July 2015 Moms
Options

IVF Babes?

Hi!  Just curious if any other July moms were successful with IVF treatments.  Would love to connect with other women who are around the same dating and taking similar supplements.  My husband and I had our first IVF cycle in October at Seattle Reproductive with a SET and had a BFP on Oct. 27th.  So very excited!  Currently on Endometrin and a synthoid for Hypothyroidism.  

Re: IVF Babes?

• Options
    Currently 7 weeks and 0 Days. 
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hey. I just got my bfp last Sunday after a first try with IVF. We had to do a FET because my ovaries got overstimulated for the retrieval. I am currently on Estrogen patches and Progesterone pills (4x day), suppository once a day and shots once a day. Going for my first beta tomorrow. How many embryos did you transfer? We transferred 2 day 6 blastocysts which thawed successfully without any damage to the structure. I got my bfp 4 days after the transfer so I am secretly hoping for twins since the positive came out very strong so early. :-) If my calculations are correct I am 4 weeks and 3 days pregnant today.
           BabyFruit Ticker      
                Our Rainbow Baby 
                                                                 Image and video hosting by TinyPic                                                    
          Me- 28, DH- 32 ----> together six years, married June 2012
    TTC ---> since the wedding night
    Initial diagnosis of PCOS, currently labeled as unexplained infertility
    Clomid and trigger shot regimen
    BFP 12/20/13, EDD 8/25/2014, baby got his wings at 11 weeks and 3 days.
    IVF - 2 day6 frozen embryos transferred 11/5/14, 9 frozen babies
    BFP 11/9/14, EDD 7/24/2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yah- congrats!  We decided to do a SET- single embryo transfer.  My husband works out of town for a few weeks at a time and I do not think I could take care of twins on my own.  We had two top grade, day 5 blastocysts.  So we transferred one and have a frostie!  

My levels were really strong also!  My HCG more than quadrupled within 2 days of testing.  So I am hoping he is a little trooper and will be a strong one all the way through.  

I was so afraid of the overstimulization.  How long did you have to wait before transfer?
  • Options
    I'm 7w3d after our 9th IVF FET. We also did a SET as I have an autoimmune disorder. My numbers started out low (I think anyway) but we've already seen and heard the heartbeat twice :-)
  • Options
    Hello I am a success FET mom
    It was my 3 try !
  • Options
    This was our 2nd IVF, we transferred two and I'm 5w5d. Ultrasound is Thursday, very nervous and excited!!
  • Options
    I'm 6w 3d. I've been reluctant to post as of late b/c I've had bleeding/spotting on and off and don't have my first official sono until next Monday, Nov. 24th. 

I have PCOS so my doc opted for us to do a FET. I only had two little embryos and both fertilized but only one was frozen on day 5. I was very pleasantly surprised when I found out I was pregnant. DH and I feel very blessed and hope that all is well with Peanut (in-utero name for baby). 

I'm on Progesterone suppositories (3x daily) and Estrace (2x daily).  
  • Options
    We are 6w5d today after our first cycle last month and are thrilled!
    We have an appt today for our original u/s but had issues last week and were able to go in Friday to find two healthy heartbeats!
    I'm glad there's more ivf moms out there since our struggle is so much difficult and different than most.
  • Options
    tswinson said:

I'm 6w 3d. I've been reluctant to post as of late b/c I've had bleeding/spotting on and off and don't have my first official sono until next Monday, Nov. 24th. 

I have PCOS so my doc opted for us to do a FET. I only had two little embryos and both fertilized but only one was frozen on day 5. I was very pleasantly surprised when I found out I was pregnant. DH and I feel very blessed and hope that all is well with Peanut (in-utero name for baby). 

We had spotting last Friday. It wasn't a lot and it was bright red and the doctor believes it's from the suppositories, perhaps that's why you're spotting also?
  • Options
    MrsB91512 said:

We had spotting last Friday. It wasn't a lot and it was bright red and the doctor believes it's from the suppositories, perhaps that's why you're spotting also?
    My nurse suspected this as well but the bright red bleeding happened twice (no cramping) and then spotting on another day. Needless to say I'm very careful about the placement of those suppositories. I guess I'm also scared b/c this pregnancy is so very different from my first one (no IVF, just clomid and lots of intercourse). 

Either way, I'm glad there are others like me on this board. I'll keep you ladies posted. 
  • Options
    ThreeXsaCharmThreeXsaCharm member
    edited November 2014
    Got one here with an FET with a SET.  Our first IVF! Who's one, little fierce fighter.

