TTC After a Loss
Options

~*~*~ Multiple Loss Ladies 2014-11-18 ~*~*~

Good morning, lady loves! I'm PinkCamino and I'm your new check-in leader! I'm new in these parts so I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. As a result, I apologize in advance if I ask questions that you've already answered. I plan on posting the check-in on Mondays or Tuesdays but like always you're welcome to respond anytime during the week!

I want to extend an enormously huge thank you to @HoldingOutHope who ran this check-in for so long. Thank you for being such a wonderful member of this community. I've got huge shoes to fill!

New members: Feel free to join in. Please make sure that you are able to make time to update us weekly. If you have already posted an intro on the main board, just post a short one here to refresh our memories.

Regular Members: If you do not see your name below it is because you missed last weeks (or a few) check ins. Feel free to pop in and give us an update and I will add you back in. If you get a bfp, please pm me so I can add you to our congratulations section. If you do not PM me, I will not list your BFP in this check-in.

-----------------------------------------------

Our Members

Ally1986, Buggirl72, CallaLily30, Dawnstar898, Discouraged31, ElleBelle2384, Elliecat17, Eurydicenymph, FrenchTeacherMama, HoldingOutHope, Jj32, LauraO11, Lav17, LeLoyd, Mara005, BunnyBun4, Megrae12, Mlal78, MrsG80inTN, MrsPipp, MyFirstRaspberry, O2girl, PinkCamino, Rachaeleigh, RG1979, Rocks526, SeaParrot Sunflwra

@ally1986 ~ We missed you last week! Update us when you can okay?

@buggirl72 ~ Miss you lady. I hope you are well. Pop in and update us when you have a minute okay?

@bunnybun4 ~ FX for you! Any news? What's new with you?

@callalily30 ~ Thinking of you! FX you are well. Update us when you can okay?

@dawnstar898 ~ ((hugs)) How are you holding up this week? What's new?

@Discouraged31 ~ Did you have your retrieval? What's going on with you?

@ellebelle2384 ~ ((hugs)) Have you made any progress with the insurance stuff? I'm so sorry the plan changed.

@elliecat17 ~ How are you holding up this week? Have you made any progress with your sewing? How's yoga going?

@eurydicenymph ~ ((hugs)) I'm so sorry you're struggling. How are you holding up this week?

@frenchteachermama ~FX for your surgery as it approaches! How are you doing this week?

@furrypaws ~ FX for a positive OPK lady! How's TTC treating you? ((hugs)) What's new with you?

@HoldingOutHope ~ How are you doing lady? What's your plan moving forward? Have you settled in since your move?

@jj32 ~((Hugs)) I'm sorry about CD1 :( How was your get together? What's new?

@KateLM ~ Missed you last week! Update us when you can!

@kyliehopeful ~I'm sorry you're facing DE IVF :( How are you holding up this week?

@laurao11 ~((hugs)) I'm so sorry you're not in the best place. Update us when you can okay?

@lav17 ~Thinking of you. Missed you last week! Update us when you can?

@leloyd ~How's the bleeding this week? When are you supposed to be getting results from your RPL panel?

@lycih ~How are you doing this week? Anything new to report?

@mara005 ~Your chart is looking good! What was your timing like? What's your week looking like so far?

@megrae12 ~ How are you feeling this week? Are you over your bug?

@mlal78 ~I chart stalk you constantly! How's femara treating you this cycle? Did you get a new stove?

@mrsg80intn ~((hugs)) Do you have any idea what your next steps will be? How are you holding up?

@mrspipp ~How's the 2ww treating you? Your chart looks really good and you have great timing! FX for you!

@myfirstraspberry ~ Missed you last week! Update us when you can okay?

@o2girl ~((hugs)) how are you holding up with TTA? What's new with you!

@PinkCamino ~Hi! :D

@rachaeleigh ~((hugs)) I saw your update on 6+. What's the plan moving forward love?

@readinglove ~ Any idea when you'll get answers from your blood draw? What are your next steps? How has the week treated you so far?

@RG1979 ~((hugs)) How are you holding up? Did I miss your fert report?

@rocks526 ~How's the 2ww treating? Anything new to report?

@SeaParrot ~ I'm so sorry you're back. How are you holding up this week? What are your next steps?

@sunflwra ~ Thinking of you! Update us when you can!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

QOTD:

What is your favorite holiday and why?

Re: ~*~*~ Multiple Loss Ladies 2014-11-18 ~*~*~

• Options
    @furrypaws

I know it's not funny but I'm secretly giggling here. Your poor Dh! Mine had it years ago and he was in agony. Apparently if you scratch the blisters it spreads! Has he been to the doc? Maybe they can give him a cream that will help speed up the healing?

I'm glad you had a nice anniversary all things considered! FX for no more poison ivy so you can HIO without the fear of getting contaminated!
  • Options
    Thanks for the check-in @PinkCamino!  And a special thank you to @HoldingOutHope for taking care of us for so long!

