September 2012 Moms

Happy Festivus!

2»

Re: Happy Festivus!

• @bper wait, you had to explain to perv why you went above his head to report his behavior?
    Essentially.  But it was more for me, than him.

I was going to be off the day that the VPR was planning to bring him in, and I didn't want to have the anxiety of "ZOMG what's happening?!" and also have the anxiety of our interaction at a party on Saturday.

• I need to wrap Luci's presents.  I am waiting, simply because we already have three for her from other people and it drives her nuts and she is constantly whining that she can't have then NOW.  

One of my employees is wrapping her Christmas presents over lunch in our break room.  I told her I would help her because I really ridiculously love wrapping presents.  Seriously, give me all the presents to wrap!
    I wrap everything, but no way could I put it under the tree and think the kids wouldn't touch it. Everything's in a closet!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...

• I actually wouldn't mind if the younger adults with no money asked for gift cards, but I guess I thought grown adults would suck it up and list a gift.  We all have our own money; it's not fun to buy someone a gift card. 
    I agree!  Nobody asks us for a Christmas list, so thankfully I don't have to make one.  I always worry what people will think if I ask for things that are expensive vs. not expensive.  I have decided I am much too worried about what others think.
    I gave a list to MIL with a huge range, from a bag of peanuts to a nice watch so she could find something in the range she wanted.  FAIL.  She thought I wanted everything on the list.  Uh, there was like $500 worth of stuff on the list for her and my mom to get ideas from.  Sigh. 
    Ugh, this would be my MIL. Why are people so dense sometimes? I literally can only give her like 3 options for the kids bc I know she will buy EVERYTHING on the list, which is insane.

• MrsKipper said:

Did anyone else deal with feeding solids to a baby who still has the tongue thrust reflex? It makes things way more complicated!

Don't they all start off that way?  I remember 95% of everything got shoved out, put back on the spoon, and re-fed.  Repeat, repeat.

Do they? Nola didn't, it just went right in. Well, if it's actually a normal thing then I'll just deal with it until he grows out of it!

Anniversary

• loislayn said:
    I still hate the Christmas Shoes song.
    It's so sappy and sad. I heard it today and wished I hadn't.

• loislayn said:
    I still hate the Christmas Shoes song.
    I have you seen the deconstruction of Christmas Shoes? I think it's by Patton Oswalt. It is amazing.
    OMG, just had to go find this. I love when he says it "takes a hard left into assholeville."

• I'm here. 
    I'm on vacation but yesterday I did consultant work to make some extra money and then some breastfeeding-related volunteer work. Today is actual vacation and I think E actually fell asleep (which is epic). I'm here but I think I'm going to go finish the book I have to read for work and then take a nap. 

I've been wrapping for a while, a couple things at a time. But they are all piled in the spare room so I guess I need to get them out so that our family can sleep in there. 

• @MrsKipper‌ I tagged you on the FB group about something for Baby boy. It's a velour track suit, 24mos size. Do you want it? Let me know and I'll send it out next week.

I have a ton of cleaning to do but I'm finding other things to do....go to lunch with my mom,bump,make cheesecakes etc
  • I am working today and tomorrow and the day after Christmas. I am sort of over all of this. I am so jealous of you all enjoying vacation!!
                  image     image
  • BobKat22 said:
    I'm super shocked DD hasn't messed with any of the presents or the tree. I did tell her that all Christmas would disappear if she touched it though. I guess it worked. And I have a table full of Christmas knick knacks she's allowed to touch and move around.
    B hasn't touched a single present under the tree. He'll play with one ornament in particular and that's it. I've always had the house decorated since he's been born. People come into the house and think I'm nuts but he never plays with anything because he's used to it. He has too many toys to worry about a vase. We're lucky.

• @pharmer78 anti-grievances are nice to hear!  I remember when W was going through an angel stage and it made every day such a joy.  It slowly fizzled over here, but  I knew to enjoy it while I could!  I hope it lasts longer than just a few days for you guys!

I *just* got a huge work thing put on my plate :(  A Canadian customer needs a report stating xyz for a legal appeal.... probably 12 hours of nitty gritty work from me, and their hearing is Jan 8.  Holy short fucking notice.  My sitter is closed tomorrow through Jan 5.  That means I will be working on my vacation with a fucking toddler.  Vacation hasn't even started and it is already getting shat on! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Add Grace to the sick toddler club. She is so plugged solid! Poor kiddo is so snotty. I bought some saline, not sure she will let me use it but I'll try. 

Everything is wrapped and done. I Still have a bunch of cleaning to do but I'm at the point where vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom will be the only "cleaning" I do. 

My BIL and his gf are coming over to give Grace gifts. We no longer exchange gifts except for the kids. He got us stuff this year and now I feel bad that We didn't get him anything! I know they don't care but I'd love to get him a gift If I had known he was getting us one. He always helps out with Grace and such. 
  • We're out getting all of our last minute purchases done and the weather couldn't be anymore miserable. Cold and rainy and foggy. Blech!

Anniversary

• I'm baking goodies with my awesome SIL. Peanut butter balls, caramel corn, fudge, sugar cookies, and chocolate cottage cookies. Mmm.

