October 2014 Moms
Options

THE GREAT PI POLE!!

edited November 2014 in October 2014 Moms
What is your favorite pie traditionally served on Thanksgiving? Choose by main ingredient; if caramel apple walnut is your favorite, vote apple and describe in the comments!

KEEP YOUR CAKE OUT OF MY POLE!
Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

THE GREAT PI POLE!! 133 votes

Pumpkin - with or without whipped cream? Streusel or no streusel?
38% 51 votes
Sweet potato - Moonlights as a side dish, what more could you want?
0% 1 vote
Apple - YA 'MURICA!!!!
20% 27 votes
Pecan - I don't care how you pronounce it, give me the sweet brown sugar and pecans!
18% 25 votes
Blueberry- Reminds me of summer! (I was between blueberry and cherry, but blueberry seems more popular in winter)
0% 0 votes
Buttermilk / Butter - I had no idea this existed, but apparently it's a regional delicacy!
1% 2 votes
Key lime / Lemon Meringue - Tart + sweet = my favorite treat!
3% 4 votes
Chocolate pudding/Chocolate Cream - Chocolate 24/7 baby!
8% 11 votes
You notch, you forgot my favorite pie! School GDF in the comments!
5% 7 votes
I don't do pie. Give me cake, tartin, galette, bars, tarts, ANYTHING BUT PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3% 5 votes

Re: THE GREAT PI POLE!!

• Options
    Pumpkin with whipped cream and vanilla ice cream.  But that's just my Thanksgiving favorite.  Normally any sort of chocolate cream pie is my favorite!

• Options
    Gooseberry, made with a tart cherry pie recipe. I had some in a restaurant once and it was way too sweet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was tied between pumpkin and pecan. But since DH doesn't like pumpkin pie, I rarely get it. So, my favorite pecan pie is a combination of chocolate pecan pie and bourbon pecan pie.

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• Options
    Ice cream pie (graham cracker crust) - yum!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image              image
  • Options
    narabug said:

Gooseberry, made with a tart cherry pie recipe. I had some in a restaurant once and it was way too sweet.

Do you make it too? Where do you buy them? I can't find gooseberries anywhere but Amazon. :-??
    imageimage
  • Options
    Pumpkin pie ALL the way with TONS of Cool Whip.
  • Options
    Key lime pie is my all time favorite but I also love pumpkin pie with or without whipped cream.
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • Options
    I picked pecan cause it's more holiday style, but strawberry-rhubarb is a great pie too!
  • Options
    Pumpkin with whip cream is my favorite at Thanksgiving. Apple pie is my all time favorite!!

• Options
    narabugnarabug member
    edited November 2014
    Emerald27 said:

narabug said:

Do you make it too? Where do you buy them? I can't find gooseberries anywhere but Amazon. :-??
    It's been a few years since I've made one, but I had to have my grandmother send me a few cans from Indiana last time. We used to be able to find them at No Frills. I haven't looked this year because I don't have time to bake it.
  • Options
    allllll the pie!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I like pumpkin for holidays and cherry the rest of the time. Pie must always be served warm with ice cream. If you can't serve it warm, it's not pie, it's pudding on crust.
  • Options
    I chose pumpkin... BUT I ordered a sweet potato crunch pie from a local farm for this year. I cannot wait to try it! I wonder what makes the crunch?
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • Options
    Either Maple Syrup or Strawberry Rhubarb Pie made by my Nana. YUM!

• Options
    Pumpkin with tons of homemade vanilla whipped cream!!  Or homemade banana cream with a graham cracker crust and vanilla whipped cream.  We always have 3 pies, because of course we also need to have apple pie!
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options

Either Maple Syrup or Strawberry Rhubarb Pie made by my Nana. YUM!

What is maple syrup pie?!
    https://www.pbs.org/food/kitchen-vignettes/canadian-maple-syrup-pie/

• Options
    Pumpkin... no whip... boom
  • Options
    SSFC2014 said:

By the way, Cool Whip is a crime against humanity. Home made whipped cream all the way!!

Cool whip shouldn't exist.
    What?! I would eat a big tub of cool whip with a spoon if I could without feeling like a huge slob. But I've also never had homemade. I'm sure I wouldn't turn it down.

• Options
    My meme's strawberry rhubarb! =P~

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    I typically only like whipped cream, but there is something about cool whip and pumpkin pie for me
  • Options
    narabug said:

Emerald27 said:

narabug said:

It's been a few years since I've made one, but I had to have my grandmother send me a few cans from Indiana last time. We used to be able to find them at No Frills. I haven't looked this year because I don't have time to bake it.
    I wish wegmans had them.
    imageimage
  • Options
    GIVE ME ALL THE CHOCOLATE. I need chocolate :(
  • Options
    It is a toss up between Pumpkin and Coconut Cream for me.

Alexander Flynn ~ September 24, 2014

Untitled

• Options

The crust is the best part of any pie!!

Homemade, yes. Store bought, depends. I've had some where the crust was pretty awful.
  • Options
    Banana creme pie. The best pie on the planet and we used to get it from Marie calendar ' s when I was growing up but they closed all their locations near us a few years ago.
  • Options
    Sweet potato with whipped cream and a side of ice cream. Yummy!

Anniversary 

• Options
    I have to make my crustless lower-carb pumpkin pie. I also like sweet potato pie.
  • Options
    Holidays it is apple pie. ..but any other time all the pies (except for butter pie. Not sure what it is but it just sounds gross).
  • Options

I want to vote for "sweet potato poon". That's what they are making on "Today". Mmmm poon. Lol

FTM - BFP: 1/23/14 - EDD: 10/5/14 - DD Born 9/13/14

• Options
    Banana Cream the rest of the year. Pecan during the holidays. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    So if you like pecans and you like chocolate you need chocolate pecan pie in your life now. Emeril has a recipe it's called golden brick chocolate pecan pie. I swear when I eat it the heavens open up and I hear angels singing
  • Options
    So originally I was like "butter pie? Like a butter tart?" But then googled. They are not the same.

My vote is for Pumpkin. Mmmmm... warm, with whipped cream.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I hate pie crust with a passion

I keep DH around because he will eat my pie crust so I can enjoy the filling (and because he makes cute babies) 

I love pecan pie at holiday time and black satin all others (mmmmm Oreo crust)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"