AFM:  My surgery is officially scheduled for 12/12 so now I just need to sit tight and focus on the 15 and 30 page papers I have due on 12/11!  I just have to GET THEM DONE!  

QOTW:  I love Thanksgiving and black Friday shopping (I know it's not actually a holiday, lol)

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the check-in @PinkCamino!  And a special thank you to @HoldingOutHope for taking care of us for so long!

AFM:  My surgery is officially scheduled for 12/12 so now I just need to sit tight and focus on the 15 and 30 page papers I have due on 12/11!  I just have to GET THEM DONE!  

QOTW:  I love Thanksgiving and black Friday shopping (I know it's not actually a holiday, lol)
    FX the next couples of weeks fly by for you! Good luck with those papers. I'm working through the same madness on my end. I submitted a 50 page lit review yesterday and it felt SO good!
  • Options
    megrae12megrae12 member
    edited November 2014
    Thanks so much for the check in @PinkCamino. I hope you are well. @HoldingOutHope thanks for your wonderful leadership in this check in, you rock lady!!

AFM: I am slowly coming back to normal after my bug. Intestinal viruses are nasty little things and when I think I am good, I get hit with some random crap (literally). Other than that, I am slowly coming back to myself, I think. H and I had a talk and it put some things in perspective for me. I am still avoiding Christmas with some of his family, mostly because, I am just not ready. I am ok with my head in the sand act for now, I will eventually have to face them. 

On an unrelated note, I am going to a meeting about grad school tonight. I am hopeful that my chosen field will be accepting new students so I can start in January. I have already pushed it back so much b/c they were not accepting new students. 

((Hugs)) my loves!!

QOTW: I always forget this! My favorite holiday is actually Easter. I LOVE hunting Easter egg (and eating them!). My mom made this a big deal in our house with easter baskets, etc. I have such fond memories of it. 

ETA: QOTW

@furrypaws I can't help but laugh about your H. I am sorry he is miserable. He should prolly go to the doc so they can give me a cortisone shot. It will help clear it up faster. 
    @Frenchteachermama I am so glad you have your surgery scheduled. I hope you can get those papers done by then. I hate writing papers. 
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    DX: stage 2 Endo 2012, PCOS 7/2/14,  HSG 6/11/14, Lefty open!!
    BFP#1, EDD: 4/27/14, Missed EP confirmed: 9/23/13, R tube removal: 9/25/13 
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    Clomid/TI#2=BFN, Clomid/TI #3=CP
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15
    On a treatment break: 2 natural cycles. Saving money, sigh*

Goodbye my sweet babies. We miss you so much
    All Welcome

• Options
    Hi @pinkcamino!! Thanks so much for taking over the check-in! Lots of love to @holdingouthope for being a great leader

@furrypaws OMG. I just lost it with your DH lumberjack tale. I can't imagine how miserable he is (and probably embarrassed!), and hope he gets betters soon.  Happy belated anniversary :)

@frenchteachermama Glad that you have a surgery date. G/L with your papers!

@megrae12 Glad you are feeling better! F/X you are able to get into a grad school program!

@mlal78 F/x for O soon. Hopefully you can get your kitchen set up soon!

AFM: @mrspipp ~How's the 2ww treating you? Your chart looks really good and you have great timing! FX for you!

Thanks for the chart stalk, PC!  I think FF was a little drunk, and my O was 2 days later than the CH. I'm going to try to hold out to test until early next week. We have friends coming in town this weekend, so I'm hopeful I can keep busy and not hoard pee sticks. 

QOTW: I love Christmas. My family is really into it, so that makes it a lot of fun. However, I'm a firm believer in no Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving. My neighbors just put up their Christmas lights last weekend, so I feel I'm in the minority. Maybe that's my UO. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the check in PC
    RG1979mrspipp good luck!!

Not a lot new to report... I got my herbs from my eastern medicine doc, so I'm less apprehensive overall than I was.  And, since I'll have been taking them +/- five weeks by the time I o again, I feel like I'll be "ok" emotionally to be TTC again.

QOTW: I have always loved halloween.  

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    megrae12 said:
    Thanks so much for the check in @PinkCamino. I hope you are well. @HoldingOutHope thanks for your wonderful leadership in this check in, you rock lady!!

AFM: I am slowly coming back to normal after my bug. Intestinal viruses are nasty little things and when I think I am good, I get hit with some random crap (literally). Other than that, I am slowly coming back to myself, I think. H and I had a talk and it put some things in perspective for me. I am still avoiding Christmas with some of his family, mostly because, I am just not ready. I am ok with my head in the sand act for now, I will eventually have to face them. 

On an unrelated note, I am going to a meeting about grad school tonight. I am hopeful that my chosen field will be accepting new students so I can start in January. I have already pushed it back so much b/c they were not accepting new students. 

((Hugs)) my loves!!

QOTW: I always forget this! My favorite holiday is actually Easter. I LOVE hunting Easter egg (and eating them!). My mom made this a big deal in our house with easter baskets, etc. I have such fond memories of it. 

