February 2015 Moms

Finally Friday Spam

Good early morning, ladies!

I was so uncomfortable in bed that I went ahead and got up at 4.  

It is 25 degrees with a windchill of 12, so I put the dogs' fleece jammies on and took them out to potty.  They are so confused by my constantly changing sleep schedule!

I hope you all have an amazing day! <3
MMC October 2010
BFP #2 June 3, 2014
Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
Team PURPLE!!
We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Finally Friday Spam

• Loading the player...
  • @sugahcookie01 I hope the vigil is lovely and I will get the picture ASAP so that you have a few smileys :)

@erobbins09 I did the same thing last night.  I washed all the newborn clothes, all the swaddlers, all the blankets, and organized them in the nursery.  DH now thinks I'm nuts.  But wasn't it mildly fun and exciting??!!!

@ChickenOnSunday I hope that the new meds help W ASAP!  I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to figure out what's going on.  Good luck!!
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Team PURPLE!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I had grand plans of running a few errands this morning with DS2 and DD in tow.  DD refused to change out of her pajamas only wanting to put on her swimsuit and DS2 had a semi-major meltdown. It turns out he thinks he did something bad and Santa is not going to bring him anything.  After much prodding, he told me he was mean to his brother yesterday but will not give me any more details. Whatever it is, he feels extremely bad about it.  This took up about 2 hours of my time.  It's now time for lunch and our day is full from here on out…  So much for getting anything done.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @ChickenOnSunday‌ wow that's a LOT of not so fun stuff. Good luck to you and Willa and hopefully there's something they can do with adjusting meds before a feeding tube is needed? :/ fx

@kefttsc‌ I know :/ I kind of loved folding all of the little boy things and loving on how tiny they are! Most of what I got was 0-3 or just 3 month stuff but there were a couple newborn things and I may have like cradled one in my arm to try to picture it :/ so crazy

On another note... I am now a WRECK. I just read the article on the "Blackbird" dad and I honestly would only recommend it if you are one strong lady when it comes to loss... It's a beautiful but tragic story that's been popping up online a lot right now. I couldn't even watch the video.

• HailsMomHailsMom member
    edited November 2014
    I came in early to work today to get some stuff done before I have to leave for my 3 hour test. :(  I am sooo tired.

@kefttsc fleece jamies sound awesome!
    @Sughacookie01 thinking of you guys!   I haven't been able to watch the news the last couple of days, how is the sister doing? Do you know?
    @ChickenonSunday hope you guys get things figured out with W!  Has/does she have tubes in her ears? Is that a thought at this point if not?
    @erobbins09 if you run out of stuff at your place, I have plenty of baby and toddler clothes that need to be washed and folded... ;)

@willvilljill and anyone else doing glucose tests today - good luck!

ETA: fix tag
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Feb'15 November Siggy Challenge:
  • Hello it's Friday!
    Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Morning girls!

@kefttsc‌ the dog jammies made me smile! My dachshund has been with me since college and when I would take him on campus his harness had a backpack attached so he fit right in. It sounds like your dogs don't mind the clothes either!

@sugahcookie01‌ I'm so sorry and hope you and your school get through this hard time together

@erobbins09‌ is it weird I'm jealous of your new goodies and the laundry part? Sounds like you're getting shit done!

@ChickenOnSunday‌ I hope your little girl feels better soon. That sounds like an exhausting week.

It's Friday over here and my sister is coming over tonight to hang while her husband is out of town. My parents are so excited for their first grandchild they have booked a 3d/4d ultrasound tomorrow and I'm really excited. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • @missystephens two of the boys LOVE their jammies.  One tolerates them :)
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Team PURPLE!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Good morning! I slept HORRIBLY last night- was awakened by what I think was my first Braxton Hicks contraction, and then my little girl was kicking all over the place from 1:30-6, when my alarm goes off :(. I foresee myself acting like a big ol' baby when my first graders don't take pity on me. At least it's Friday!

@kefttsc‌ - I too need to see these fleece doggie jammies :)

@erobbins09‌ I saw that blackbird video too... Uncontrollable bawling on the couch:(. It's all over Facebook right now.

@sugahcookie01‌ - I hope the vigil is nice and brings peace to those involved. I'll be thinking of you today for your grandfather's surgery as well .
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • FB annoyance: the same FB group I got the clothes from has a post this morning for people seeking fundraising for their special needs children. They are trying to buy a service dog.

They have ADHD.

• @sugahcookie01‌ I hope today goes as well as it can and some of the students get the closure they need from it.

Can't remember who has the dogs in pjs but I need a pic!