We also had genetic testing done as well...as we wanted to make sure genetically our little bean was sound.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image   image
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Anyone getting those lovely progesterone oil shots?  How scared were you the first time you had the shot?  Especially seeing the size of that freakin' needle!!!  I freaked out on my DH.  My RE and my nurse had called me separately to give me a push, you can do this call.   
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image   image
  • Options
    I'm 7w2d and this is my first IVF. We worked with SRM also! We transferred one and have one more frozen. Had an us last Friday and everything looked good except dr "noted" our yolk sac was measuring a little small? Super nervous for our next us on the 25th, but IVF dr transferred us to our regular ob and didn't seem too concerned so who knows! Only taking endometrin and a thyroid Ned as well. I'm with you original poster as it seems we have a very similar situation. Good luck everyone!!
  • Options

Anyone getting those lovely progesterone oil shots?  How scared were you the first time you had the shot?  Especially seeing the size of that freakin' needle!!!  I freaked out on my DH.  My RE and my nurse had called me separately to give me a push, you can do this call.   

Oh goodness you poor thing! I would have been the same way! I freaked when we had to do the trigger shot for our egg retrieval...the nurses even drew a circle on my butt so my hubby knew where to inject! Awful!!! Hang in there! It will be worth it!!!
  • Options

I was pretty used to my husband stabbing me by the time we started the progesterone shots.
    Have you tried icing the area for 20-30 minutes before hand? That works best for me and half the time, I can barely feel the needle.
  • Options
    MrsB91512 said:
    I was pretty used to my husband stabbing me by the time we started the progesterone shots. Have you tried icing the area for 20-30 minutes before hand? That works best for me and half the time, I can barely feel the needle.
    LOL....you kidding.. We (or should I say "I") have an entire ritual and routine we go through each time.  Bless his soul.. LOL..  He ices my bum for me for 10 minutes, no more or no less while I'm watching the news.  Then I'll say the same thing each time, "make sure you spread my skin taunt!".  I give him the go ahead and then it's done.  I'm pretty much use to them but I still can't stand to look at the HUGE needle.   ***shudder***
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image   image
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    kleinjm1 said:    ".... Hang in there! It will be worth it!!!"

YOU are so right..I
    embrace every needle I get and every symptom I have, even the RLP I am getting now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image   image
  • Options
    kleinjm1 said:
    ...and everything looked good except dr "noted" our yolk sac was measuring a little small? Super nervous for our next us on the 25th, but IVF dr transferred us to our regular ob and didn't seem too concerned so who knows! Only taking endometrin and a thyroid Ned as well. I'm with you original poster as it seems we have a very similar situation. Good luck everyone!!
    Wow your RE transferred you to your regular OB?  I have not even told my OB yet.  (He delivered both our babies.)  I won't get released to go to my OB until after my first trimester according to my RE.

Good luck on your next appt. and congratulations to you and your husband.  Congratulations to all the IVF mamas who have taken this extraordinary journey.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image   image
  • Options
    Yes, we have a ritual too but the needle doesn't scare me, which is good because the for some reason, he cannot load this injection correctly. I have to do it every time and I don't think about the size anymore. I just remember that it's for the good of our Bubbles, which is our in-utero name for the babies.
  • Options
    MrsB91512 said:
    Yes, we have a ritual too but the needle doesn't scare me, which is good because the for some reason, he cannot load this injection correctly. I have to do it every time and I don't think about the size anymore. I just remember that it's for the good of our Bubbles, which is our in-utero name for the babies.
    LOL...I'm at a loss with how to even do it.  DH has been managing all my shots..

Love your nickname. So adorable.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image   image
  • Options
    jefa621 said:
    I just wanted to say how happy I am for all you ladies. We didn’t do ivf but we did iui for our little one. I can only imagine how hard the road was to get here. Congratulations to you all! :x
    That was very sweet of you.  Thank you.  Congratulations to you as well.  We tried with IUI several times but failed.  Would have been more cost-effective for us (LOL) since our IVF is paid out of our pocket with no insurance assistance... Pesky CT laws when it comes to the age of a woman...evidently CT dictates who can become a mother.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image   image
  • Options
    In regards to the lovely progesterone shots - how do you ladies get rid of the pain after the shot? The shot for me isn't that bad....but the next day my butt is sore...and it keeps being sore since I take those shots every day. Also...I started developing bruises now and overall it feels like my tush is a lot more sensitive now...any advice?
           BabyFruit Ticker      
                Our Rainbow Baby 
                                                                 Image and video hosting by TinyPic                                                    
          Me- 28, DH- 32 ----> together six years, married June 2012
    TTC ---> since the wedding night
    Initial diagnosis of PCOS, currently labeled as unexplained infertility
    Clomid and trigger shot regimen
    BFP 12/20/13, EDD 8/25/2014, baby got his wings at 11 weeks and 3 days.
    IVF - 2 day6 frozen embryos transferred 11/5/14, 9 frozen babies
    BFP 11/9/14, EDD 7/24/2015