ETA: QOTW

@furrypaws I can't help but laugh about your H. I am sorry he is miserable. He should prolly go to the doc so they can give me a cortisone shot. It will help clear it up faster. 
    @Frenchteachermama I am so glad you have your surgery scheduled. I hope you can get those papers done by then. I hate writing papers. 
    Glad to hear that you are feeling better! FX you're back in tip top shape really soon.

I totally understand what you mean about avoiding certain people at Christmas. We're currently not on talking terms with my in-laws so likely our holiday will be really quiet with my mom and grandpa. I cannot even fathom being in the same room with my annoying and pregnant sister in law so I'm sticking my head in the sand with you.

What grad program are you pursuing? FX they have open spots for you!
  • Options
    mlal78 said:
    @mlal78 ~I chart stalk you constantly! How's femara treating you this cycle? Did you get a new stove?

Hiiiii!  The femara was okay once again.  Just some hot flashes while I was taking it, which is reflected in my crazy temps cd5-9.  Hopefully they will even out now.  Starting peeing on opks yesterday and hoping for another cd16 (or earlier) O.

I have the stove, have had it for weeks.  Unfortunately I still do not have a cabinet to put it in!  Dh actually drew out a plan on the wall this past weekend, and went to Home Depot to get to wood for it.  The saw at Home Depot was broken though, so he came home empty handed.  Maybe this weekend....

QOTW:  I think Thanksgiving.  Getting to spend time with family and good food without the stress of all the Christmas shopping is great.  Also the weather is normally still pretty decent!
    FX for an early O love! You know I'll be keeping an eye on it! ;)

OH! I didn't realize you had the stove. Do I need to come and kick dh in the butt to get going on this? I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to be limited to a crock pot and the stovetop since I know how much you like to cook :(
  • Options
    mrspipp said:
    Hi @pinkcamino!! Thanks so much for taking over the check-in! Lots of love to @holdingouthope for being a great leader

@furrypaws OMG. I just lost it with your DH lumberjack tale. I can't imagine how miserable he is (and probably embarrassed!), and hope he gets betters soon.  Happy belated anniversary :)

@frenchteachermama Glad that you have a surgery date. G/L with your papers!

@megrae12 Glad you are feeling better! F/X you are able to get into a grad school program!

@mlal78 F/x for O soon. Hopefully you can get your kitchen set up soon!

AFM: @mrspipp ~How's the 2ww treating you? Your chart looks really good and you have great timing! FX for you!

Thanks for the chart stalk, PC!  I think FF was a little drunk, and my O was 2 days later than the CH. I'm going to try to hold out to test until early next week. We have friends coming in town this weekend, so I'm hopeful I can keep busy and not hoard pee sticks. 

QOTW: I love Christmas. My family is really into it, so that makes it a lot of fun. However, I'm a firm believer in no Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving. My neighbors just put up their Christmas lights last weekend, so I feel I'm in the minority. Maybe that's my UO. 
    FX for you! Hopefully being busy keeps your mind off it! Have fun!
  • Options
    RG1979 said:

@furrypaws That must be absolutely miserable for your DH. He will laugh about it when it is all behind him ;)

Thanks for the check-in @PinkCamino!!! And thanks @HoldingOutHope for getting me through a very rough time :)

I had my 5DT yesterday! We transferred one blast and one "almost blast". The doctor thinks that we may have one or two to freeze, so they will call me today with that report.

DH came with me for the transfer this time (he normally can't get off work) and he was amazed at the whole process. It was fun to watch as the doctor explained everything to him. We have had an emotional past month with the grief from our recent loss, and I could tell that he was very optimistic yesterday. No matter what happens, we are in a good place together and that makes me feel much better and very much relieved.

So glad your DH was able to be there with you for support! FX FX FX FX
  • Options
    leloyd said:
    Good morning PC!  Thank you so much for taking over the check in!

**snip**

@leloyd ~How's the bleeding this week? When are you supposed to be getting results from your RPL panel?

**snip**

So the bleeding is just continuing on.  So far I have had 7 days this month where I wasn't at least spotting and I am out of Midol.  But I should be starting the new birth control next week so FX that will solve the problem.  

As for the results of the RPL panel- I have no idea when to expect that back.  It looks like with Karyotyping it can take a couple of weeks so I don't know if they are going to give me all the results at once or give them to me on a rolling basis.  My guess is I should hear something back by the beginning of next month.  I did see online where my doctor's visit to the RE was covered by my insurance woot woot!  Now I just need for them to cover the lab work.  

QOTD - While Halloween (costumes) and St. Patrick's Day (met DH) are up there, I LOVE Christmas.  I love traditions and there is nothing like Christmas for traditions.  I love spending time with my family and decorating.  I love watching people's faces as they open presents.  I love watching craptastic made for tv Christmas movies.  
    I think it too 7 weeks to get all my results back. FX the wait is kind to you and you get some sort of answers. FX for you!
  • Options

lycih said:
    Thanks for the check in PC
    RG1979mrspipp good luck!!

