3rd Trimester

just need to vent!

Im 32w and lately im so damn depressed :( im gonna talk to my dr about it at my next appt bc its really starting to get bad. I dont want to see anyone or do anything anymore. Im on bedrest so I cant do much anyway, but even when I get a chance to leave the house, I dont want to. Im bitchy all the time now and I cant help it. My fibromyalgia is starting to act up really bad lately and the pain alone is making me a complete grump. My boyfriend grooms and trains horses for a living and therefore hes always sore and in pain and I try to rub his back for him and be sympathetic but as soon as I say im hurting, he has to mention how much worse his is... He works all day and I dont do shit... Blah blah blah... Duh! Im on bedrest! What am I supposed to do?! Even asking him to rub my back is like pulling teeth. He doesnt seem to care or understand how much pain im in on a daily basis and how depressed I am bc of it. The only time he really notices is when im completely silent all day long and by the end of the day hes asking whats wrong. What do you think?! Before I got pregnant, I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, anxiety, and depression along with pre-existing fibromyalgia. I went from taking 5 different meds a day to taking only my Lovenox for a PE I had in Feb. This is the first time ive ever been off of all of my meds and up until my thrid trimester, I had been fine but now, I just cant deal. Idk what to do. I have to be strong for my daughter (shes almost 7) and make her know that mommy is ok but at the same time I just want to cry and scream. Any advice? Like I said, im going to talk to my dr about all of this at my next appt but I wanted to hear from personal experiance also. Thank you ladies.

Re: just need to vent!

• No personal experience but I think talking to your doctor about your depression is a good thing. Your boyfriend sounds like a jerk, and I would seriously tell him that there is no comparison between your pain. Only a child feels the need to try and hurt more than someone else.

Did your doctor take you off your meds? I hope you find some relief soon. Lots of t&p
  • BookitBoo said:

No personal experience but I think talking to your doctor about your depression is a good thing. Your boyfriend sounds like a jerk, and I would seriously tell him that there is no comparison between your pain. Only a child feels the need to try and hurt more than someone else.

Did your doctor take you off your meds? I hope you find some relief soon. Lots of t&p

Thank you :) yes, I had to come off of all of my meds when I found out I was pregnant. I was taking zoloft, lithium, seroquel, lyrica, and kolonopin. I was fine without them up until a few weeks ago but now I want them back more than ever. I just want to feel normal again but more than that, I want a happy, healthy baby so hes worth being off all of it for no doubt. It just sucks :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Im 32w and lately im so damn depressed :( im gonna talk to my dr about it at my next appt bc its really starting to get bad. I dont want to see anyone or do anything anymore. Im on bedrest so I cant do much anyway, but even when I get a chance to leave the house, I dont want to. Im bitchy all the time now and I cant help it. My fibromyalgia is starting to act up really bad lately and the pain alone is making me a complete grump. My boyfriend grooms and trains horses for a living and therefore hes always sore and in pain and I try to rub his back for him and be sympathetic but as soon as I say im hurting, he has to mention how much worse his is... He works all day and I dont do shit... Blah blah blah... Duh! Im on bedrest! What am I supposed to do?! Even asking him to rub my back is like pulling teeth. He doesnt seem to care or understand how much pain im in on a daily basis and how depressed I am bc of it. The only time he really notices is when im completely silent all day long and by the end of the day hes asking whats wrong. What do you think?! Before I got pregnant, I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, anxiety, and depression along with pre-existing fibromyalgia. I went from taking 5 different meds a day to taking only my Lovenox for a PE I had in Feb. This is the first time ive ever been off of all of my meds and up until my thrid trimester, I had been fine but now, I just cant deal. Idk what to do. I have to be strong for my daughter (shes almost 7) and make her know that mommy is ok but at the same time I just want to cry and scream. Any advice? Like I said, im going to talk to my dr about all of this at my next appt but I wanted to hear from personal experiance also. Thank you ladies.

Hopefully your doctor can help connect you to some mental health resources. You seem to have a lot going on right now. Bed rest can be challenging. I recommend Netflix and lots of phone conversations with friends.
    Thank you :)
  • WhitfryWhitfry member
    edited December 2014
    Nvm MUD
  • Honey I can relate entirely. I can not do much moving around due to a broken leg (my fibia and tibia) and a shattered ankle. Ive been on bed rest for almost 2 months and ive been losing my mind laying around. Plus im in pain as well. Its a struggle being on bed rest and pregnant (im 34 weeks) I honestly think its been one of the most trying times of my life. I cry all the time for a number of reasons. Sometimes just having someone to vent to is the only thing that helps. I want to scream most days and lay in a hole and die. I would say cry it out let it out as well as talking to ur doc.
  • Honey I can relate entirely. I can not do much moving around due to a broken leg (my fibia and tibia) and a shattered ankle. Ive been on bed rest for almost 2 months and ive been losing my mind laying around. Plus im in pain as well. Its a struggle being on bed rest and pregnant (im 34 weeks) I honestly think its been one of the most trying times of my life. I cry all the time for a number of reasons. Sometimes just having someone to vent to is the only thing that helps. I want to scream most days and lay in a hole and die. I would say cry it out let it out as well as talking to ur doc.

I can't imagine having broken bones along with all the other stuff. My thoughts and prayers are with you! I hope you get to feeling better very soon!!!

• Im 32w and lately im so damn depressed :( im gonna talk to my dr about it at my next appt bc its really starting to get bad. I dont want to see anyone or do anything anymore. Im on bedrest so I cant do much anyway, but even when I get a chance to leave the house, I dont want to. Im bitchy all the time now and I cant help it. My fibromyalgia is starting to act up really bad lately and the pain alone is making me a complete grump. My boyfriend grooms and trains horses for a living and therefore hes always sore and in pain and I try to rub his back for him and be sympathetic but as soon as I say im hurting, he has to mention how much worse his is... He works all day and I dont do shit... Blah blah blah... Duh! Im on bedrest! What am I supposed to do?! Even asking him to rub my back is like pulling teeth. He doesnt seem to care or understand how much pain im in on a daily basis and how depressed I am bc of it. The only time he really notices is when im completely silent all day long and by the end of the day hes asking whats wrong. What do you think?! Before I got pregnant, I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, anxiety, and depression along with pre-existing fibromyalgia. I went from taking 5 different meds a day to taking only my Lovenox for a PE I had in Feb. This is the first time ive ever been off of all of my meds and up until my thrid trimester, I had been fine but now, I just cant deal. Idk what to do. I have to be strong for my daughter (shes almost 7) and make her know that mommy is ok but at the same time I just want to cry and scream. Any advice? Like I said, im going to talk to my dr about all of this at my next appt but I wanted to hear from personal experiance also. Thank you ladies.

Hopefully your doctor can help connect you to some mental health resources. You seem to have a lot going on right now. Bed rest can be challenging. I recommend Netflix and lots of phone conversations with friends.

This. Andplusalso, maybe take an online class, or research your family history, or get some books from the library and try to learn how to knit/crochet, etc.? Research some new recipes you want to try after LO arrives?

Sounds like a plan :) thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"