September 2012 Moms

TGIF FFFC

2»

Re: TGIF FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • I always make appetizers for Christmas Eve with my family.
    This year I've been put in charge of dessert.

I H A T E baking.  And there are 22 people, so it's not like I can just make a delicious pie and call it a day.  FYI, pie is the only dessert I am completely awesome at.  Now I'm going to spend the rest of the day scouring Pinterest for something delicious that isn't 600 steps and full of obscure ingredients I'll only use once.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

I H A T E baking.  And there are 22 people, so it's not like I can just make a delicious pie and call it a day.  FYI, pie is the only dessert I am completely awesome at.  Now I'm going to spend the rest of the day scouring Pinterest for something delicious that isn't 600 steps and full of obscure ingredients I'll only use once.
    Peanut butter pies! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ethan's future wife that I posted a picture of on IG, whenever I bring them up DH and his parents are all "He has lots of time to get a real girlfriend, he'll never end up with her."  It's not because they're being realistic.  It's because they're uncomfortable with the idea of black and white people being together.  Yes, even DH.  It makes me angry, and they all know that I think they're wrong and had better never say something to the boys about it.  My response when it comes to this little girl "But she's adorable and wouldn't it be so cute if he met his wife in preschool!"  She's adorable and I don't care one bit what she looks like.

I would prefer my boys not be gay, but from the over protective mama side that doesn't want them having to deal with any extra shit in life from ignorant assholes.  I'd be totally cool with it, and I wouldn't love them any less.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    edited December 2014
    kelbel527 said:
    OK - my not a confession, but random complaint.  I have a common name.  First and last.  There is someone that works at the same company as me with the same name, but she spells her first name differently.  

If you work at a big company with the potential of two employees with the same name, you should double check who you are sending things to, especially if it's highly confidential!!  I'm working on a project that's fairly top-secret around here (and it may not go past the idea stage) and someone sent an email about it to the wrong person.  It's not the first time she's received confidential info.  I've also received emails about personnel type things that are meant for her.  Luckily we work in 2 different states so I have no idea who these people are, but I just wish people would be more careful with email.

It also makes me wish I never changed my last name when I got married...but DH would have never gone for it.

I have this problem. There are 4 of us at my company. 2 of us are VPs and have somewhat similar job titles in the system even though we are in completely different orgs. I get something meant for her at least weekly. We do not know each other but luckily work well together and immediately flip things to each other that were wrongly sent.
    But I still prefer having the uber common name to spelling my name on every single conf call or anytime time someone needed my email address.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1 said:
    kelbel527 said:
    OK - my not a confession, but random complaint.  I have a common name.  First and last.  There is someone that works at the same company as me with the same name, but she spells her first name differently.  

If you work at a big company with the potential of two employees with the same name, you should double check who you are sending things to, especially if it's highly confidential!!  I'm working on a project that's fairly top-secret around here (and it may not go past the idea stage) and someone sent an email about it to the wrong person.  It's not the first time she's received confidential info.  I've also received emails about personnel type things that are meant for her.  Luckily we work in 2 different states so I have no idea who these people are, but I just wish people would be more careful with email.

It also makes me wish I never changed my last name when I got married...but DH would have never gone for it.

I have this problem. There are 4 of us at my company. 2 of us are VPs and have somewhat similar job titles in the system even though we are in completely different orgs. I get something meant for her at least weekly. We do not know each other but luckily work well together and immediately flip things to each other that were wrongly sent.
    But I still prefer having the uber common name to spelling my name on every single conf call or anytime time someone needed my email address.
    As someone who is called "Melissa" almost daily, or who gets emails from students & coworkers alike who can't spell MARISA properly, both sides are pretty annoying--common names and apparently not common names like Marisa, which I always thought was pretty normal.