I slept like hell last night and I woke up to two not so great texts. Apparently the heat in my office building is broken so I need to dress warm for work today. Is 14 degrees out right now. This WILL NOT be fun. But FX I hear about the new job! I really need it and will probably cry if I don't get it. Happy Friday to all and I hope no one else has to be a Popsicle today.
  • Got woken up at 5:45 by crashing around outside my bedroom patio door. It scared the shit out of me, I ran upstairs to get DH (he has been sleeping in the guest room, just for my comfort) but we couldn't see anything outside. It was hard to get back to sleep.
    Also, there is some sort of animal living in the ceiling/attic I think. Something else to call the house manager for! Gosh, stuff just never ends with this house!!

@kefttsc I am waiting anxiously for the pic of your pups!! Sorry you'er not sleeping :(

@erobbins09 good lord I saw the description of that Blackbird video on my FB trending and couldn't even hover over it. You are brave. Greys Anatomy was terrifying enough for pregnant ladies last night!!

@animalcrckr aw Im sorry morning plans didn't work out. Kids are fun eh? ;) And that is awfully sweet about DS. At least he feels bad! I swear Santa was invented to keep kids in line. ;)

@ChickenOnSunday Im sorry about W's issues. Poor babe. I hope you guys get her meds and throwing up figured up really quick. ((hugs))

@sugahcookie01 thinking of your school community today. And your Poppop <3

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @sugahcookie01‌ I must have missed the original post about your students, so please let me say that I am so sorry. That is heartbreaking. I'm glad the mom and one sister are doing as well as can be expected. Hopefully the vigil helps bring closure to the other students. Also thinking of your grandpa today!

I am actually off today, but have a major chore list here at home. I took a vacation day just to get shit down at home...
    image         image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sugahcookie01‌ I'll be thinking of you today! FX for your poppop!
    @ChickenOnSunday‌ hope Willa feels better soon. You will be missed!

TGIF!! <:-P
  • I'm posting first and reading later:

I know the power of the F15 girls and I just wanted to ask you for some T&Ps for my friends little son who was born w HLHS. I just received news that he most likely will not make it through the day today after a long and hard fought battle... He's a little trooper and I'm hoping that the doctors are wrong and I know that just saying a little prayer (or whatever you prefer) can't hurt...

Thanks in advance my lovely F15er's... :x

***July Siggy Challenge***
    Favorite Summer Time Treat: "Anything Poolside!"

IAmPregnant Ticker

• wirtlehm said:

I'm posting first and reading later:

I know the power of the F15 girls and I just wanted to ask you for some T&Ps for my friends little son who was born w HLHS. I just received news that he most likely will not make it through the day today after a long and hard fought battle... He's a little trooper and I'm hoping that the doctors are wrong and I know that just saying a little prayer (or whatever you prefer) can't hurt...

Thanks in advance my lovely F15er's... :x

Lots of prayers for the little guy!
  • Morning girls

Worked super late last night and im running on 3 hours sleep. Im debating taking dd to school in my pj pants (which wouldn't be attractive mostly because u have to walk her to her classroom). Hopefully I'll be able to take a 2 hour nap while she is at school or work tonight it going to be difficult.

In happier news i got mcdonalds for me and dd this morning after dropping hubs at work.( his car is in the shop... Again. )
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • @ChickenOnSunday, I hope things smooth out for you and W from here on out. Vipers are missing you.

@sugahcookie01, I hope the service helps bring some comfort to the staff and the kids.

@DBJackson25, I'm completely side-eyeing that you don't get to work from home in those conditions. "Dress warm"? Sure: at home, in my PJs, where I'd probably be much more productive!

When the alarm went off this morning, I jumped out of bed in a way I didn't think was physically possible anymore. I'm kind of impressed with myself.

First thing I said to my husband was, "And so begins the last day of the longest week ever." So here's hoping today goes by quickly and with a minimal amount of work angst.
    Awaiting our bundle of cute chaos.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives
  • @lizzybean -- greys is totally getting harder and harder for me to watch. I guess I never paid attention to how far along pregnant patients were before but now it's hard to watch.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • nbad311nbad311 member
    edited November 2014
    @sugahcookie01 , will be thinking about you and the school today.  How sad. 

@chickenonsunday , we collectively determined yesterday that Black Friday shopping/eating is evil.  If you are an employee of one of these retailers and refuse to work such a day, you're basically fired.  BOYCOTT!

