January 2015 Moms

Sunday Randoms!

Hope you all have a great Sunday! :)

We are deciding if we want to put up our tree today, we always do around now. But it seems like sooo much work right this second. I'm kinda thinking next week sounds better, but I also kinda want it up. I'm indecisive right now. And sipping on some candy cane coffee (yessss) while Zoe is sleeping I-) 
(Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)

Re: Sunday Randoms!

• Good morning!

It's a lot of work, but I'd do it soon, especially if your H is going back to work soon. You'll be so glad you did! :)

I knew I shouldn't have gone to bed at 9 lady night. I was up a few times and unable to fall back asleep for awhile.

Have a great day, everyone!

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• @MusicFanatic‌ I've been wanting to ask how is the BF'ing going? Was, or is it painful?
  • Loading the player...
  • @MusicFanatic‌ I'm glad to hear it's going mostly pretty well for you! I'm nervous about it too. :)
  • I'm up with the early crowd?

@MusicFanatic‌ I vote do the tree! So fun, and then you have another pretty thing to look at. Plus, if you're feeling ambitious, you could take baby pictures in front of it.

I don't have anything positive to say about myself or the early morning, so I'm just going to say I wish I could go back to bed this morning.
  • I'll be putting up our tree today! My baby shower was yesterday so I'm planning on washing baby items and organizing too. Sounds like a lot of work but I think my excitment for Christmas and baby will fuel my energy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm up-good morning. We are getting dressed/gathering our stuff/packing up the car to drive back to NY. I really want to get an early start but I know we won't be on the road as early as I'd like. If we have to sit in a ton of traffic I will not be a happy preggo.

Today is also the first day I'm wearingn this big elastic belly band to help with the fascia stretching. It makes my bump look like its a strange shape but if it helps it will be so worth it. FX!
  • TRexsMum said:
    Omfg I want candy cane coffee. Where did you get it/how did you make it??
    @TRexsMum - it's from Target, it's Archer Farms brand.. k-cup :) They may also have it ground, not sure.
  • Our tree is up, but no lights or ornaments yet. Maybe today sometime.

Today is also the 2 year anniversary of my fil's passing. I have 2 sils who are essentially children and we are going to breakfast in a little with them and their mom and step dad. We did it last year and just remember him. It's odd because my husband did not have a good relationship with his father. We dated for a few years before I even met him. He was not a good father to his 2 older boys.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just put up our tree last night, but I decided to do minimal ornaments this year. I just don't feel like taking them all down again later on. Even if it is just lights it will feel more Christmas-y.

MusicFanatic.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
    I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.
  • I normally shave every day, but I skipped yesterday. This morning my legs still feel pretty smooth. Maybe shaving everyday wasn't necessary. I can't believe I didn't figure this out earlier.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
  • I am seriously contemplating giving my shift away today even though it's time and a half…  Should I?  I feel like shit and the kids want to decorate for Christmas.

There are 56 Babies in D14!  Holy shit!
  • We are heading back to MA from NY. We got on the road a little after 630 am to beat the traffic.
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• The thought of shaving daily makes me tired just reading it. I've never even shaved twice in a row. I shave like 2-3 times a week in the summer.  In the winter... well, we won't go there.  I do shave my underarms consistently in all seasons. My legs get neglected. 
    I was shaving my legs daily until a few weeks ago.  Now the leg hair is providing extra winter warmth.  
  • I can't be the only one shaving daily, can I?

Dec '12 & Jan '15
  • Morning. I slept a ton in the last 2 days, and I still feel tired. Maybe I've over slept?

Our plan was to go this Saturday to cut down our tree, but. ....idk maybe we'll do it today instead!

I'm kinda dreading keeping Owen (who's 17 months) away from all the ornaments on the tree. And I like to put gifts under the tree as they are wrapped, but I know it's gonna be such a hassle keeping his little hands off.
    We'll see. ....