Not a lot new to report... I got my herbs from my eastern medicine doc, so I'm less apprehensive overall than I was.  And, since I'll have been taking them +/- five weeks by the time I o again, I feel like I'll be "ok" emotionally to be TTC again.

QOTW: I have always loved halloween.  

What herbs are you taking? What are they for?
  • Options
    Thank you for the check-in and the shout-out @PinkCamino. You are going to rock as check-in leader and I really appreciate the much needed break, though I will be participating as much as possible. Love all the ladies here! :x

AFM: @HoldingOutHope ~ How are you doing lady? What's your plan moving forward? Have you settled in since your move?

I'm doing much better this week from an emotional standpoint, thanks love. I just got home after my follow-up with the RE. As expected, all test results came back absolutely perfect and we still have no answers. MH is feeling very good because she described his SA results as "rockin'" - ha! I didn't expect any answers since we'd already completed the RPL panels in August, but was hoping maybe the biopsy would give us an answer.

The doctor spent a good 30 minutes with me and we really put our heads together, which I appreciated. I really like her. We decided that MH and I will just go back to trying on our own (which we've already been doing this month, though my temps have been a complete disaster) using BA and my B vitamins and methylated folate. I'll also be using Crinone after O each cycle. If no success after 4 or so cycles, we would discuss trying Letrozole (she is anti-Clomid with me due to the thin lining issue I had on my one and only medicated cycle with the old RE). She really doesn't see any indications of an egg quality issue given the information we have from my testing and losses, and she is not of the camp that believes ovulation induction would help my eggs in any way - which is why we're not doing any treatment cycles just yet.

So, that's where I stand. Trust me, I didn't want to receive any bad news...but I have been dreading the "unexplained RPL" diagnosis. :(

As for the house: yes! We are all settled! We still have some major projects we want to accomplish, but nothing that will take place before the holidays. We absolutely love our new home and our neighborhood. :) Life is resuming some semblance of normalcy now. Back to our routines! We're also looking forward to a little getaway to Chicago for a long weekend this week - yippee!

I'll pop back in later to reply to everyone! I've been gone all morning, so need to get started with work here... :(

That sounds pretty much like the cocktail my MFM has me on. The B's lengthen your LP so be prepared for that because I totally forgot and suffered the inevitable mind fuck when I went 1 day longer.

FX for you moving forward. (((hugs))
  • Options

jj32 said:
    Thanks PC for the check-in and for taking over. Glad to get to know you more!

@furrypaws Oh.my.goodness. Your poor DH. Totally not funny, but reading it did make me laugh. I hope it heals quickly so you can HIO.

@megrae12 ((hugs)) lady. It is ok that you don't want to face them, take your time. GL with your meeting, I hope all goes well and you can get in.

@rg1979 FX for you!! Hope your report comes back good. Glad you are in a good place and feel content. ((hugs))

AFM: The get together was good aside from the fact that I was very sick. I had to call everyone and let them know they are welcome over, but it is up to them as I do not know if I was contagious. So a few people did not come over. It was a bummer. I am feeling better today but have a lingering cough. I had a physical today and I am also waiting on my blood results of the MTHFR and Factor V. 
    I probably would have called them to let them know too. I would hate to be blamed for making people sick ya know?

FX for your blood work results and hopefully you are feeling better!
  • Options
    BookishMommaBookishMomma member
    edited November 2014
    Can I come back? PC, thank you so much for taking over this check-in. It is truly my home here, and probably the only check-in I'll be participating in for a while, since DH and I really need to take a step back and a breather to reclaim our lives. 

An update on me: Last week I suffered my 4th miscarriage since this time last year. Just like my last miscarriage, we previously saw a healthy heartbeat before the loss. I won't go into all the details, since many of you lurked on PGAL, caught up with me here, or have sent PMs. THANK YOU. You have carried me through this.

DH and I have had many difficult conversations in the last few days, which I know we will continue to have. We plan to meet with our RE sometime soon, but are not feeling ready yet to discuss next steps, so I have not yet set up an appointment. It's likely we will move on to meds and IUI, since that was the plan before I got this last BFP. I'm not sure if we'll do IVF, even though I feel like that might be our best shot. I would do it, but DH is more hesitant. It's less about the financial cost than it is about the cost to our relationship and my mental health. I am tired and stressed and sick (literally... fever and cold and run down).

eta: QOTW: My favorite holiday is 4th of July. Not because I'm particularly patriotic or anything, but because I love summer and going out on the boat and watching fireworks.
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• Options
    Thanks @jj32 - I really appreciate it!  I hope your test results come back quickly!

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    Hashimoto's diagnosis 11/2011 / Endometriosis removal surgery 04/2013
    Other diagnosis: 1 mutation - PAI-1 gene
    BFP#1 9/27/2013  /  EDD 6/4/14  /  MC 10/17/2013
    BFP#2 3/4/14  /  EDD 11/13/14  /  CP
    BFP#3 6/7/14  / EDD 2/16/15  /  CP
    BFP #4 11/7/2014 / EDD 7/17/15  /  CP
    Current  Plan: Waiting to change RE... Appt on 1/16
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• Options
    Hi @pinkcamino thanks for taking over the check in and hi everyone! I have my retrieval estimated for next tues or wed, at my u/s today the follicles were only at about 12 and 13 right now and it's already day 9 but the doctor said he has me on a longer protocol. 

