March 2015 Moms
Options

Wish me luck! **UPDATED**

Joon+Joon+ member
edited December 2014 in March 2015 Moms
Well ladies, I've officially lost my mind or have reached a previously uncharted level of desperation, because tomorrow I am going in for an elective surgery on my derrière.

As has come up in various nether region threads over the months, I have a seriously uptight exit situation that has culminated in three distinct fissures, multiple hemorrhoids, and a skin tag. Going to the bathroom feels like giving birth through the wrong hole - it tears, it bleeds, and I just can't take it anymore. So tomorrow I am going in for a "bilateral sphincterectomy," with the goal of forcing the area to relax a little and allow some healing. Unfortunately, the risk is that it could relax too much and then I'm permanently incontinent. It's supposedly a very small risk, but sufficed to say, I would rather not be buying diapers for both myself and baby or getting a colostomy at age 30.

I know I've written this post in a half-joking tone, but I think that's my coping mechanism for the nerves. Sorry if TMI, but if I can't tell you ladies, who can I? (I know I know, in this case, preferably no one.) Anyway, just hoping for some fingers crossed that surgery goes well, it fixes the problem, and baby is none-the-wiser. Also wondering if anyone else has by chance had this procedure and what their experience was. Thanks in advance

Married the most patient man on the planet:  May 16, 2009
Me:  30; DH:  30

BFP:  June 25, 2014; EDD:  March 9/10, 2015
4 fur babies:  2 dogs & 2 cats

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

Re: Wish me luck! **UPDATED**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"