January 2015 Moms
Options

Babies Features

Do you ever wonder what your baby will look like? Will they have hair, or be bald? What color eyes? Have a cute little button nose?
Maybe they'll have a birth mark?

Do you ever hope your baby doesn't inherit a certain feature?

Just for fun: what do you dream of when it comes to what your baby will look like?
Do you hope they don't inherit something?

Re: Babies Features

• Options
    As far as physical features go, I hope DD inherits DH's complexion and his hazel eyes.

• Options
    None of my boys look like me. Not even in the slightest. I sometimes feel like I've had no part in their genetics, and I've just carried and gave birth to them.

I have said every single pregnancy I hope they have Brown hair, and green eyes. My first was born bald with a tiny patch of blond hair. He's got Brown eyes. Exact mirror image of his dad.

With my second, he was born with brown hair, but it all fell out and turned blond. He's got greenish eyes.

My third, he was born with brown hair, and has since stayed a light brown color, he's got bluish eyes.

Even though I've seen my baby weekly via 4d, I know he looks just like his brothers, who in turn are mirror images of their dad. I still often wonder if he'll 'really' look like them. I'm hoping there are features there that are mine, that are hiding. HA HA.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH has olive skin and dark hair and I am blonde and pale.   All our kids are also blonde and pale, so hopefully he gets his brunette this time!  He put in a request for a Dark haired, dark skinned, green eyed (like me), left-handed girl.  So we'll see!
  • Options
    I hope he looks like my daughter, she is just so cute! My husband and I both have blue eyes so we know he will have blue eyes. We also have similar colored dark blond/light brown hair so I am sure he will have that as well. My H was kind of a weird looking baby so we are hoping he favors my side a bit more because we have cuter babies, lol! I hope he gets the height and body type from his side of the family like my daughter has too.
  • Options
    Yes even more so now that we already have one. I can't picture this new baby looking any different than our daughter. I'm so excited to see how different (or not!) she looks compared to big sis!
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options
    I hope she has red hair, all the girls on my side have it and my husband has red in his beard so the chances are pretty good. I actually hope some of the genes that I didn't get pass down to her. My dad had very pretty ankles and unfortunately I didn't get those :( among other genes that are in mine and my husbands family maybe she will draw the lucky numbers and get all the good stuff that we didn't.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Everyone says Nora looks just like me, and I can see it when I look at pics of myself as a child, but I see a lot of DH in her, too. From the ultrasound pics, I think this LO will have a strong resemblance to her big sister (and me), but I am sure she will have some unique characteristics as well. It's hard to imagine in what ways she might look different from Nora, but I can't wait to see her little face. <3

Personality wise, Nora is a lot like me. I hope this LO has more of DH's traits because he is far more laid back. Nora and I are a bit strong-willed, and I'm not sure this house can handle a 3rd lol.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    I don't really have a preference but I'm kind of hoping she gets Hs hazel eyes... That'd be awesome

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • Options
    I half jokingly pray out loud before bed that our baby has my husband's eyes & long eye lashes but not his vision (lazy eyes as a kid, blind in one eye, etc). . .it's become some kind of inside joke between DH & I.  

Also, I hope the baby has DH's nose but not his hair (balding on head but hairy all over. . .especially for a girl!  lol).  Oh, and for the baby to inherit DH's tall height if the baby is a boy and my average height if the baby is a girl.

Not too much to ask for I hope.  ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    saiven said:

H and I look a lot alike. So I truly shop LOs looks feature by feature. We know he'll have brown hair and brown eyes (if he has blue eyes I will freak the fuck out). I'd like him to look like his daddy, with my eye shape and chin. See, very specific.

We even have similar body types. I'm kind of just expecting a tiny H to come out. We'll see!

