, my entire head was stopped up and I had a horrible headache. We had our Christmas at my IL's yesterday and I was so miserable I almost couldn't eat. FIL finally offered me some Pepcid, which did the trick (amazing), and I took some Tylenol sinus which knocked my headache out, and I was pretty good for the rest of the day... until we got home. I was absolutely miserable last night. I ended up calling into work this morning and came in at noon so I could sleep some more. Me no likey!
  • I'm almost done cleaning out the bureau that's in the garage that will be going into the nursery. Damn it feels good to throw crap away. Including DVD boxes and manuals.

It's hard for some reason and keep texting h for moral support.

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kcbizmekcbizme member
    edited December 2014
    adouces06 said:

@jcar2 I am totally out of whack today too. I am exhausted, and my normal heartburn has turned into chest pain heartburn. No fun at all. I find myself getting super out of breath. Clearly the LO is trying to take up as much space as possible in there!

PSA: I just ordered my shower outfits (my mom and MIL are throwing 2 showers) from Pink Blush Maternity. They are having an end of the year sale- 25% off!

Question for all you ladies who trim up down below- how the heck are you doing it now? I am at the point where I can no longer see my feet, let alone my hoo-ha. Are you going to bother trimming up before the big arrival?? Just wondering how everyone else is handling this :)

My H asked me about this the other day. I told him I thought they would shave me at the hospital (not sure though) and he said just let them do it. I don't know what I'm going to do. I can barely see my bikini line at this point! I may have to buy a shower mirror just to keep it trimmed down there.

ETA: What are you wearing to your shower? Are you dressing up? I have no clue what to even look at.
  • adouces06kcbizme I'm shaving blind. I've been doing shaving for almost 1/2 my life at this point, so I basically can do it from memory. Add to that the fact that my body is kind to me, so I can shave with just water and the razor and come out baby soft and smooth without issue (I never have used shaving cream other than a handful of times in my life, and always ended up cutting myself). I just wing it. If it's not perfect, at least I tried! 
  • mandi195 said:
    adouces06kcbizme I'm shaving blind. I've been doing shaving for almost 1/2 my life at this point, so I basically can do it from memory. Add to that the fact that my body is kind to me, so I can shave with just water and the razor and come out baby soft and smooth without issue (I never have used shaving cream other than a handful of times in my life, and always ended up cutting myself). I just wing it. If it's not perfect, at least I tried! 
    I shave with just water and a razor, I just have never shaved "down there" without being able to see what I'm doing so I'm a little wary.
  • adouces06 said:

@kcbizme I have zero desire to wear a dress, so I bought two tunic tops.

This one and this one 

They were on sale, so I couldn't pass them up. If for whatever reason I don't like one, I have another tunic/dress thing at home I could wear. I just know I won't be comfortable totally dressed up, so comfort won the battle :)

Those are cute! I have a month to decide, so I'm just trying to start getting ideas.
  • @happymamax2‌ in literally in the same boat. I'm not sick or anything, physically i feel fine but the last 2 days and one other time so far i have had to sit on my toilet with horrible bowel cramps from diarrhea which actually also made me throw up so i have been doing the toilet/trash can combo. It is so horrible i have literally started crying while sitting there :( TMI: it was so bad i had to get up in the middle of it while i had a little break and plunge cuz i had stopped it up, meh... i mean afterwards, when i wasn't so miserable, i was actually a little relieved cuz, well, better out than in right? But oh god it sucks so bad. I even text my SO while sitting on the toilet and told him what was going on and told him that i felt like i just wanted to shoot myself cuz i was so miserable. I don't want to take pepto cuz like you said, most of the time it is actually the damn oppisite i don't even know what I'm gonna do if this keeps up. Any ideas?
    Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
    photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
    For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"