Also, the main Dean I work with & I have the same initials. The first 5 letters of our emails are the same.  Thankfully the only people who seem to screw it up are the instructors, and it's usually an issue I also have to deal with. :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• jenndub said:
    I have a FFFC. At Thanksgiving, the kids were all painting Christmas ornaments at DH's grandparents' cabin. Beckett was painting his purple. DH's annoying uncle told Becks to stop using the purple and pick a man's color. Beckett said that purple is his favorite color and the stupid uncle turned to me and said, "You need to nip that in the bud or he's going to turn into a real queer." To which I replied,"Oh, I know. He going to suck so many dicks. Because he loves purple..." Now his stupid uncle is expecting me to apologize because I offended HIM. I'm being really stubborn and refusing to apologize. I'm offended for multiple reasons. He should be apologizing to me. Using purple paint won't make anyone gay. And if my son is gay, I don't want anyone telling him that's wrong.
    I think you should apologize...buy getting him a bright purple tie for Christmas. Wait, is that not a genuine apology? Ohsosorry.
  • kelbel527 said:
    Guys, DH's cousin and his wife just announced their baby girl's name. T.h.o.m.i.l.e.i.g.h. Someone help me understand. Is this a real name and I've just never heard it before?
    Never heard of it.  I'm not even sure how to pronounce it?
    Holy cannoli, I read this to be pronounced Tommy Lee.  Like Tommy Lee Jones.  Are they fans? I just gigglesnorted.  Sorry, but that's funny.
  • Hyaline said:
    kelbel527 said:
    Guys, DH's cousin and his wife just announced their baby girl's name. T.h.o.m.i.l.e.i.g.h. Someone help me understand. Is this a real name and I've just never heard it before?
    Never heard of it.  I'm not even sure how to pronounce it?
    Holy cannoli, I read this to be pronounced Tommy Lee.  Like Tommy Lee Jones.  Are they fans? I just gigglesnorted.  Sorry, but that's funny.

They're in their mid- 20's and, judging by their wedding music and what little I know about them, I don't think so. It's so bizarre.

Marie Callendar's Dutch Apple Pie with french vanilla ice cream. OMG. I'm in charge of dessert tomorrow night for our early Christmas celebration with my brother's family. I'm "making" this and doing the Chocolate Satin Pie. Then I'm calling it a day. I've had too much going on to slave in the stove over pies.

• hmp1 said:
    kelbel527 said:

I feel like I had a good mix with my maiden name.  My first name is common, but my last name was a little less common, but short and easy to spell.  People got it pretty quickly.  

And even though my name is common now, my first name is not spelled like you'd traditionally spell, so I usually need to spell it anyway.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• @shiggybop, do you mind PM-ing that recipe to me?  I found one for a Peppermint Brownie Stack that I'm thinking of making, but would love the pie recipe too!!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• @jenndub Shut the fuck up.  I wish I had the balls to reply the way you do.  That is crazy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Winn told DH that she needed to go to Target on the way to daycare this morning.  =))
    Our closest Target is 1 hour away and everytime I mention going to the store he says its Target. "I go to Target. I get popacorn"(<-his way of saying popcorn.) He gets it when we go because it's a rare treat, maybe one time a month if that. He doesn't forget.

• Pokedot said:
    I always make appetizers for Christmas Eve with my family.

Marie Callendar's Dutch Apple Pie with french vanilla ice cream. OMG. I'm in charge of dessert tomorrow night for our early Christmas celebration with my brother's family. I'm "making" this and doing the Chocolate Satin Pie. Then I'm calling it a day. I've had too much going on to slave in the stove over pies.
    I tried the Marie Callendar's Coconut Cream and it was awesome!! I normally love baking but lately I'm just not into it and have been doing store bought. It's totally worth it.
  • shiggybop said:
    Well that was akward. My mil broke our microwave the last time she was out in august and ordered a new one last week as mh's birthday present @-) They came to install it today and got there an hour early without calling because she gave the wrong number. They got to see me braless, no deodorant with a milk-soaked shirt. HAWT
    I'm sure they've seen worse. I'm like that 100% of the time minus the milky shirt when I'm home. I practially take my bra off at the door :) Also way to give something as a gift that you broke in the first place haha!