Genetically he could have blue eyes if you both passed on a recessive gene. Probably not super likely but it could happen.
  • Options
    I hope she has my nose and smile and hopefully a good amount of hair. I would prefer dark brown hair, but we'll see. DS had dark hair at birth, but then it turned light brown like DH.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
    I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.
  • Options
    I've had dreams where this little girl looks just like DS2 but with brown curly hair (he has blond curly hair).  DS2 looks very much like I did when I was little.  Based on her ultrasounds, she already has my chin, so we will see :)

I get the most comments about what her hair will be like.  DS1 has dark blond stick straight hair, DS2 has light blond VERY curly hair, and DS3 has light brown "helmet hair," which basically means if it gets long enough it will curl, but if we keep it shorter it will be straight.  So all 3 of my boys have different hair types, it will be neat to see who she takes after in that area.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I spent a lot of time thinking about what E would look like and she looked exactly like my husband! I am kind of assuming it will be the same with my son! My husband is very hairy I hope my son doesn't get that hahah!
  • Options
    I had a dream a few weeks ago that I had the baby and was able to see him/her.  Baby was very cute with dark hair and a round face.   Just like Dad.  I have red hair and if it's a girl I'd love for her to have red hair, if it's a boy, I hope he gets Dad's dark hair, or what use to be dark hair.  There's less of it now and it's more grey than dark.
    After 8 yrs of ttc little one is due Jan. 28

Big brother is excited to meet this little one!

• Options
    I don't care for her to inherit specific features, but I'd love for her to have some hair! I was bald until I was two, but my hubby had hair. I guess we'll see.
  • Options
    Just based off the 3D at 28 weeks then her face us very similar to mine but she's built (long legged) just like her daddy.

I'm soo curious what her coloring will be like. DH & I are both olive skinned but he's dirty blonde w/ brown eyes and I'm brunette with green eyes.

The only thing I'm really rooting for is for my eye color to win out!! Haha
  • Options
    My 2 girls look more like my dh, our son looks like me. That is one of the reasons I secretly hope we're having a boy! I would very much take a girl who looks like me too, but it doesn't seem to work that way genetically for us lol.

I think from the ultrasound, the baby looks a lot like ds. It will be wonderful to see him or her finally though, I'm so excited!
  • Options
    kbl13kbl13 member
    edited November 2014
    DS is definitely a mix of both of us with DH's blue eyes and my smile. I'm excited to see who baby girl will look like... I keep picturing her with dark hair , for some reason
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    AlfiesMOM said:

I spent a lot of time thinking about what E would look like and she looked exactly like my husband! I am kind of assuming it will be the same with my son! My husband is very hairy I hope my son doesn't get that hahah!

I worry about my poor boy getting the hairiness too! I hope he takes after my side on that aspect!!

• Options
    I hope this baby has a lot more of my personality, my daughter is a lot like her dad and I don't know how would handle a house full of them!
  • Options
    I haven't dreamed that this baby looks like anything, but both DH and I have a feeling that he will look like DD2. All of my kids look related, but DDs 1 and 3 look more similar than 2. So I guess we think the boy will look more like DD2, to even it out. Her nose comes from DH's mom's family, with kind of a bony tip, whereas my other two have noses from my family that are more rounded. Also DD2 has deep dimples and she was the only one who wasn't a total baldy when born. She had super cute short spiky hair on top and mostly bald around the back of her head, and we're thinking baby boy will have that as well. We shall soon see if our feeling is right!

• Options
    This is a fun link.  

Although, I'm not sure how accurate it is.  It says the chances of us having a green-eyed child are 26.6% and all three of our kids have green eyes.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I hope he has my thick hair. I'm not too concerned about color (I have brown hair and DH has blonde), just thickness. DH has hazel eyes and I have blue eyes so I'm good with either eye color. I want him to be tall like my brothers but if he inherits DH's slim build he might be tall and lanky. DH is 5'8 so his slim build works for his height. For brains, I hope he inherits DH's math skills and my reading skills. I have a feeling this LO will also inherit DH's type A personality which, most of the time, doesn't bother me but it can drive me crazy sometimes.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I always think about this! I'm pretty confident the baby will have blue eyes and a very pale complexion (we both do) but I hope it gets DH's very very blonde hair and crazy fast metabolism. He is one of those guys who eats everything in sight but has maintained a perfect 8-pack his entire life... The opposite of my metabolism lol. DH has never ending energy and is a huge adrenaline junkie (skiing, mountain biking, paddling, rock climbing, etc) so I'm expecting to have a wild child :)
  • Options
    DS looks so much like me with little bits of his father thrown in here and there that come out more as he gets older...i think he's going to settle into a pretty fair mix between the two of us.  i keep picturing beanie growing up to look like a feminine version of SO, but i've been unable to form a mental image of her as a baby or smaller child.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Options
    TXUltraRunnerTXUltraRunner member
    edited November 2014
    I keep having a reoccurring dream that my baby is a cat. I only hope that it's not true. As long as it's human, I don't care

