Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Increasing supply?

My baby is 12 weeks old and I was doing an excellent job EBF until I fell very very sick. My son was prescribed a special supplement for gas but due to my illness that has just went away,my supply is very low. I've been told that even if I'm not producing very much at all,I can still boost it to a large amount to go back to exclusively breastfeeding my son again. Tips? Thank you:)

Re: Increasing supply?

• Options
    With DS1 I was told to feed him then pump for 20-30 mins on each side. I did this for about 3 weeks and it helped. Good luck!!
  • Options
    Drink lots of water. Stay hydrated!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pump often! I almost lost my supply when I was trying to decide between BF and FF--I was still pumping to not lose it completely, but only about 2-3 times a day, and not BF at all. I decided to stick with BF, and pumped as often as possible for about 2 weeks.  It is hard to do every two hours, and stick to a schedule like that with LO, so every opportunity, I was pumping for at least a little while. It ended up working. Also, I started eating oatmeal, and I think that helped.
    Good luck! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    In addition to what PPs have mentioned, you can try Fenugreek supplements. Also, try lactation cookies. There are lots of recipes online if you google it. There is also a tea called Mother's Milk tea that I used with my last LO. I think I got it at target. I had supply issues last time around, and between all of these things I was able to get my supply up. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"