Not looking forward to the holidays much this year since we had had all these plans of having our baby during the holidays before the loss :( 

• Options
    Thank you @PinkCamino‌ for taking over the check in, and to @HoldingOutHope‌ for running it until now- you both rock :) (Pregnancy mentioned)........".......................... I'm having a hard time hiding under my rock, as one of my best friends (who lives 4 houses away) gave birth on Saturday. So I'm forcing myself to swallow my tears and focus on her, since she's reaching out for support. I was a mess on Saturday, as I was having ridiculous cramps and pain in my uterus from this stupid fibroid, while she was having the pain we all want. And then I was so mad at myself for feeling that way, vicious cycle. Anyhow, I'm still in waiting mode- 4 weeks from today I have my surgery. I'm trying to keep my brain from planning ahead, but it's oh so hard. I want to know when we can ttc again (I've been benched since my m/c in July), but it's dependent on how the surgery goes. The hope is we won't be benched more than a cycle or two, as long as my uterus doesn't need to be cut.

DD 15.07.2012

BFP #2 01.18.2014, MMC 04.10.2014 15w5d

BFP #3 07.18.2014, MC 07.31.2014 5w6d

DX: RPL due to submucosal uterine fibroid. Hysteroscopy 12/16. All clear!

image</a

• Options
    bunnybun4bunnybun4 member
    edited November 2014

Hi ladies...Hi @pinkcamino - thanks so much for taking over!!!

AFM- we retrieved 6 eggs on Sunday (which was a miracle given my monitoring last week..the dr. said at best we would get 3)...as of yesterday 4 were fertilized so now I am waiting till tomorrow to get my next fert report.  I am hanging in but IVF is such a rollercoaster...I knew it would be stressful but it is crazy.  We were on top of the world on Sunday after getting such a good report and now we are back to being scared.   eek.  so hoping we get a good report tomorrow.

if we still have 3-4 we will send them off to be tested...if we have 1-2 we will go ahead and transfer on Friday.

qotw:  so hard to chose a favorite...I guess christmas because it seems to last a while and it is so much fun to do christmas-y stuff all December.

edited to add- Bunny's angelversary is on Friday...so we could quite possibly be transferring that day.  I can't help but hope that that is a good, sweet sign.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Options

@Pinkcamino – thanks so much for taking over.  Can’t wait to get to know you better.

@HoldingOutHope – Love ya lady – thanks for taking such good care of us for so long.

@furrypaws – Poison Ivy down there… EEK!  What did he do?  Go pee in the woods with it on his hands?  ACK!

@frenchteachermama – I’m so hopeful that the surgery will be good for you.  Until then – good luck with those papers!!!!

@megrae12 – Sorry that you had that darned bug.  Sick isn’t fun.  I’m so hopeful for your grad school efforts though!!!!!

@mlal78 – FX you O earlier and that this cycle is good for you.

@RG1979 – I’ve got everything crossed for you. 

AFM – Physcially I’m much better.  Emotionally I’m still a bit raw.  My inlaws were here when the last loss happened and that was awkward… and they are coming back Thursday so that my MIL can have surgery here on Friday and my FIL can have a biopsy on Monday… They’ll be staying with us for like 2 weeks.  EEK.  We see a new specialist tomorrow, an MFM at the request of my OBGYN.  So, we’ll see what happens there.  I’m also looking into reproductive immunology and such.  @HoldingOutHope sent me a great blog post about a doctor and woman who had success with similar history to mine so I’m curious to see where that leads.  

I'm so glad you're being sent out to see a specialist! FX for answers and a solid plan.

Would you be willing to share that blog post?
  • Options
    Hi PC! Thank you so much for stepping up to run this check-in! @HoldingoutHope, thank you for all of the awesomeness in running this previously - you're amazing!

From the sounds of it, it will take about a week to get results. I'm hoping we hear back by Thanksgiving, so we can figure out what we're doing next - if there's anything to do, that is. We're hanging out, trying to settle into the new house, and letting our hearts continue to heal. This week is one of those how is it ONLY Tuesday?! weeks. Work is overwhelming, and I've been exhausted lately. Oof.

QOTW: I love the Christmas season, but my favorite holiday is Easter. I love our family traditions, and the flowers. Tulips are the best!

@furrypaws=)) I can't help but laugh at your husband's, uh, predicament. That's quite inconvenient! 

@Frenchteachermama I'm glad you have a date set for the surgery - hoping it all goes well. Rock it and get those papers done!

@megrae12 Hooray for grad school! I hope you get good news with that and are able to start in January!

@mlal78 Oh goodness. I hope you're able to get the stove all settled in and installed this weekend!