We're at her house, so I'm easily ignoring the mess waiting for me at mine.

And, I got DD to nap here. Win!
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Melody that dress up cabinet is adorable! I hope all the sick kiddos are better by Christmas! I am feeling for everyone that has to work around the holidays! The boys have all next week off so I'm bouncing them around between friends and my parents because I haven't accrued enough time off and I don't have though seniority to take the holidays off.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • @dimples12‌ I argue with DH about spending every Christmas and every kid's birthday. I want to buy everything for everyone we know. And he wants to complain. He also expects me to pick out all of the gifts for his family, which I find super irritating.

Sawyer hasn't tried to unwrap any of the presents under our tree. But she keeps putting them on her head and walking around trying to balance them. I had to put anything heavy or breakable back in my closet.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • @dimples12‌ I think my DH spends too much on gifts. We do not have a lot to buy for but I think 100-200$ on 1 person is insane. His justification is that these people do so much for us...example his mom will watch DS at a drop of a hat in an emergency. I don't know maybe I'm just cheap and want to put our money towards our debts. Flame away
  • I think it is totally justified to spend $100-200 on a gift for my parents, especially if they are super helpful and supportive. I think it would be silly to do that for a neighbor or the postman though. I llove to give gifts, but all things in moderation. 9 times out of 10 the receiver will be grateful that you even thought of them, regardless of the gift or monetary value. Fffc I am regifting one of the DD gift cards to my neighbor who has been helping me with my yard work.

• Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited December 2014
    H's aunt sent a Christmas card addressed to him, myself and our family, with a check inside addressed to me for $30. I had already decided I wasn't wasting my Christmas cards on H's family, if he wanted to send some out he was welcome to. I ended up sending a Christmas card to the aunt (our Christmas card is a picture of myself and the boys, saying "merry Christmas 2014 love holly, Keagan and Colby") and I included the check in the envelope. I'm already dreading the facebook message that i know I will be getting once she receives it. It's not my responsibility to tell HIS family that we are no longer together. Bah humbug. I DID however send a generic Christmas card to his mom that the boys signed. I guess I don't have it in me to be mean.

• bosha711bosha711 member
    edited December 2014
    My grievance is my IL's never have their shit together. My SIL took over hosting Christmas Eve a few years ago, but this year suddenly decided she's not anymore, so then it defaulted to my MIL. Except MIL can barely walk bc she's having problems with her knee (knee replacement less than a year ago). So she can't really get stuff ready for tomorrow & apparently SIL isn't even volunteering to help her - she just plans on showing up for dinner.

So now MH feels bad & is going to be going to his Mom's early to help her & I am now making a main part of the meal. I was just made aware of all this last night.

MH sucks at relaying info. If I knew all this was going on, I would have just said for everyone to come to our house. Every holiday turns into a big ordeal with his family!

My family is so easy. Same place, same time, same food, every single year. No drama!

Also, dd has decided to rebel against her crib. Last night she was in our bed. Right now she's on the couch next to me. She better not pull this tomorrow night when we need to put out all the presents!

• I can't edit out my funky spelling of is...

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • H's aunt sent a Christmas card addressed to him, myself and our family, with a check inside addressed to me for $30. I had already decided I wasn't wasting my Christmas cards on H's family, if he wanted to send some out he was welcome to. I ended up sending a Christmas card to the aunt (our Christmas card is a picture of myself and the boys, saying "merry Christmas 2014 love holly, Keagan and Colby") and I included the check in the envelope. I'm already dreading the facebook message that i know I will be getting once she receives it. It's not my responsibility to tell HIS family that we are no longer together. Bah humbug. I DID however send a generic Christmas card to his mom that the boys signed. I guess I don't have it in me to be mean.
    I view that as a situation where it doesn't hurt to send the card. She's the boys' grandma, so it's best to be civil. As for the aunt, why was the check addressed to you, not your H? I agree, it's his job to tell his family, but I doubt he will :-/

• melody921 said:
    H's aunt sent a Christmas card addressed to him, myself and our family, with a check inside addressed to me for $30. I had already decided I wasn't wasting my Christmas cards on H's family, if he wanted to send some out he was welcome to. I ended up sending a Christmas card to the aunt (our Christmas card is a picture of myself and the boys, saying "merry Christmas 2014 love holly, Keagan and Colby") and I included the check in the envelope. I'm already dreading the facebook message that i know I will be getting once she receives it. It's not my responsibility to tell HIS family that we are no longer together. Bah humbug. I DID however send a generic Christmas card to his mom that the boys signed. I guess I don't have it in me to be mean.
    I view that as a situation where it doesn't hurt to send the card. She's the boys' grandma, so it's best to be civil. As for the aunt, why was the check addressed to you, not your H? I agree, it's his job to tell his family, but I doubt he will :-/

I guess I should add that MIL has been nothing but a ragey bitch to me for the past three months, to the point that she won't even acknowledge me even if I ask her a direct question in a room full of people. So I really had to make a conscious effort to send that card. But I just keep telling myself I am the bigger person.

My guess is the aunt doesn't know that we split because she always makes the checks out to me since I handle the finances, the card itself was addressed to DH, me, and our family.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"