September 2012 Moms
Options

TGIF FFFC

Re: TGIF FFFC

• Options
    COnfession:  I am eating part of my lunch right now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Ok, I actually have a confession this morning:

I've had two dreams this week about other men.  They're not as scandalous as you'd think.  But I actually think that makes me feel worse.  It was about the excitement of being attracted to them and starting a relationship with them.  One is someone I know IRL and I am NOT at all attracted to.  The other was a made-up dream person.  But twice in one week?  WTH.  And despite being a dream, I feel guilty.  

And my marriage is actually in a pretty good place right now, so I have no idea why I'm having these dreams!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    OK - my not a confession, but random complaint.  I have a common name.  First and last.  There is someone that works at the same company as me with the same name, but she spells her first name differently.  

If you work at a big company with the potential of two employees with the same name, you should double check who you are sending things to, especially if it's highly confidential!!  I'm working on a project that's fairly top-secret around here (and it may not go past the idea stage) and someone sent an email about it to the wrong person.  It's not the first time she's received confidential info.  I've also received emails about personnel type things that are meant for her.  Luckily we work in 2 different states so I have no idea who these people are, but I just wish people would be more careful with email.

It also makes me wish I never changed my last name when I got married...but DH would have never gone for it.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options

FFFC: I called my husband a pussy to a guy I work with out of frustration the other day. DH is amazing in all aspects but he's got some phobias that I want to say stem from his bat shit crazy mother. They aren't exactly weird phobias but...he hates flying like to the point of an almost panic attack. Ok get it we don't fly often at all. Then when we were in Mexico he wanted to snorkel so bad so we did. He almost got sick in the water and he's not a strong swimmer so I was dragging him with me. It kind of ruined it for me. I feel awful for saying it but at the time that's how I felt. I feel like sometimes I wear the proverbial pants in the relationship. I'm a horrible wife.

• Options
    I'm sitting st Social Security. I'm trying to drop off an envelope for a disabled client. I know nothing about the paperwork inside, yet still our inefficient government is making me sit in a very crowded waiting room to "talk" to someone because they won't let me just drop it off. Our tax dollars at work. Be proud. :-?
  • Options

My day so far has gone well. It's 9:15am so it's not like it's been a full day but DC drop off for B was fantastic today. He's never taken off his stuff and yelled bye to me before. Today was the day! It felt so good not dropping off a clingy, crying child. I get he doesn't go often. He's usually there 1x a week but with vacation and DH getting forced to work yesterday and today he's been there a lot. I think it's because one of his friends was back.

Also IMO if you are dropping off your child, no matter how late you are you should at least help them in the door and have an exchange of words. B goes to an IHDC so it's not like it's a big facility. One of the boys who's about 3.5 got dropped off by his principle dad this morning when I was there. Literally opened the door for the kid and walked away. He was in full snow gear. I felt so bad for him. Meanwhile I'm trying to get my kids attention.

• Options
    I'm annoyed with Amazon right now.  I added my student email address to my account so that when my Prime membership expires at the end of January I can get the reduced rate for renewal.  Well I didn't know this, but adding my student email cancelled my current Prime membership and set me up for a six month trial of Prime Student.  Cool, but now we can't watch Prime Instant Video.  Not a huge deal, but the boys love it.  Well I've exchanged three emails with customer service that cannot understand that I don't care about the Prime Student membership right now.  I paid for a year of service, that ends at the end of January, I want to use the membership I paid for.  I know it's only a month, but still.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    I was just entering my My Coke Rewards points, and I got a free code for a Shutterfly calendar.  So for those of you that make calendars and have MCR, you may want to see if you get a free code too.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    Pokedot said:

My day so far has gone well. It's 9:15am so it's not like it's been a full day but DC drop off for B was fantastic today. He's never taken off his stuff and yelled bye to me before. Today was the day! It felt so good not dropping off a clingy, crying child. I get he doesn't go often. He's usually there 1x a week but with vacation and DH getting forced to work yesterday and today he's been there a lot. I think it's because one of his friends was back.

Also IMO if you are dropping off your child, no matter how late you are you should at least help them in the door and have an exchange of words. B goes to an IHDC so it's not like it's a big facility. One of the boys who's about 3.5 got dropped off by his principle dad this morning when I was there. Literally opened the door for the kid and walked away. He was in full snow gear. I felt so bad for him. Meanwhile I'm trying to get my kids attention.

This exact thing happened at Ethan's DC yesterday. A dad and kid were walking into class behind us do I held the door. The dad says "We are ok. Bye _______!" and walks out. The kid walked in and just stood there with his coat, hat and bag. I felt bad for him.
  • Options
    Pokedot said:

There are some parents like this in our daycare (which is a big center).  They had to send out an email asking that all parents come inside and make sure the teacher sees them before leaving.  Kids were just randomly showing up in the room and the teachers didn't see them come in to sign them in (this is in a 4K room where you have 20+ kids).

