October 2014 Moms
Options

GTKY: Vacation Location

What is/are your favorite vacation(s) you've ever been on?

We are so excited to grow our family!
DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY: Vacation Location

• Options
    I haven't travelled nearly enough. I've been to Mexico twice and that was fun. I also went to NYC when I was a senior in HS with a girlfriend (her older sister lived there) and that was a blast.

My dream vacation is probably the Dominican Republic. One day.

image         image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It wasn't a vacation but I lived in Seattle for a year and I want to move back there.

BTW, I read the title as vacation lactation. 

Do it.

image         image

• Options
    My favorite was Kauai Hawaii. Heaven! We went for a week when DH was still with the airlines and had benefits. It's still our favorite, even over our honeymoon. Lol
  • Options
    It wasn't a vacation but I lived in Seattle for a year and I want to move back there.

Do it.
    I wish I could! But the job market for DH sucks there. So until it changes we are stuck in Texass

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Do it.

I wish I could! But the job market for DH sucks there. So until it changes we are stuck in Texass

Cost of Living is through the roof here too.

image         image

• Options
    @erawka‌ you should! It's the only place we've been that we just wanted to drive and stare at everything!
    I'm watching this thread for ideas for my next vacation. I'm already going to Seattle for My meet up With @pnwlover12‌ ;-)
  • Options

@erawka‌ you should! It's the only place we've been that we just wanted to drive and stare at everything!
    I'm watching this thread for ideas for my next vacation. I'm already going to Seattle for My meet up With @pnwlover12‌ ;-)

Ready and waiting for you!

image         image

• Options
    My favorite was Huatulco Mexico - we went for our honeymoon and I can't wait to go back!
  • Options
    Sadly, we've never left North America. Italy is my dream destination, but for places we've been, the Oregon coast is my absolute favorite.
  • Options
    rosalie12rosalie12 member
    edited December 2014
    Aruba, without a doubt. :)

• Options
    Witches Rock Surf Camp in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. It's a place for adults (and their kids) to learn how to surf during the day and then just hang around the town at night. Casual, fun, and everyone together in surf school during the day makes for fast vacation friends! It was our last vacation just us, we didn't know at the time though :)
  • Options
    Mine have been South Africa (baby moon), Paris (cliché but so what), and Anguilla.
  • Options
    OBX NC. Love love love the beach!!!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Bermuda. Been twice and can't wait to go back.

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• Options
    CNJ4EVACNJ4EVA member
    edited December 2014
    I've only been on two real vacations; Vegas and a cruise to Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan (Honduras), Belize, and Cozumel. I loved them both so much. <br> <br>  Edit to change lived to loved.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am envious of all the traveling you ladies have done.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Favorite was Beaches in Turks and Caicos, it was an amazing vacation and because it was all inclusive it was so relaxing!
    I love love love St. Marten and we go every year since we have a time share. It's a great time and the kids look forward to it each year (probably not as much as I do)!
    I love vacation!
  • Options

I spent a summer traveling Australia at 16, and it will probably forever be my favorite trip because it got me out of my small town bubble, changed my life a lot and kicked off my wanderlust.

But the summer I spent in Europe when DH and I were engaged is a close second. We were in London for over a month, then Paris, Madrid, Rome and a Mediterranean cruise to Turkey, Greece, Crete and Sicily.

@AmandaJean12‌ spending over a month in London sounds so amazing! Was it already super expensive then?
  • Options
    We went to the Dominican Republic on our honeymoon and it was paradise. We also love Disney world!
    O14 January Signature Challenge- Snow Fails

• Options
    @Cantisa Oh my gosh, that is beautiful!! So jealous!
  • Options
    Internationally, probably Japan. I spent 10 weeks there. So different from American culture but I loved every minute.

Stateside, Colorado is probably my favorite state to visit. So beautiful there. A close second would be the Black Hills in South Dakota. Yes, very touristy but also very beautiful.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I spent a summer traveling Australia at 16, and it will probably forever be my favorite trip because it got me out of my small town bubble, changed my life a lot and kicked off my wanderlust. But the summer I spent in Europe when DH and I were engaged is a close second. We were in London for over a month, then Paris, Madrid, Rome and a Mediterranean cruise to Turkey, Greece, Crete and Sicily.
    @AmandaJean12‌ spending over a month in London sounds so amazing! Was it already super expensive then?
    It was, but we did an international law program there for part of it so we put it all on student loans (not smart, but convenient) and DH's family has a time share so we stayed free. When we are in London I pretend 1 dollar = 1 pound so I can enjoy it, otherwise I would obsess over the ridiculousness of the cost of everything.
  • Options
    Couples Swept Away in Jamaica where we went for our honeymoon. Would love to go back!
  • Options
    Oh Jamaica! We went to sandals white house in Jamaica for our honeymoon. Loved it!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    DH and I studied abroad in Florence, Italy together (we actually got engaged while we were there), so while I'm not sure it counts as a vacation, it's definitely one of my favorite trips!
    photo: YOU CAN&#8217;T SIT WITH US!

• Options
    I really want to visit Prince Edward Island someday. Anyone been there? I need to channel my inner Anne Shirley.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Borocay Philippines was one of the most beautiful beaches and amazing scuba diving I have ever seen.
    The most memorable vacation was to Spain and France with DH. It was our first together.
  • Options
    @MRSclarke08‌ I agree the Philippines has some of the most amazing beaches.
  • Options
    @persephonerose‌ I too read lactation
  • Options
    Dani0329Dani0329 member
    edited December 2014
    I've traveled a bit and I think for me it's a Ross up between Fiji and Curaçao. Both have very friendly locals!

ETA: And by Ross up I mean Toss up

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"