• Options
    edited November 2014
    In regards to the lovely progesterone shots - how do you ladies get rid of the pain after the shot? The shot for me isn't that bad....but the next day my butt is sore...and it keeps being sore since I take those shots every day. Also...I started developing bruises now and overall it feels like my tush is a lot more sensitive now...any advice?
    My DH just gave me my shot...  No laughing...seriously.. LOL  but how can not.  My DH rubs the area after my shot, per the directions from our RE nurse.  We also ice the area for 10 minutes prior.  I have no idea for the day after but it relieves the pressure that I feel immediately after it's done.

I can only remember one of my shots hurting the day after.  Have you massaged the area afterwards? If not, give it a try it may help a bit.  Maybe you are prone to bruising more??  Maybe ask your nurse, perhaps she can give you some sound advice.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image   image
  • Options

I'm jumping in here, since I'm pregnant with my 2nd IVF baby. This pregnancy resulted from an FET of an embryo left over from the cycle when I got pregnant with my son (also an FET, my fresh IVF cycle failed).

For the PIO shots, it's been a few years since I had to do those but I remembered I would ice the area before the shot, and then lay down on a heating pad for 10 minutes after. That seemed to do the trick since I had very little soreness or pain.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Anyone having issues with the PIO? I've been getting a rash/hives at night across my backside! Ugh.. The things we do!

I have not had any issues really.. Have you asked your RE?  Last thing you need is to be allergic to your PIO shots..  Those shots are horrible enough.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image   image
  • Options
    Our doctor said it's normal to get sore and have some bruising and that there was nothing to really do. We were also warned to not use a heating pad for more than 2 minutes as it could heat up you internally, so we stay away from that completely.
    I've found that my injection areas are less tender now and that my body has adjusted to the needles .
  • Options
    20 days of the shots !!!
  • Options
    kleinjm1 said:
    I'm 7w2d and this is my first IVF. We worked with SRM also! We transferred one and have one more frozen. Had an us last Friday and everything looked good except dr "noted" our yolk sac was measuring a little small? Super nervous for our next us on the 25th, but IVF dr transferred us to our regular ob and didn't seem too concerned so who knows! Only taking endometrin and a thyroid Ned as well. I'm with you original poster as it seems we have a very similar situation. Good luck everyone!!
    Yah!  So cool to hear someone else went through SRM. We traveled from Montana to the clinic and have been very happy with them.  Our first u/s is tomorrow- super nervous as well!  Good luck!

• Options
    kleinjm1 said:
    ...and everything looked good except dr "noted" our yolk sac was measuring a little small? Super nervous for our next us on the 25th, but IVF dr transferred us to our regular ob and didn't seem too concerned so who knows! Only taking endometrin and a thyroid Ned as well. I'm with you original poster as it seems we have a very similar situation. Good luck everyone!!
    Wow your RE transferred you to your regular OB?  I have not even told my OB yet.  (He delivered both our babies.)  I won't get released to go to my OB until after my first trimester according to my RE.

Good luck on your next appt. and congratulations to you and your husband.  Congratulations to all the IVF mamas who have taken this extraordinary journey.
    I was also transferred to my regular OB but only because we traveled to do IVF.  Went to have treatment in Seattle and live in Montana.  Maybe it is the same with this poster?  Only frustration for me is that my normal OB clinic seems to "forget" I was having fertility treatments in Seattle.  Asking why I was already on a synthoid for hypothyroid, why the early u/s?  Come on!
  • Options
    As far as PIO, this round I tried using a massager and it is like night and day. It's a heated massager I found at CVS. I put it on the site for 5 mins afterword!

