April 2013 Moms

"Normal" sleep habits

Hi All, Just popping in officially for the first time in, gee, over a year and a half! I am an A13 mom to a son and due with our next any day now. Always here checking things out but never posting. Thanks for all of the advice I come across though! I'm posting not for advice, but to see how similar or different our toddlers are sleeping. With the impending arrival on the way I am always concerned about the adjustment we are in for and it's helpful to hear about other's versions of normal. Normal sleep in our house is DS to bed around 730-8 which can take forever right now and requires me to hold his hand until falling asleep completely. He sleeps in his crib but with the front down and only a guard rail since he was flinging himself out. Usually by midnight he is happily in our bed sleeping until morning. We all get sleep, we get to fall asleep in our own rooms, and then we wake up rested. What's your normal?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: "Normal" sleep habits

• DD sleeps in her crib from8:30/8ish until 7am DS is almost 3 months and doesn't know what sleep is
  • DS is usually put to bed around 7-7:30pm. Occasionally he will wake up fussing anywhere from 10-11pm, but usually goes right back to sleep after I hold him for a minute or two. He is usually up for the day around 6-7am. 
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• Loading the player...
  • in bed b/w 7 and 7:30 and up anywhere from 7 to 8:45. sometimes he goes to sleep in 5 min and last night he was babbling in his crib until after 8. he still naps about 2 hours a day, but if he goes to the babysitter (once or twice per month) he doesn't nap and those days he may go down earlier than 7. he is in crib and hasn't tried to climb out yet (phew).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My dd goes to bed around 7 pm, goes down awake and cuddles her lovies to sleep. Lately she's been waking around midnight every other night or so, nursing and goin back to sleep, then waking at 4:30ish and needing to come to bed with me or waking for the day depending on her mood. We are meeting a sleep consultant today.
    ~Eme's mama, SAHM, BF, BLW, CD~

• @clgsquared‌ - I miss you! How are things? Sleep hasn't improved I take it?

--sorry for thread hijack--

H no longer has a normal through the night, but bedtime is between 7-7:30. She has been up a ton at night lately. Wake up varies too, but fortunately usually after 6.
  • Good luck with the testing. There are a few mins in the FB group going through that - can try to connect you. I wish you much luck with the baby making. And the sleep!!

And I'm fine. Kids and I have the perpetual winter cold, but otherwise are doing well!
  • @kate_c  I'm stuck in your box!  Things are ok.  Going through testing to check fertility since it's been over 6 months TTC with nothing.  Between that, work, and my wild toddler, I'm pretty preoccupied.  Sleep is starting to get better, I think.  At least he isn't up multiple times in the night (unless ill).  Still a super early riser.  I hope you are well!
    Been There Done that @clgsquared..... Feel free to ping me if you have any questions. Good luck!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"