@mrspipp I totally agree with you about Christmas decor. Love the holiday, but I don't put anything up until after Thanksgiving. 

@RG1979 How exciting! FX for good things for you!

@leloyd Yay! So glad insurance is covering things! Hopefully the same will be true for the labs.

@lyclh Sounds like you're in a good spot. Glad you'll be feeling more okay about TTC.

@HoldingOutHope Ugh. I'm so sorry you weren't able to get more answers. What an awful diagnosis. It's like an un-diagnosis.

@jj32 I'm glad you're feeling better! I hope you get some answers.

@MrsG80inTN Sending you lots of ((hugs)). GL with the inlaws staying!
    FX for results and a plan for you!

Sorry to hear work is crazy, what type of work do you do?
  • Options
    Ally1986 said:
    Hey all - sorry I missed the check-in last week. I hate that I always feel like I post and run when this place is so supportive, so I debated on trying to fade out. But since Pink called me out on it... ;)

I'm here. My third weekly draw came back negative (woohoo!) so we're moving to monthly draws. So long as things stay negative, the plan for us is to stay on BC until January, then use February to get readjusted and hopefully be ready to go when we get cleared in March. 

This waiting sucks. But, it's almost Thanksgiving, then Christmas will be here, then in January we planned a getaway to Disney World! I've never been, so I'm pretty excited. After that, February is my birthday and March is my husband's, so hopefully one event per month will be enough to get us through. 

On a less-cheery note, we found out that my husband's grandmother has Pancreatic Cancer, which of course doesn't look good. So now, while I want to wish away the next four months, I'm also hoping they go slowly. Either way, that vacation cannot come fast enough. 

QOTW: What is your favorite holiday and why? Thanksgiving. Because it's all about family and friends and there's no pressure of gifts. 
    Yay for negative betas! FX they stay that way.

I'm so sorry about your DHs grandma. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    Can I come back? PC, thank you so much for taking over this check-in. It is truly my home here, and probably the only check-in I'll be participating in for a while, since DH and I really need to take a step back and a breather to reclaim our lives. 

An update on me: Last week I suffered my 4th miscarriage since this time last year. Just like my last miscarriage, we previously saw a healthy heartbeat before the loss. I won't go into all the details, since many of you lurked on PGAL, caught up with me here, or have sent PMs. THANK YOU. You have carried me through this.

DH and I have had many difficult conversations in the last few days, which I know we will continue to have. We plan to meet with our RE sometime soon, but are not feeling ready yet to discuss next steps, so I have not yet set up an appointment. It's likely we will move on to meds and IUI, since that was the plan before I got this last BFP. I'm not sure if we'll do IVF, even though I feel like that might be our best shot. I would do it, but DH is more hesitant. It's less about the financial cost than it is about the cost to our relationship and my mental health. I am tired and stressed and sick (literally... fever and cold and run down).

eta: QOTW: My favorite holiday is 4th of July. Not because I'm particularly patriotic or anything, but because I love summer and going out on the boat and watching fireworks.
    You are more than welcome here. I hate that you are back but I want you to know that we're here for you with open arms.

Can I ask you what type of testing you've had so far? if any?
  • Options
    Hi @pinkcamino thanks for taking over the check in and hi everyone! I have my retrieval estimated for next tues or wed, at my u/s today the follicles were only at about 12 and 13 right now and it's already day 9 but the doctor said he has me on a longer protocol. 

Not looking forward to the holidays much this year since we had had all these plans of having our baby during the holidays before the loss :( 

FX for you! Grow follies grow!
  • Options
    LauraO11 said:
    Thank you @PinkCamino‌ for taking over the check in, and to @HoldingOutHope‌ for running it until now- you both rock :) (Pregnancy mentioned)........".......................... I'm having a hard time hiding under my rock, as one of my best friends (who lives 4 houses away) gave birth on Saturday. So I'm forcing myself to swallow my tears and focus on her, since she's reaching out for support. I was a mess on Saturday, as I was having ridiculous cramps and pain in my uterus from this stupid fibroid, while she was having the pain we all want. And then I was so mad at myself for feeling that way, vicious cycle. Anyhow, I'm still in waiting mode- 4 weeks from today I have my surgery. I'm trying to keep my brain from planning ahead, but it's oh so hard. I want to know when we can ttc again (I've been benched since my m/c in July), but it's dependent on how the surgery goes. The hope is we won't be benched more than a cycle or two, as long as my uterus doesn't need to be cut.
    Oh gosh, that must be so hard. ((hugs)) you are a stronger woman then me because I just wouldn't be able to show any support. FX it's as easy as possible on you.

FX for surgery soon! I know how long it feels, I was benched for 18 months waiting for corrective surgery so I totally get how time just feels like it stands still. Hopefully they can remove the fibroid with the hysteroscopy and wont need to cut through the uterus!
  • Options

@furrypaws - poor DH!!!  I got the WORST case of poison ivy ever about 4 years ago from rescuing a stray dog.  It was intense and no fun.  I did do a lot of research and the only way it spreads is if the original oil from the plant is still on his skin.