I almost hit a deer this morning on my way to work. I was only going about 30MPH, but it was huge and probably within 2 feet of me.  That woulda sucked, especially if there had been airbag deployment.
  • Whiny moment. My veins suck. They are tiny, they like to roll, and most will collapse add soon as you stick them and get a flash. I have one trusty vein that I always tell people to use. But they have to use a butterfly needle or it too will collapse.

I warned the tech this morning that I only have the one good vein and she should start low with sticks if they are going to use it for 4 draws. Yeah, she sick me about 1/3 of the way up and blew it. I already had a hematoma the size of a marble and she was still trying to draw blood from it. Not looking forward to the next 3 draws.

• @chickenonsunday I hope the med change works for Willa!

@lizzybean meet you at the castle?  Just kidding.  I think we're going to Hollywood Studios to see the Disney Jr. show.

@sugahcookie01 we have the memorial for our student today too.  Our department is an emotional mess.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • erobbins09 This will now be your life forever. I never catch up on laundry ever. And no one helps do laundry here. I thik the folding putting away part is the worst.

So I'm happy we now have two working toilets at my house and our heat is on. It was off because of a dumbass mistake DH made. 

SO today I'm going to return DD's coat and the coat I bought myself at burlington coat factory.

My knee is still killing me. Should I be asking for x-rays because no one has taken any of it. They keep telling me it hurts because of the cut on it but I'm pretty sure thats not making it hurt.

Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• HailsMom said:
    Whiny moment. My veins suck. They are tiny, they like to roll, and most will collapse add soon as you stick them and get a flash. I have one trusty vein that I always tell people to use. But they have to use a butterfly needle or it too will collapse. I warned the tech this morning that I only have the one good vein and she should start low with sticks if they are going to use it for 4 draws. Yeah, she sick me about 1/3 of the way up and blew it. I already had a hematoma the size of a marble and she was still trying to draw blood from it. Not looking forward to the next 3 draws.
    Where are they drawing from?  My normal blood-drawing vein (at the elbow crease) sucks too... it's deep and you can't even see it, and I'm always nervous they're going to have to try a million times to get it.  But the one in my wrist/leading up to my hand is ridiculous, huge, and always popping out.  After the tech checked one arm, then the next without confidence yesterday for my glucose test, I suggested the wrist vein (cephalic vein @ the wrist, from pic below for reference) and she happily obliged.  I used to ask at my yearly OBGYN checkups (pre-preg) for them to use this vein and they never did (maybe it's not the correct standard for blood drawing?), so I'm not sure why.  My experience yesterday was the stick hurts more in the wrist than in the elbow, but she nailed it no problem first try and filled 2 vials in about 15 seconds.

• At glucose test waiting for blood draw

Blah
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • nbad311 said:

Where are they drawing from?  My normal blood-drawing vein (at the elbow crease) sucks too... it's deep and you can't even see it, and I'm always nervous they're going to have to try a million times to get it.  But the one in my wrist/leading up to my hand is ridiculous, huge, and always popping out.  After the tech checked one arm, then the next without confidence yesterday for my glucose test, I suggested the wrist vein (cephalic vein @ the wrist, from pic below for reference) and she happily obliged.  I used to ask at my yearly OBGYN checkups (pre-preg) for them to use this vein and they never did (maybe it's not the correct standard for blood drawing?), so I'm not sure why.  My experience yesterday was the stick hurts more in the wrist than in the elbow, but she nailed it no problem first try and filled 2 vials in about 15 seconds.

Most of the time techs will try to go for an AC, big vein in the middle of the inside of your elbow. This is because it's usually the largest and and straighter than most other easy veins. Wrist and hand veins have a lot of valves that can complicate a stick and they do normally hurt more because of the nerves and bony structures.

For me the vein that normally works best is just inside where my AC is. It's tiny, especially compared to my ACs, but for whatever reason usually won't collapse, and everything else will.

Just got the 2nd stick done, going to be another bruise, but not nearly as bad as the first. Half way there!

• @Alygohome‌ thank you so much for putting all of this together. I really appreciate all your effort and am so happy flutter has such an amazing labor buddy. Thank you!
  • Oh no sounds like it going to be a tough day for some of you. I'm sorry.

Woke up to -13 out! Sadly I have to work 2 hours must then I get to head to a message. Do I need a bagel this morning too?
  • Thanks again @AlygohomeI really appreciate what you've done for flutter.

I slept like hell and woke up sore everywhere but DS slept in. He slept in so well and so soundly that I had to check on him this morning. I appreciated the extra 30 minutes of sleep but it didn't make up for the hour I lost last night. Then a great dane ate my cereal while I was taking DS potty and now we've read every book DS owns twice. Not a bad morning considering my dog's a jerk and my whole body aches.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"