January 2015 Moms

Sunday Randoms!

2»

Re: Sunday Randoms!

• I can't be the only one shaving daily, can I?
    Nope!  I have always shaved every day, and pregnancy hasn't stopped me (at least not yet).  Not sure why- I have very light hair so nobody would even be able to see it on my legs.  It just makes me feel cleaner, I guess!
  • Loading the player...
  • Finally almost home from the IL's. They're pretty great, and they were very sweet with DS this weekend and made good food and wanted to make sure I was comfortable, but I'm just happy to be almost home and able to sleep in our own bed.

We got a Christmas tree today! It was a beautiful day - about 60 degrees, and we had a lot of fun walking around the tree farm. Now to decorate it!

Also I always feel wasteful throwing away our pumpkins from Halloween. If they're not rotten, I may make them into pumpkin butter or just steam them and put them in the freezer for later. It's a shame DH won't eat pumpkin soup or anything savory with pumpkin.
  • MaebbMaebb member
    edited November 2014
    About the shaving - I only shave maybe twice a week in the summer and twice a month in the winter.

This is probably gross and TMI, but DH is doing no shave November, and his beard is getting really gross. After kissing him last night for about 1 second, I was like, "Sorry, I can kiss you until you shave. That's disgusting." I'm ok with with a little stubble, but it's really long now, and it makes me understand why he prefers me to be more neatly groomed down there.
  • mshepherd20mshepherd20 member
    edited December 2014
    mmur76 said:

I can't be the only one shaving daily, can I?

Nope!  I have always shaved every day, and pregnancy hasn't stopped me (at least not yet).  Not sure why- I have very light hair so nobody would even be able to see it on my legs.  It just makes me feel cleaner, I guess!
    --------------------------------------------------

I still shave daily as well, even though it's getting more and more difficult. I have to for three reasons: 1) I have pale skin and dark hair, 2) my legs get itchy if I don't shave them 3) in high school my basketball team decided to not shave until we won a game )we were pretty bad). After a few weeks of not shaving, I dislocated my kneecap in a skiing accident. I was beyond mortified when the ER staff had to cut away my pant legs to reveal my Sasquatch legs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I started getting extremely weak, dizzy, and lightheaded at dinner with my husband tonight. We took separate cars so I had to drive back home by myself but didn't want to until I called the on call doctor to see what to do. I was told he would call me back in 10 minutes. It's been 2 hours. What the fuck?! I understand there could be ladies in labor and with more serious issues but 2 hours is just ridiculous. So I'm still sitting here in the outback parking lot because I'm scared to drive.
    Oh geez! I hope you're ok.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • @VioletGjoni‌ please call them again. That's terrible they didn't call you sooner with all those symptoms.
  • amandad715amandad715 member
    edited December 2014
    Let's see....
    I am usually a daily leg shaver due to the fact that I went to a Catholic school and we had to wear wool skirts for uniforms. I am Italian a with dark hair, so I was always self-conscientious. Now it's just a habit. With pregnancy, my leg hair grows more slowly and not as coarse, so it's definitely a 1x/week affair now. 
    I have a Kuerig Vue that we love WAY more than the original. H likes strong coffee and after years of trying different kcups thinking that was the issue, we upgraded when our Kuerig bit the dust.  The Vue has a "strong" feature that H uses. I'm happy bc my favorite kcup was Caribou and even though the selection for Vue kcups is smaller, they have a Caribou Med Roast that is fantastic. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @VioletGjoni‌, glad you're home and feeling better.

I haven't had to call my OB line other than 2 years ago when I was going into labor with DS, and they were pretty quick about calling me back.

For my pediatrician, they have a 20 minute call-back policy, and when they didn't call me back one time, I was calling them back every 20 minutes like a kitchen timer. I really didn't care if they felt like I was being a bitch; my baby was sick, and I needed to speak with someone. I'd be the same way with my OB office.
  • I figure this is kind of random and I didn't want to make a whole thread on it.

I've lived in the same town for pretty much my whole life, but when I got married I moved away. All my family live there. So, when I go to visit, is it my job to make plans with everyone, or do I wait for them to call me to make plans? All of my sisters called to make plans during our visit this week, but two of my cousin are acting bratty because I didn't call them to make plans. I told them 3 days advanced we would be in town for 4 days. 

I've just never had to do this before.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Disneygeek77Disneygeek77 member
    edited December 2014
    We got DS a stuffed Pluto today at the Disney store and he keeps calling him pludolph.  I have not idea where he got that.

We also celebrated my birthday today and we went to a Bosnian restaurant where I got chicken schnitzel and spatzle.  It was so yummy.
  • Mazinator said:
    I figure this is kind of random and I didn't want to make a whole thread on it.

I've lived in the same town for pretty much my whole life, but when I got married I moved away. All my family live there. So, when I go to visit, is it my job to make plans with everyone, or do I wait for them to call me to make plans? All of my sisters called to make plans during our visit this week, but two of my cousin are acting bratty because I didn't call them to make plans. I told them 3 days advanced we would be in town for 4 days. 

I've just never had to do this before.
    When we go back to visit DH's family, I make an itinerary and make plans with his immediate family like his parents, siblings and grandparents but not his aunts, uncles or cousins because that would be too hard.  If they want to see us, they will have to contact him or see us at the same time we visit other family.  
  • I shave my armpits daily and that's it.
    I should shave my legs, just to shake it up. You guys are inspirations

@Mazinator‌ I contact people and make plans, only because I need to be in control of my schedule. Our family and friends are spread out in a 3 hour radius so it requires planning to visit with everyone.
  • Thank you ladies! This clears a lot up for mW.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"