Rock and pay bassinet or this deluxe bassinet? — The Bump
Nurseries and Baby Gear

Rock and pay bassinet or this deluxe bassinet?

I'm trying to find something to have beside my bed for when my little one gets here :) anyone use either of these ? Opinions what's better?

Re: Rock and pay bassinet or this deluxe bassinet?

• Whichever is cheaper.  These are used for such a short amount of time, no need to spend the big bucks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
    [Deleted User]
  • We got the rock n play basinette. Have only used it a handful of times because DD (almost 3 months old) HATES being flat, so she's in the rock n play still.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
    Brown3yedGirl93
  • Okay :) good to know :)
  • leela02leela02
    100 Love Its 100 Comments Second Anniversary Photogenic
    edited November 2014
    Get the cheaper one and if it doesn't work out, get the other one.

A flat bassinet would be the safer choice for reducing SIDS risk. But the Rock n Play is also popular because some babies have a hard time sleeping flat and babies with acid reflux need to sleep on an incline. Someone gave us a Rock n Play and DD sleeps in it very well.
    Brown3yedGirl93
  • We used and loved the rock and play with DS2. We just pulled it out to get it ready for DS3!
    Brown3yedGirl93
  • Thank you very helpful opinions :)
  • I will add, even though my daughter is in the rock n play (instead of the basinette) I reused to register for the RnP because I wanted her to sleep flat so it would be an easier transition to crib. When she was 3 weeks old and still screaming bloody murder if put on her back I went out and bought one at 9pm one night. Survival mode :-)

I plan to try to transition her from the Rock N Play to the flat Fisher Price basinette (same one you pictured above) next weekend after we travel for Thanksgiving. I really like the basinette and think we'll get a few months use out if it still (even though DD is 3 months old). It folds very flat, stands on it's own while folded, and seems pretty sturdy.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
    Brown3yedGirl93
  • Okay good info to know :) thanks :)