March 2015 Moms
Options

These are a few of my favorite things... (fri random)

2»

Re: These are a few of my favorite things... (fri random)

• Options
    So... I decided to start pregnancy journaling and now I am ugly crying because I just love this little guy so much and am getting all sappy in my writing. NOT helping my congestion today! But, I think I might continue with it, should be fun to look back at someday.
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since March 2014
    BFP 6/23/2014
    EDD: 3/3/2015 BOY! Connor James

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Went to Walgreens to pick up my son's tamiflu and they had trouble finding his policy information and how much his medicine would be. He has Blue Cross Blue Shield Texas through his dad who lives and works in Hawaii. The pharmacist had to call and first they told her his plan wasn't active and after about 20 minutes on the phone she hangs up and tells me he has an active plan but no pharmacy coverage. Wtf?? I've had so much trouble with his insurance from day one. On top of that his Dad tells me he doesn't have vision or dental because we don't live in Hawaii. Can that be right or is he bullshitting me? ? I text his dad to tell him whats going on and all he says is "hmm, I have med coverage. " No ill check into it or let me send you some money to help. Nothing. she then tells me since he has no insurance the tamiflu is $295 out of pocket! !! I can't afford that! So I was on the verge of tears and almost crying when I told her to cancel the prescription because I can't afford it. I feel like a horrible mother not being able to get him the medicine.

I'm not familiar with the flu, but he hasn't had a fever at all today and he's been playing, running around, and eating like himself. He's been sneezing ans stuff y but generally acting like himself. No fussiness or whininess. I've never had the flu buy I thought he'd be miserable. Could he have been misdiagnosed or has it just not hit him hard yet? ? Sorry if I sound naive. I just feel so bad for not being able to give him what he needs =(
  • Options
    Woop woop! Just ordered some baby washcloths to use as wipes. DH finally gave the go ahead to try cloth wipes after I was gushing over how much we've saved since switching to CDs a few years ago. I think I am overly excited about cleaning poopy butts with cloth... :-?
    I think we are going to switch to cloth wipes. I'm just tired of spending.
    We cd'd with my son and used cloth wipes. I plan on doing the same with this next little guy especially since they found B. cepacia in disposable baby wipes. 

My favorite things? Currently - Call of the Midwife on Netflix, chocolate lactaid, and watching my son swim. I'm not even going to humble brag I will just brag. The kid should have been born with gills. He is 4.5 and his freestyle is better than mine has ever been. His breast stroke is coming along as is his back stroke. 
  • Options
    @djoliet‌ that doesn't sound right to me. If he's covered under his dad's policy that should include everything. Can you ask his dad to send you a copy of the entire overview of the plan? Everything should be outlined in there. Or get on his dad's ass to call the insurance and figure out what's going on. Has he never needed meds before?
  • Options
    I just got my rhogam shot. What a week- 2 blood draws, glucose test and now my shot. I'm glad I'm getting all of this stuff done! I'm just counting down for 3 more weeks til we can check on the CP cyst in his brain and praying it cleared up. I haven't been actively worried about it but I would just feel such a relief to know it's gone and he's 100% healthy. And of course seeing how much he's grown won't be bad either!

Also happy weekend everyone! we have some last minute Christmas shopping to do but I really don't think we should spend too much cause we've had a bunch of huge unexpected bills the past few weeks and I just wanna get caught up. We are def filing our taxes like, January 2nd to get that return in our account ASAP lol
  • Options
    @janda426 his dad is ex navy so he used to be covered by Tricare. He works at Pearl Harbor as a ship contractor now and gets his insurance through his company. It's in our divorce decree he provides insurance for my son so he added him to his policy. This is the first time he's been sick since getting on Blue Cross and off Tricare so today was the first time I've tried to use it for medication
  • Options
    Hawaii does have straage coverage options. I only know this because DH works for a national company and their health plans are always separate. As in everyone else in the United States gets one plan and Hawaii gets their own plan. Your sons father needs to call his insurance and figure it out. It sounds like your son is doing well, but you need to know for future reference. Tamiflu is most effective if started in the first 24 hours. 
  • Options
    @janda426 My next us is in 3 weeks too, to check the same thing. GL!
  • Options
    kcbizme said:

@janda426 My next us is in 3 weeks too, to check the same thing. GL!

Thanks, you too!
  • Options
    djoliet said:

@janda426 his dad is ex navy so he used to be covered by Tricare. He works at Pearl Harbor as a ship contractor now and gets his insurance through his company. It's in our divorce decree he provides insurance for my son so he added him to his policy. This is the first time he's been sick since getting on Blue Cross and off Tricare so today was the first time I've tried to use it for medication

In my personal experience I've found horizon blue cross to have better coverage than tricare (maybe just my area) but it's been a while since I've dealt with insurances. Either way his dad needs to make some calls and figure out why only certain people on the plan get full coverage while others don't. That doesn't make sense
  • Options
    mwerren said:

Still at the mall. This place is beyond packed. My own fault for waiting until the last minute to Christmas shop. The plus side is because I'm obviously pregnant now, everyone is letting me cut to the front of the line. And a store employee even took my first round of bags out to my car. Pregnancy has its perks.

Ive had some people be nice this holiday season too! It's nice to see decent people are out there :)
    Also, I've taken advantage of expectant mother parking too

Married the love of my life: 5-17-14

BFP:6-27-14

EDD:3-11-15

Step Mom to Z: 4-11-06

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

• Options
    Why is work always busy on Friday evening? It's a good excuse for me not to go to my H's gym Xmas party, but still.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Options
    Ugh, ladies. I'm so pissed right now. I just got an e-mail back from the tutoring company I interviewed with on Monday. They are going with someone else because they are more "flexible". I can't help but be pissed because I'm being discriminated against because I'm pregnant. I have the experience, and currently very flexible- I could do the times they wanted, AND MORE. I just told them I could have to take off 2-3 weeks in March for the birth and recovery of my baby. Which, they seemed OK with when I was interviewed. In the e-mail he also says "If you're looking for a position at the end of the year, you are more than welcome to contact me. I'm sure we will have more positions open then."

Screw you buddy. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Options
    @cafecreme I am so sorry that really angers me.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Options
    ruemorganruemorgan member
    edited December 2014
    Haha I just realised this was written on my fridge. My DH says its been there atleast a month.
    "In the fridge no one can hear you scream"
    Weirdo
  • Options
    sunset30 said:

At my 3 hour glucose test this morning. After hearing all about how bad that juice is, I actually don't mind it. Not that I would want to drink it all the time but I didn't think it (or the one hour juice) was bad.

Sucks sitting in the waiting room for so long. Wish they could give you results instantly. I am too impatient to wait! I'm dreaming of what lunch to have now once it's all over. Thinking of chipotle- yum!

I didn't mind it either!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"