Not much going on today in the labellavida household. I *might* work up the courage to ask DH to help trim up 'down stairs'. I can't see, and I really don't want to do it blindly. :-S

It appears this way! ;)
    I wouldn't even have enough to shave daily. On my legs, I get stubbles 2 days after shaving them. The day of and next day there's nothing there to shave. 
  • @BackseatDriver‌ WOW! I'm impressed you shave everyday! Lat time I shaved it was because they were really really bad and I thought I couldn't take it anymore lol but my belly kept getting in the way, so not sure when I'll try that again :-)

Our Christmas tree and decor is up! I love it! Now if this zantac would kick in so I can drink some pumpkin spice coffee :D
    another random: I felt silly for it but I had a good cry last night after I could not get comfy anyway I moved. (My belly has grown SO much the past week ) Thankfully I was so exhausted I got halfway settled and just fell asleep.
    *loss and BFP mentioned*
    Me: Endo & No Tubes 
    DH: perfect!
    IVF#1 (Sept 2013) Long Lupron Protocol
               17 retrieved, 15 fert, 1 perfect blast trans, 10 frozen
                BFP--Ended-- Blighted Ovum
    FET#2 Tentative Sched: Start meds CD1=Feb 1, ET= Feb 19-20
              One Grade 4AA Blast transferred, 5dpt- BFP HPT, 6dpt- line darker
              Beta #1- 50, Beta #2- 30
              BFN- Chemical preg
    FET#3 CD1-4/11, start Injections on CD13, ET scheduled- 4/29
             CD12 u/s & bw- Lining 8.7, estrogen 335, cleared for ET in one week!
             CD19 ET- Two Grade 4AA Blast transferred one with assisted hatching
             4dpt- POAS = BFP!....POAS everyday after = DARKER! FX!
             Beta #1- 703!  Beta #2- 4,004! 
             First U/S, 5wk0d- TWO gest sacs, Both with yolk sacs and a fetal pole both measuring 3d ahead!
    ((Thank you LORD, praying these LO grow, grow, grow!)) 
    **Due date Jan 14th- Boy/Girl twins**

imageimage

• Good morning!

Just the thought of shaving everyday exhausts me.

I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but candy cane sounds yummy.

It's my moms birthday today so we're taking her to see the Penguins of Madagascar and then to lunch.

Dinner with a friend later which will consist of fried chicken & waffles. Yum!

• edited November 2014
    I shave my arm pits at every shower, but not my legs! Too much work.

I wish I had candy cane coffee. I'm kicking myself over not getting a keurig on black friday...

My daughter just requested to go shopping. She wants to get some glue (to fix a paper turkey she accidentally broke) and then to the num-num store (costco) haha random.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are doing our outside lights today because it's randomly 60 degrees! Tree and in door next weekend!!
  • I shave my arm pits at every shower, but not my legs! Too much work. I wish I had candy cane coffee. I'm kicking myself over not getting a keurig on black friday.
    @LuckyPenny1231 - my keurig is my BFF.
    Lots of times Target has the k-cup flavors in ground coffee, also. I used to get their candy cane in ground before I had my Keurig. Been maybe 2 years, but I bet they have it.
  • I'm dying to get our tree up. We are doing the last of our remodeling after getting my sister out of our basement and we are ordering carpet on Monday so I have to wait till after its installed to add put up the decor

@BackseatDriver‌ I'm a daily shaver too.
  • I'm an every other day shaver, no matter how difficult it currently is to reach, because feeling even the slightest stubble (usually around the ankles??) drives me insane. I've gotten pretty good at shaving blindly down below as well... I just go much slower. I sleep naked and hate the stubble feeling on my thighs if it isn't maintained!!!

En route to Target now. Must. Get. Candy. Cane. Kcups.
  • This was me "running" this morning. This past week's turkey trot race photos should be amusing when they come in. 

I'm impressed that you can still run, even if it is a bit of a waddle :p.

Sorry for shaming you into shaving!

Dec '12 & Jan '15
  • We got our tree yesterday. Yay! We decided to get a small real tree this year because of DS and his destructive ways. We made it so he can't reach it BUT now he's trying to eat all of the fallen needles! Ahhh! I see a lot of vacuuming in my future...

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I normally shave every day, but I skipped yesterday. This morning my legs still feel pretty smooth. Maybe shaving everyday wasn't necessary. I can't believe I didn't figure this out earlier.

I shave everyday too! (The bottom half of my legs) You are not alone! It is just because I can't stand the feeling of my legs touching in bed if they aren't shaved, it literally keeps me awake.
  • This made me think of you ladies...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @BackseatDriver‌ I shave every day! I have dark, coarse hair and it grows back quickly. Once the baby is born I may have to change my routine until it gets hot again. I feel cleaner when my legs are shaved. I have to shave my armpits everyday. That is non-negotiable for me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm ready to assassinate my husband. He has dragged his feet on getting the spare room cleaned out to make room for the baby. We are now four weeks away from delivery, and he's working on the room today. Now he's saying it might not be ready until after the baby is born. HELL NO. That means that all the baby stuff is in boxes. I do not have a changing area, a place to put her clothes away, I can't even wash them because there is absolutely nowhere for them to go. He is seriously acting like it's brand new information that the baby is supposed to be in there, plus all her stuff. The baby is going to be in a Rock n Play in our room for the first few weeks, but I still need somewhere for all her stuff, plus a changing station. There's nowhere else in the house to put it. And it really makes me mad that he's doing this over a bunch of useless pack rat type stuff that he doesn't even need, has no value, and is never used. He's acting like having to put the stuff in the garage will desecrate the sanctity of his National Park Service calendars that are like 10 years old. So annoyed right now.
  • bwall84 said:

