Cloth Diapering
Options

NCDR gentle weaning advice needed

I need advice on gentle weaning. My son is 9.5 months and still bf throughout the night, in the morning before daycare, and when we get home from daycare. I would like to make it to a year but want to slowly transition for both of our sakes. Another reason id like to start weaning: I still haven't gotten a pp and we would like to start trying in the next couple of months. Thanks ladies!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker    image

Our English Bulldog, Ulga born 4/9/2013

Baby Boy Xander born 3/13/2014

Re: NCDR gentle weaning advice needed

• Options
    I should add that my one pump at work usually is about 8-11 oz. I have a ton of milk in my deep freeze as well.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a really hard time weaning and what seemed most effective was to drop feedings/replace them with a snack or nap when we were also dealing with a disruption to our routine, i.e., a relative visiting or us being on vacation. That way there was sufficient distraction that DS wasn't too insistent on nursing at his regular times. But, we were very gradual. I probably tried introducing goats milk formula and goat cheese to him around 10 months, but he didn't really start dropping BF sessions significantly until 1 year.
  • Options
    Drop only one session every few days is what i think is recommended, and to stay with the ones he's least attached to. Maybe try night weaning first, and enlist the help of YH? I think Kelly mom had some weaning and night wreaking tips. V still nurses a couple times a day, but when I started trying to cut back at least a little, I would either try to keep him preoccupied wroth something elder, gone him snacks, or be out and about. It was a bit different in that he was already at the year mark, plenty mobile, and I was pregnant, so I'm sure my supply started to decrease at some point.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. It sounds like you were in close to my situation. I'll try dropping the first night feeding since that is usually the one he's just using me as a pacifier for anyway.

• Options
    It is right if you go below 3 or so feedings a day before a year you may want to supplement with formula.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @mamalamb10‌ lately he is waking up 3 times to feed, plus his morning feed at 645 before daycare. He then takes 12 oz from the bottle + 2 solid meals at daycare. Then nurses at 515 when he gets home, eats another solid meal and then nurses before bed. So all in all I'm still nursing 5-7 times a day depending on if it's during the week or weekend.

• Options
    I would probably drop the night feelings over the course of a week or so and lo will probably make up for it by nursing longer during the day or adding in a "snack nursing" session. When I dropped night feelings and pumpings that was when my cycle came back with both kids. Definitely get your H though on board, I couldn't be the one to go in during the night wakings it just really ticked the boys off like I was teasing them with milk close but can't have any. A couple nights of DH going in instead of me and the boys were like 'eh you don't have what we want so I'll go back to bed'. Oh and I would keep the last night feeding for a little while just because sometimes those can keep you from starting your day at 5am ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"