• Options
    Hi! I am 5w4d from a single FET, EDD 7/17. This was our first transfer after 2 stim cycles. We also did PGS to make sure embie is genetically normal mainly because of my age, 39, but also because we ttc for 2 years with one really early mc. I am cautiously optimistic.
    BFP 10/31/12, MC 11/9/12 - We had to say goodbye before we could really say hello. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh! And I am also on the wonderful PIO shots everyday, 2 progesterone pills daily, estrogen patches and pills and a baby asprin. Fun, fun!
    BFP 10/31/12, MC 11/9/12 - We had to say goodbye before we could really say hello. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BAYOUWIFE said:
    Oh! And I am also on the wonderful PIO shots everyday, 2 progesterone pills daily, estrogen patches and pills and a baby asprin. Fun, fun!
    I'm on patches too...Vivelle (2 and changing every three days).  Congrats on your pregnancy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image   image
  • Options
    Anyone having issues with the PIO? I've been getting a rash/hives at night across my backside! Ugh.. The things we do!

Are you doing a EMLA Cream(Lidocaine/Prilocaine) with a patch beforehand?? I have a rash/hives on my backside and Dr thinks Im having a mild reaction, they said I could switch to suppositories but I already bought the remainder of my PIO shots through Dec and not sure that I would like the suppositories much better.

AFM: We did IVF also, most of my story is in my siggy but this is our first attempt at IVF and first pregnancy after 5 years of TTC. We are thrilled, we transplanted 2 embies and are expecting 2 lil fireflies!!

**********SIGGY WARNING**********ALL WELCOME**********

Me:31   DH:32   TTC:5+ years  Twins:via IVF 5/21/2015  TwinlessTwin/Angel Baby:9/14/15  Fur Babies:2
    Struggled with infertility, hubby was in the military. TTC since Jun08 (on and off due to deployments, training, and relocating). We did the "white dress" wedding Nov09. Hubby came home, medically retired USAF July, 4th 2010. OBGYN#1
    Oct10-Dec12: All paps and exams normal, TTC naturally, tracked OV,CM,BBT. OBGYN#2 Jan13-Sept13:Second opinion, tested everything, Several rounds Clomid50mg, all BFN. Laparoscopy for Endometriosis, Cysts removed, Tubes untwisted, HSG clear, Scarring left ovary and tubes. Jan14-Aug14 Cycle of Lupron, Several more rounds of Clomid 50mg all BFN. Began IVFSept14-RE in CLE:) CD1(9/28). Stimming began 10/1 Microdose Lupron Protocol (150Follistim/AM,150Menopur/PM,20Lupron 2xDay). 7follies(right) 3follies(left). Trigger 10/10(10,000HCG). ER 10/12(5R,4M,4F). ET 10/15 Transferred two perfect Embies(8cell/9cell). Beta #1(14dp3d/4w) 362 BFP/Beta #2(21dp3dt/5w) 8,273/First Ultrasound(6w4d)11-12 confirmed twin pregnancy. Ultrasound Jan15 G/G di/di twins. PROM 33w4d emergency C/S. BabyA:3lb12oz,18in (45dayNICU), BabyB:4lb5oz,17in (30dayNICU). Lost BabyB to SIDS 9/14/15. BabyA is my whole world but struggles in the 1% delayed development, with many other health problems.

• Options
    Hi ladies! I'm 5w2d after an fet cycle. We had a bfp with our fresh cycle in May, but sadly that ended in an early loss. Am cautiously optimistic that this baby/babies (we transferred 2 blasts) will hang on!! My first ultrasound is next week and I'm counting the minutes.
    Congrats to you all- it absolutely melts my heart to read your happy news after all the trials IF puts us through.
    Married to DH since 2010, TTC since 2012
    2 Furbaby pups, Miley and Ally
    Unexplained IF, 3 rounds clomid= BFN, IUI+femara 2/14 = BFN, IVF 5/14 = BFP!  MMC 7/14.  FET 10/31/14= BFP!!!  2 gestational sacs, one baby with a heartbeat.  Praying for our little bean sprout!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EmMilAlly said:
    Hi ladies! I'm 5w2d after an fet cycle. We had a bfp with our fresh cycle in May, but sadly that ended in an early loss. Am cautiously optimistic that this baby/babies (we transferred 2 blasts) will hang on!! My first ultrasound is next week and I'm counting the minutes. Congrats to you all- it absolutely melts my heart to read your happy news after all the trials IF puts us through.

We are two days apart!
  • Options
    First U/S yesterday and we finally got to see our little blueberry!  Everything was perfect and we are so relieved.  Hearing the heartbeat was the most amazing and exciting thing.  Feeling so blessed that this whole process worked after waiting so long for this moment. 

Good luck to all as we head in to the next weeks and months! <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"