• Winn told DH that she needed to go to Target on the way to daycare this morning.  =))
    Hannah does this all the time. I love it.

• Vendor who is drinking scotch with our CEO in the lounge right outside of my office, blasting music:

"Sam, what are you doing here so late on a Friday night?"

I am trying so hard not to be a bitch..... BUT IT IS 3:30!!!  WHAT THE FUCK.

Also, they offered me a dirty martini (WTF) and just two hours ago CEO bit my head off because he didn't have time to talk to me, for 5 minutes, about the law we're submitting today, that's costing us $80k.  I AM SO MAD I'M SWEATING.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I was supposed to get my nexplanon removed this morning, but ended up agreeing to give antibiotics another go at stopping the bleeding completely.

I'm still bleeding 5m PP, guys.

• BPer said:
    I was supposed to get my nexplanon removed this morning, but ended up agreeing to give antibiotics another go at stopping the bleeding completely.

WTH are antibiotics going to do to stop that?!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• BPer said:
    I was supposed to get my nexplanon removed this morning, but ended up agreeing to give antibiotics another go at stopping the bleeding completely.

That was my thought!  Jeebus!

• BPer said:

That was my thought!  Jeebus!
    Well, as the nexplanon is progesterone only, she first tried different forms of estrogen to get it to slow down.

I used a nuvaring, and then an estrogen supplement, neither of which really helped.  I was still gushing blood, it was ridiculous.

So when I went in to see what else we could do, she did an u/s and saw that I had some endometritis going on.

Long story short, I was apparently 2 seconds pregnant when I had this thing inserted, way too soon to be picked up by a test, and because I was cramping and bleeding anyway, I didn't realize that I was actually miscarrying after it was put in. They picked up on this when they did a round of blood work to verify I wasn't like bleeding out and super anemic.

So basically my uterine lining was all inflamed, and the antibiotic helped that, and slowed the bleeding a lot, to where it's basically just spotting now.  So we are doing another round of the antibiotic to see if it will knock it out entirely, and if not I'll have it removed.

...but yeah, without the background it doesn't really make sense. Haha.

• mhanson18 said:

So, is this a random thread too? I'm just going to post my thoughts. :)

We're going to get a new vehicle after the New Year. Some type of SUV. Right now hubs drives a Chevy Blazer. I drive a teeny weeny Focus.

DH's blazer has been struggling for a few years, so it's time, especially with #2 on the way. In my mind it makes sense for ME to have this new vehicle, because I am with the child (soon to be children) 98% of the day. But of course, HE wants it, because we are getting rid of his blazer, and being 6'7" he barely clears the roof of my car. Which, I get too. But c'mon. How do I make my case against that?

I really feel like a bigger vehicle for me and the kiddos is best for safety reasons, you know?! Better than a Focus that can get squashed in seconds.

ETA: Whenever I bring it up with DH, he's always like "We can figure it out later."

Ugh. That doesn't help.

When DH and I bought our new car we talked about how it wasn't his or mine, but the 'family car' the one that would be used to transport the kids and dog. So when we picked our new car it was for safety, ability to deal wit winter roads in MN, size of backseat, size of cargo area, all things that the FAMILY needed. We also decided that we were only going to have carseats in that car and who ever had that car had to do drop-off and pick-up (when I was working DD was at my center so we just swapped cars anytime that DH took her home early).

The setup has worked really well for us, DH likes that he can drive his work friends out to lunch in his carseat-free car and then drive the suv with the kids on the weekends. I like that we were able to get a nicer convertible seat for DD1 because we only had to buy one. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

This is Ethan with Dunkin Donuts. "Dunkin Donuts mommy"?

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• danabsddanabsd member
    edited December 2014
    I got nothing. Other add a zero to the $350 a year gym membership and you have our gym/health club. They also have child care. And wine (that's extra) So it's worth it.

• @easite156 your siggy pic is adorable!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"