TTC since August 2011 Me: 31 DH: 33
    May-September 2012: Monitored cycles with Letrozole
    October 2012: Cancelled IUI
    April 2014: IVF #1 w/ ICSI
    ER: 4/15 ET: 4/20 Beta #1 4/29: 54 Beta#2 5/1: 90 
    1st ultrasound: 5/13 (6w1d): HB 103 2nd Ultrasound: 5/22 (7w3d) HB 151

• Options
    I have dreamed of this LO on two occasions now. The first dream she had strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes. In the second dream she was blonde with blue eyes. DH has blonde hair blue eyes and I have dirty blonde hair hazel/green eyes. I really hope she gets DH's height, slim build, and high metabolism. I'm short and have an athletic build. I hope she has my eye structure and cheek bones, but as for all other features I'll be happy with whatever she gets. I just hope she is happy, healthy, and strong.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Jan 15 December Siggy: Christmas Fail!
  • Options
    We've talked about this a few times and so far we think LO will have black hair as we both do and be a nice tan color, slightly lighter than I am (I'm Korean). SO hopes the baby has hazel eyes like he does, I'm saying they'll be a light brown color because mine are such a dark brown color they're almost black. He had hoped the baby wouldn't have his prominent nose & fortunately the 3D u/s we had showed a button nose which SO is relieved about. It also appears LO will have lots of hair & super chubby cheeks like we both had. I'm so excited to see what LO looks like.
  • Options
    YaMrWhite said:
    Yes even more so now that we already have one. I can't picture this new baby looking any different than our daughter. I'm so excited to see how different (or not!) she looks compared to big sis!
    This, exactly. I just keep imagining another baby version of our daughter. I can't imagine him looking any different, so it'll be exciting to see!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    Our son will supposedly have either blue or green eyes (we are one of each) and we both were blonde as littles. I had a dream once he was blonde hair blue eyes at 6 months of age. I want him to have my nose, my husbands dimples, and my family's height.
    FTM baby boy born Jan 2015
  • Options
    I don't have any "hopes" as to what they will look like, but when I picture them I see them as having dark hair and olive/tan complexion like DH. DH has said he hopes one of them has blue eyes (like me) but his are brown mine are blue.... so we'll see :-) I can't wait to find out!
    *loss and BFP mentioned*
    Me: Endo & No Tubes 
    DH: perfect!
    IVF#1 (Sept 2013) Long Lupron Protocol
               17 retrieved, 15 fert, 1 perfect blast trans, 10 frozen
                BFP--Ended-- Blighted Ovum
    FET#2 Tentative Sched: Start meds CD1=Feb 1, ET= Feb 19-20
              One Grade 4AA Blast transferred, 5dpt- BFP HPT, 6dpt- line darker
              Beta #1- 50, Beta #2- 30
              BFN- Chemical preg
    FET#3 CD1-4/11, start Injections on CD13, ET scheduled- 4/29
             CD12 u/s & bw- Lining 8.7, estrogen 335, cleared for ET in one week!
             CD19 ET- Two Grade 4AA Blast transferred one with assisted hatching
             4dpt- POAS = BFP!....POAS everyday after = DARKER! FX!
             Beta #1- 703!  Beta #2- 4,004! 
             First U/S, 5wk0d- TWO gest sacs, Both with yolk sacs and a fetal pole both measuring 3d ahead!
    ((Thank you LORD, praying these LO grow, grow, grow!)) 
    **Due date Jan 14th- Boy/Girl twins**

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"