I always spend at least 5 minutes playing with Aedan when I drop him off, but he's usually engrossed in an activity by the time I leave and barely sees me leave.  I always make him give me hugs and kisses though.  I'm a mean mom like that.  ;)

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    kelbel527kelbel527 member
    edited December 2014
    OK, apparently I have a second confession today:

I worry about my Mom a lot.  She just stopped working (for health reasons) and she lives by herself.  Not only does she have some health problems (not enough to stop her from living by herself) but she also has a history of hurting herself.  Last night she didn't show up for something and this morning my brother and I are trying to track her down to make sure she's ok.  (She is - she just forgot).  

Then I often feel like it is unfair that I have to worry about my Mom so much at such a young age (she's only 52).  Shouldn't it be the other way around?  Then I feel bad for being selfish.  I just wish she would take better care of herself, a lot of her heath could be improved if she took more interest in being healthier.  

ETA: (and clearly I'm the only one slacking off this morning - since this thread is pretty quiet ;) )

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    Guys, DH's cousin and his wife just announced their baby girl's name. T.h.o.m.i.l.e.i.g.h. Someone help me understand. Is this a real name and I've just never heard it before?
    Never heard of it.  I'm not even sure how to pronounce it?

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    I'm annoyed with Amazon right now.  I added my student email address to my account so that when my Prime membership expires at the end of January I can get the reduced rate for renewal.  Well I didn't know this, but adding my student email cancelled my current Prime membership and set me up for a six month trial of Prime Student.  Cool, but now we can't watch Prime Instant Video.  Not a huge deal, but the boys love it.  Well I've exchanged three emails with customer service that cannot understand that I don't care about the Prime Student membership right now.  I paid for a year of service, that ends at the end of January, I want to use the membership I paid for.  I know it's only a month, but still.
    Usually Amazon is so good with customer service too.  That's annoying.  My boys love the prime video.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    kelbel527 said:
    Guys, DH's cousin and his wife just announced their baby girl's name. T.h.o.m.i.l.e.i.g.h. Someone help me understand. Is this a real name and I've just never heard it before?
    Umm.. I'm going to guess, T.o.m.i.l.e.i.g.h. It's like they put the name Tom and Leigh together. Never heard of it. What is with people?

• Options
    Pokedot said:
    kelbel527 said:
    Umm.. I'm going to guess, T.o.m.i.l.e.i.g.h. It's like they put the name Tom and Leigh together. Never heard of it. What is with people?
    Is it after the Tommy Lee of Motley Crew? 

@kelbel527 Does she see a therapist?  Do you guys have a safety plan in place for if she's thinking about hurting herself?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FYI, I was liking @MRoxy0628 comment about Tommy Lee, not about @kelbel527's Mom.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    SIL texted me last Friday about a gift for FIL for Christmas.  That's not my area.  DH handles that. And since their relationship isn't in a good place, I doubt he had thought about it at all.

FIL wants a gym membership to this fancy gym in the area.  With towel service, it's $350 a year.  Uh.  Yea, I'm not splitting that with you.  I wouldn't spend that on my own Mother, who is incredible and amazing and actually gives a shit about us.  SIL seemed kind of put off that we declined.  First off, my FIL is disabled.  He wants to go there for the pool, sauna and tanning.  You're 59 years old.  Don't start tanning.  That's bizarre in itself.

Also, he's not even coming to Christmas because this is a "hard time of  year for him" because he doesn't have a girlfriend.  F you.  He moved home from Florida to "be closer to family" and he doesn't even show up for family things?  FFS.  This is why I let DH deal with it.  Because if I turned my filter off and said even 1/2 the things I really think none of them would ever talk to me again.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    kelbel527 said:

I think it rhymes with homily. I have no idea where it came from. Their other daughter's name is London, so I'm not sure why they made such a big leap unless it's for a male relative whose name they want to use, but can't because they have two girls.
  • Options
    starrysmile18starrysmile18 member
    edited December 2014

So, is this a random thread too? I'm just going to post my thoughts. :)

We're going to get a new vehicle after the New Year. Some type of SUV. Right now hubs drives a Chevy Blazer. I drive a teeny weeny Focus.

DH's blazer has been struggling for a few years, so it's time, especially with #2 on the way. In my mind it makes sense for ME to have this new vehicle, because I am with the child (soon to be children) 98% of the day. But of course, HE wants it, because we are getting rid of his blazer, and being 6'7" he barely clears the roof of my car. Which, I get too. But c'mon. How do I make my case against that?