@BackseatDriver‌ I shave every day! I have dark, coarse hair and it grows back quickly. Once the baby is born I may have to change my routine until it gets hot again. I feel cleaner when my legs are shaved. I have to shave my armpits everyday. That is non-negotiable for me.

I used to set my son in the RnP in the bathroom while I showered. The noise of the shower and the warm room put him right to sleep. I had lots of time to shower, shave, and get ready.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
  • @littlefoote I hope it gets finalized soon. Glad that your DH understands how important it is.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
  • I'm ready to assassinate my husband. He has dragged his feet on getting the spare room cleaned out to make room for the baby. We are now four weeks away from delivery, and he's working on the room today. Now he's saying it might not be ready until after the baby is born. HELL NO. That means that all the baby stuff is in boxes. I do not have a changing area, a place to put her clothes away, I can't even wash them because there is absolutely nowhere for them to go. He is seriously acting like it's brand new information that the baby is supposed to be in there, plus all her stuff. The baby is going to be in a Rock n Play in our room for the first few weeks, but I still need somewhere for all her stuff, plus a changing station. There's nowhere else in the house to put it. And it really makes me mad that he's doing this over a bunch of useless pack rat type stuff that he doesn't even need, has no value, and is never used. He's acting like having to put the stuff in the garage will desecrate the sanctity of his National Park Service calendars that are like 10 years old. So annoyed right now.

I am right there with you! We have had a massive list of stuff to do to transition our house and it has been up for months. I kind of put a beginning of December deadline on it because I didn't want to mix all of the holiday chaos in with the other chaos. I do as much as I can but I get tired easily and work full time, he is home most days because he works part time nights. There is still so much to do and instead of getting it done, he keeps dragging more stuff in to the house from the garage. Then I came home last week and he started putting up Christmas stuff in the midst of all the other junk that still needed to be taken care of! He just doesn't get it and we are running out of time. So frustrating!!!!
  • llambrose said:

I'm ready to assassinate my husband. He has dragged his feet on getting the spare room cleaned out to make room for the baby. We are now four weeks away from delivery, and he's working on the room today. Now he's saying it might not be ready until after the baby is born. HELL NO. That means that all the baby stuff is in boxes. I do not have a changing area, a place to put her clothes away, I can't even wash them because there is absolutely nowhere for them to go. He is seriously acting like it's brand new information that the baby is supposed to be in there, plus all her stuff. The baby is going to be in a Rock n Play in our room for the first few weeks, but I still need somewhere for all her stuff, plus a changing station. There's nowhere else in the house to put it. And it really makes me mad that he's doing this over a bunch of useless pack rat type stuff that he doesn't even need, has no value, and is never used. He's acting like having to put the stuff in the garage will desecrate the sanctity of his National Park Service calendars that are like 10 years old. So annoyed right now.

I am right there with you! We have had a massive list of stuff to do to transition our house and it has been up for months. I kind of put a beginning of December deadline on it because I didn't want to mix all of the holiday chaos in with the other chaos. I do as much as I can but I get tired easily and work full time, he is home most days because he works part time nights. There is still so much to do and instead of getting it done, he keeps dragging more stuff in to the house from the garage. Then I came home last week and he started putting up Christmas stuff in the midst of all the other junk that still needed to be taken care of! He just doesn't get it and we are running out of time. So frustrating!!!!

It is SUPER frustrating! He uncovered this stupid 10 year old ab machine thing that's supposed to give you a six pack if you wear it long enough. Obviously, we know those things are bullshit. He wanted to hang onto it and try to sell it for $50! I lost it. No fucking way are we hanging onto this useless crap. What's going to happen is I'm going to take over the cleaning out process, and he's not going to appreciate it, but tough. He's had 8 months to get this done, and I am not going to change my baby on the floor and fish her clothes out of a box to coddle his irrational need to hang onto useless garbage. I am so.over.it!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"