@frenchteachermama - I hope the time flies to get to your surgery.  I would be so frustrated too.

@megrae12 - ((hugs))  I can totally understand wanting to skip xmas.  if this ivf cycle doesn't work I don't know what I am going to do.

@mlal78- fx that you O soon.  I would die without my stove!!!

@mrspipp - fx for you this cycle.

@rg1979 - everything is crossed for you!!! and how awesome that you'll get some frosties!!!

@leloyd - fx you get your results back soon and that your body starts cooporating and stops bleeding!

@lyclh - glad you are feeling more ready.  ((hugs))

@holdingouthope - I'm happy that they didn't find anything wrong but still frustrated that you don't have any answers.  It sounds like you really like your new RE though which is great.

@jj32 - I hope you feel better soon!

@mrsg80intn- so many ((hugs))...I hope you can find some answers soon.  and boo on your in laws coming for so long...I can't imagine.

@readinglove - ((big hugs))

@ally1986- i hope your time on the bench flies by!

@bookishmama - I am so so sorry.  t's and p's that ya'll can come up with a plan that you both feel good about.

@discourgaed31- FX for you!!!  grow follies grow!

@laurao11- I'm so sorry...i think we can all understand being so upset about other people's babies...it is so hard.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Options
    Hey @PinkCamino, thanks for taking over the check in! How are you this week?

AFM: Our timing was ok ( O-4 and O-2), but DH had some difficulty and I got very frustated with him. I cried and we had an argument because I keep asking him to get his testosterone checked and he just won't. I go to multiply appointments, get blood work and many internal ultrasounds every cycle and he won't get one simple blood test! Gah, I get worked up just thinking about. 

Tomorrow I have an appointment, blood work to make sure I ovulated I guess. I also have to talk about what to do if this cycle doesn't work, because I will get AF just before or on Thanksgiving and we will be away and can't do CD3 ultrasound and blood work. So will they give me the clomid next with out these things? 

QOTW: My favorite is Christmas, it's close to my birthday and I love our family Christmas party. 

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @PinkCamino‌ thanks so much for taking over the check in.

Ladies, I apologize for not having personalized messages to you all. I'm only hone for about 20 minutes before heading out again.

So, our 5th IUI was a bust. I just found out yesterday that I didn't even respond well to the clomid, as my 7dpo progesterone level was only an 8, which is better than the 6 it was on letrozole

I have our ivf consult scheduled for next Monday. I'm just feeling so hopeless

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @PinkCamino‌- Thanks for running the check in.

Sorry ladies, I am mobile so I won't be able to respond to everyone. :( For some reason the bump won't let me post on the computer. AF finally showed up today. My cycles are usually 29 days, but this cycle was 32. I don't temp anymore, so it shocked me when AF wasn't here and seeing a bfn. My cycles have been wonky after my last loss and I hope they regulate soon. Oh, and feeling nauseous during my tww has to stop, yuck!
  • Options
    Hey pretty lady! Thank you for taking over this check-in! It is a HUGE job and I know you will be wonderful!

@buggirl72 ~ Miss you lady. I hope you are well. Pop in and update us when you have a minute okay?

I miss you too! Not much going on here.  I've got another assignment that should keep me pretty busy into the second week of December which is great timing with the holidays!

Mr. Bug and I are doing some work on the house. I painted the guest room and he picked out furniture for the house :D
    We are having a lot of fun making the house ours and getting rid of the hideous colors that the previous owners picked.

On the TTCAL front - nothing much. NTNP and monitoring my cycles for the OB (basically keep track of length and bleeding). I have a follow-up at the beginning of January. My cycles seem to be holding at 21-24 days right now. Not sure what he will want to do. He mentioned another endometrial biopsy or possibly operative lap.  We shall see.

QOTD - My favorite holiday? I do love Christmas. Mr. Bug and I have a pretty fun holiday :)

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @PinkCamino Hey lady thanks for taking over. And thanks @HoldingOutHope for running it for so long! I totally haven't gotten to the yoga, and my MIL has the sewing machine so I have gotten nowhere. LOL Instead I have been shoveling the almost 3 feet of snow we have out there and singing my little heart out (as well as I can with pneumonia). Today we had our Federal Review at the childcare center where I work, so i am pooped. I had a 12 hr day. Kill me now!  :) So this is a post and run because my bed is calling ladies! I will be back to make this more personal tomorrow. <3
    Me: 24 
    DH: 25
    BFP: 1/12/14       EDD: 9/18/14     MC: 1/15/14
    BFP: 5/6/14         EDD: 1/5/15       MC: 5/10/14
    BFP: 12/29/14      EDD: 9/12/15      MC: 1/5/15
    Dx: PCOS - 8/20/14, Hashimoto's - 10/10/14, Gluten Allergy 10/10/14