I really feel like a bigger vehicle for me and the kiddos is best for safety reasons, you know?! Better than a Focus that can get squashed in seconds.

ETA: Whenever I bring it up with DH, he's always like "We can figure it out later."

Ugh. That doesn't help.

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mhanson18 said:

We're going to get a new vehicle after the New Year. Some type of SUV. Right now hubs drives a Chevy Blazer. I drive a teeny weeny Focus.

DH's blazer has been struggling for a few years, so it's time, especially with #2 on the way. In my mind it makes sense for ME to have this new vehicle, because I am with the child (soon to be children) 98% of the day. But of course, HE wants it, because we are getting rid of his blazer, and being 6'7" he barely clears the roof of my car. Which, I get too. But c'mon. How do I make my case against that?

I really feel like a bigger vehicle for me and the kiddos is best for safety reasons, you know?! Better than a Focus that can get squashed in seconds.

Dude you win. Does he have a long commute that being the car for a lenghty time would be uncomfortable? I drive a Ford Edge and DH drives a Toyota Camry Hybrid. Ha! Clearly I won the "I get the bigger car" argument. I'd just explain that for safety reason the newer car makes sense for you. He can't argue with the safety of his wife and children. Throw a tear in for good measure ;)

• Options
    LOL !!! Thanks @Pokedot. He's got a 25-30 min commute. Same as me. He can deal with that!!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mhanson18, we got a new car when #2 was on the way, but it was DHs car we replaced because mine, although it's a teeny, tiny Carolla and I can't drive with a passenger anymore due to the car seats in the back seat is in great condition & gets great gas mileage.  I drove his car while I was home on ML because I was with the kids all day, but going back to my own car was fine.  We take DHs car whenever we're doing something as a family, or whenever we go somewhere with the kids that isn't just to the sitter's house.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    DH drives the family vehicle. We both work though. I think if I was home with the kids all day we may do something different but, as is, I prefer my small civic due to the fuel efficiency and the ease of parking it in the city I work in. On the weekends we always use DH's car when we go out as a family.
  • Options
    mhanson18 said:

ETA: Whenever I bring it up with DH, he's always like "We can figure it out later."

Ugh. That doesn't help.

umm how do you even own a focus with such a tall husband?!?!?!

My husband is about two inches shorter than yours and once we started living together / were married and my car from college was totaled (a Pontiac sunfire) I had to get a bigger car so he could fit in it. Which is the car I have now, a Nissan altima. A huge adjustment for me who loved my small car!

and i must say car shopping with him is not a fun time - many cars we walked away from b/c they would be a two seater!!  We were just shopping for a new car for me as our roads at our new house just are plowed in time so it requires both of us to 4WD or AWD SUV's I think I saw / test drove 15 cars this time and the one I wanted, the Mazda cx5 he didn't fit in.  I finally settled on a Honda CRV and then poof work tells me I might not have a job, so our car buying is on hold.

but moral of the story, yes you should have new car.  you need two cars that he fits in comfortably and more room for the kiddos.  :)
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    kelbel527 said:
    Ok, I actually have a confession this morning:

I've had two dreams this week about other men.  They're not as scandalous as you'd think.  But I actually think that makes me feel worse.  It was about the excitement of being attracted to them and starting a relationship with them.  One is someone I know IRL and I am NOT at all attracted to.  The other was a made-up dream person.  But twice in one week?  WTH.  And despite being a dream, I feel guilty.  

And my marriage is actually in a pretty good place right now, so I have no idea why I'm having these dreams!
    FFFC: I don't feel guilty if I have a sex dream about another man, I just don't mention that dream to DH. 

Usually I only have dreams like that if I haven't been spending enough time with DH- happened all the time when I was deployed.  I definitely don't think it means anything negative about your marriage if you have weird sex dreams though!
  • Options
    Last night MIL asked if I was in second tri yet.  Her jaw dropped when I said I'm 31w.  She thought I was around "16 or 17 weeks at most" - LOL my stomach looks like a basketball, which she seemed to notice for the first time last night (we see them a few times a week??).  She was completely caught off guard with wide eyes and stammering.

FFFC: I feel pretty happy because she felt bad.  DH apologized later for calling me psycho when I've laughingly mentioned that she is going to be shocked when we have a baby in 2 months.

Every time we're around her, she corners me and talks AT me, all about SIL/her life.  Then when I say anything, she ignores me while looking on her phone for a picture of SIL/grandbaby to show me.  Then she finds one and cuts off my conversation to show me and either walks away or makes the conversation about herself again.  She always asks me about work and then starts a conversation with someone else when I'm mid-sentence.  I just stop talking and walk away; it's the only way she notices she's completely ignoring me.  She honestly knows nothing about me and her attempts to ask me questions are so disingenuous.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    @shiggybop I am only liking because I can relate. I feel your pain.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I freaking fell on the back porch this morning and I am a wreck. Ouch. I hate winter.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I bought my focus after I graduated, so it's my baby. Paid for and all mine, and he *fits* but just barely because he ducks a little. LOL That sounds so pathetic as I type.

