Nurseries and Baby Gear

Rock and pay bassinet or this deluxe bassinet?

I'm trying to find something to have beside my bed for when my little one gets here :) anyone use either of these ? Opinions what's better?

Re: Rock and pay bassinet or this deluxe bassinet?

• Whichever is cheaper.  These are used for such a short amount of time, no need to spend the big bucks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • We got the rock n play basinette. Have only used it a handful of times because DD (almost 3 months old) HATES being flat, so she's in the rock n play still.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Okay :) good to know :)
  • leela02leela02 member
    edited November 2014
    Get the cheaper one and if it doesn't work out, get the other one.

A flat bassinet would be the safer choice for reducing SIDS risk. But the Rock n Play is also popular because some babies have a hard time sleeping flat and babies with acid reflux need to sleep on an incline. Someone gave us a Rock n Play and DD sleeps in it very well.
  • We used and loved the rock and play with DS2. We just pulled it out to get it ready for DS3!
  • Thank you very helpful opinions :)
  • I will add, even though my daughter is in the rock n play (instead of the basinette) I reused to register for the RnP because I wanted her to sleep flat so it would be an easier transition to crib. When she was 3 weeks old and still screaming bloody murder if put on her back I went out and bought one at 9pm one night. Survival mode :-)

I plan to try to transition her from the Rock N Play to the flat Fisher Price basinette (same one you pictured above) next weekend after we travel for Thanksgiving. I really like the basinette and think we'll get a few months use out if it still (even though DD is 3 months old). It folds very flat, stands on it's own while folded, and seems pretty sturdy.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Okay good info to know :) thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"