My Chart

TTCAL January Challenge
  • Options
    @buggirl72 I commend you for letting Mr. Bug pick furniture. If I did that, we would have gaming chairs all over our house b/c H is fascinated by them. 
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    DX: stage 2 Endo 2012, PCOS 7/2/14,  HSG 6/11/14, Lefty open!!
    BFP#1, EDD: 4/27/14, Missed EP confirmed: 9/23/13, R tube removal: 9/25/13 
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    Clomid/TI#2=BFN, Clomid/TI #3=CP
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15
    On a treatment break: 2 natural cycles. Saving money, sigh*

Goodbye my sweet babies. We miss you so much
    All Welcome

• Options
    Hi, @‌pinkcamino We don't know. If we continue TTC and are successful, I won't be able to attend my top choice med school if I am accepted since I'd be due right around the start time. We agreed to TTC only if I'd be due during my four months off, but that window has closed now.

Met with my family doctor to request a beta (to make absolutely sure) and a scrip for an IUD, since I'd like to keep charting while TTA so that when we are ready to try again (sometime next year) I have a bunch of recent charts to reference to know what is going on. Things are very weird right now. My last AF was only one day and my temps are still way above last cycle's coverline (I'm CD11 now). The beta was less than 1.2 mIu so I'm definitely not pregnant, but my progesterone must be elevated. CL cyst? I think probably.

Plus, after two CPs in a row, I don't think I can emotionally take continuing to try right now, but I'm not quite ready to call to have that IUD put in. I really don't know.

~ K.

PCOS, EDS III, low progesterone. Six early losses (5-8 weeks,) 1 twin loss. Surprise natural BFP 2014-12-17
    Ectopic dx and MTX 2015-01-02.
  • Options
    mara005 said:
    Hey @PinkCamino, thanks for taking over the check in! How are you this week?

AFM: Our timing was ok ( O-4 and O-2), but DH had some difficulty and I got very frustated with him. I cried and we had an argument because I keep asking him to get his testosterone checked and he just won't. I go to multiply appointments, get blood work and many internal ultrasounds every cycle and he won't get one simple blood test! Gah, I get worked up just thinking about. 

Tomorrow I have an appointment, blood work to make sure I ovulated I guess. I also have to talk about what to do if this cycle doesn't work, because I will get AF just before or on Thanksgiving and we will be away and can't do CD3 ultrasound and blood work. So will they give me the clomid next with out these things? 

QOTW: My favorite is Christmas, it's close to my birthday and I love our family Christmas party. 

((hugs)) I know how terrible that frustration is - I have the same issue with dh some cycle. FX he'll change his mind and be open to investigating if their might be a problem. But, 0-4 and 0-2 isn't terrible timing either. FX for you. Let us know how the appointment goes today!

• Options
    @PinkCamino‌ thanks so much for taking over the check in. Ladies, I apologize for not having personalized messages to you all. I'm only hone for about 20 minutes before heading out again. So, our 5th IUI was a bust. I just found out yesterday that I didn't even respond well to the clomid, as my 7dpo progesterone level was only an 8, which is better than the 6 it was on letrozole I have our ivf consult scheduled for next Monday. I'm just feeling so hopeless
    (((((hugs))))) I'm so sorry.

I don't know much about clomid but is it guaranteed that it'll raise your progesterone? Are the progesterone levels and indication of how you responded to the meds?

FX for your consult Monday, hopefully you'll be able to come up with a plan that you and your Dh are comfortable with.
  • Options
    Rocks526 said:
    @PinkCamino‌- Thanks for running the check in. Sorry ladies, I am mobile so I won't be able to respond to everyone. :( For some reason the bump won't let me post on the computer. AF finally showed up today. My cycles are usually 29 days, but this cycle was 32. I don't temp anymore, so it shocked me when AF wasn't here and seeing a bfn. My cycles have been wonky after my last loss and I hope they regulate soon. Oh, and feeling nauseous during my tww has to stop, yuck!
    So many ((hugs)) I'm sorry about AF.
  • Options
    buggirl72 said:
    Hey pretty lady! Thank you for taking over this check-in! It is a HUGE job and I know you will be wonderful!

I miss you too! Not much going on here.  I've got another assignment that should keep me pretty busy into the second week of December which is great timing with the holidays!

Mr. Bug and I are doing some work on the house. I painted the guest room and he picked out furniture for the house :D
    We are having a lot of fun making the house ours and getting rid of the hideous colors that the previous owners picked.

On the TTCAL front - nothing much. NTNP and monitoring my cycles for the OB (basically keep track of length and bleeding). I have a follow-up at the beginning of January. My cycles seem to be holding at 21-24 days right now. Not sure what he will want to do. He mentioned another endometrial biopsy or possibly operative lap.  We shall see.

QOTD - My favorite holiday? I do love Christmas. Mr. Bug and I have a pretty fun holiday :)
    Yay for all the work you're doing at home. I saw the pics you had posted and I LOVE the color you picked. Any other home improvement plans on the agenda?

FX for that follow up appointment. I'm glad you're being proactive and keeping an eye on your cycles so you can go to that appointment armed with as much information as possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"