I'd love to throw them both out the window and get 2 newer ones, but that's not in the cards for us at this moment, and my focus works perfectly fine.

We'll hash it out, and I'm almost certain I'll win this battle, but it's annoying me a little.

I just ate an orange and a graham cracker and now I want to eat my taco salad I brought for lunch. I'm starving, yo.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited December 2014
    MIL is a lot like my dad, actually.  I tell him things and he never hears them.  They have too much going on their heads, but what's funny is I do, too.  I have to try really hard to be a good listener, good friend, good daughter, etc.  It would be nice if they made an effort.

• Options
    MRoxy0628 said:

@kelbel527 Does she see a therapist?  Do you guys have a safety plan in place for if she's thinking about hurting herself?
    @Mroxy0628 - She doesn't see a therapist but said she's going to start, due to a new diagnosis that I think they are basically making her see one.  She hasn't hurt herself in about 15 years, but it's always in the back of my mind.  Especially since that is how she lost her Dad.  

We don't have a safety plan in place, we should probably think about that.  Now that she stopped working, I worry more that she isn't accountable to someone every day.  So if something happens, how long will it be since someone talked to her?  I think my siblings and I need a daily plan to make sure someone at least texts her once a day.

Sorry for all the family drama today.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    kelbel527 said:
    MRoxy0628 said:

@Mroxy0628 - She doesn't see a therapist but said she's going to start, due to a new diagnosis that I think they are basically making her see one.  She hasn't hurt herself in about 15 years, but it's always in the back of my mind.  Especially since that is how she lost her Dad.  

We don't have a safety plan in place, we should probably think about that.  Now that she stopped working, I worry more that she isn't accountable to someone every day.  So if something happens, how long will it be since someone talked to her?  I think my siblings and I need a daily plan to make sure someone at least texts her once a day.

Don't be sorry. That would be really scary. I should be praying every day that nothing ever happens to my dad or I would be in this same position except my mom would probably show up on my doorstep with my brother in tow and I would be stuck trying to deal with both of them. OMG, it would be awful. I think a safety plan is a really good idea. Does she have a neighbor or someone you are friendly with close by that can also check in on her?
  • Options
    jenndub said:
    I have a FFFC. At Thanksgiving, the kids were all painting Christmas ornaments at DH's grandparents' cabin. Beckett was painting his purple. DH's annoying uncle told Becks to stop using the purple and pick a man's color. Beckett said that purple is his favorite color and the stupid uncle turned to me and said, "You need to nip that in the bud or he's going to turn into a real queer." To which I replied,"Oh, I know. He going to suck so many dicks. Because he loves purple..." Now his stupid uncle is expecting me to apologize because I offended HIM. I'm being really stubborn and refusing to apologize. I'm offended for multiple reasons. He should be apologizing to me. Using purple paint won't make anyone gay. And if my son is gay, I don't want anyone telling him that's wrong.
    I wish I had the quick wit to say something like that.  Good for you! I would absolutely not apologize.  

I know my ILs aren't extremely comfortable with homosexuality.  I don't know what they would say or do if any of their grandsons were gay.  But I make it clear enough in front of them how OK I am with it and both my siblings bring their partners around the ILs pretty frequently, that they know well enough not to say anything in front of me.  My biggest fear is that they will say something in front of my boys someday and shatter their innocence.  At this age, they have no idea that people think there is anything wrong with two men or two women.  They see it everyday in our family, so they have no reason to question it. 

I also make it very clear that I don't think there is anything wrong with liking traditional girl colors/toys/activities etc.  I even put baby-doll accessories on Aedan's wish list for Christmas.  I know ILs won't be the first one out buying that.  ;)

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    kelbel527kelbel527 member
    edited December 2014
    kelbel527 said:
    MRoxy0628 said:

Don't be sorry. That would be really scary. I should be praying every day that nothing ever happens to my dad or I would be in this same position except my mom would probably show up on my doorstep with my brother in tow and I would be stuck trying to deal with both of them. OMG, it would be awful. I think a safety plan is a really good idea. Does she have a neighbor or someone you are friendly with close by that can also check in on her?
    Unfortunately, no.  But our new house will be 5 minutes from her, so I will feel better when we are in close proximity.  My Nana is also pretty overprotective and although I know it will drive my Mom crazy, but I expect she'll be doing a lot of random visits.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"