May 2015 Moms
Options

Girls Names

Hopefully this post doesn't annoy anyone. I have no idea what I'm having (obviously a baby). I've been thinking about girls names and I have two picked out so far: Willow Grace and Penelope James. Have you guys thought about names yet? Anybody willing to share?

Re: Girls Names

• Options
    It's my dad's name, I thought it would be a cool middle name for a girl
  • Options
    Love Willow!

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love Willow Grace. We had Penelope on our list but axed it when we realised that the NN would most likely be Penny which I really dislike. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am not a fan of Willow, but I love Penelope.
    -----
    DS1:15 
    DS2: 8
    DS3: 2
    Due May 2015 with twin GIRLS!

• Options
    Thanks guys! I like poppy as a nickname for Penelope!
  • Options
    I love Penelope, but DH hates it. @ellab043‌ my favorite nickname for Penelope is Poppy!
    Well hello.. I never even thought of that and absolutely love it! This is one of the many reasons why i love this board! Maybe I can bring it back up to DH :-)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Penelope is my favorite. 
  • Options
    I like Willow, it is adorable but I can't picture the name on an adult maybe because I've never met a Willow in person. Penelope is also a sweet name and I think it works well for all ages.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Both are pretty names...don't think you could go wrong with either one :)

I've always wanted to name my baby girl Avery Elizabeth, but my DH doesn't like it. He doesn't like any of the names I like, and I sure as heck don't like his off-the-wall names he's picked out. We are going to wait and see what the sex is before we start fighting over names. At least we'll only fight for one name, instead of two!
  • Options
    MrsPDXMrsPDX member
    edited November 2014
    I think Penelope James is beautiful! We have decided on Lilian Louise. Louise is a family name. Lilian has always been our first pick, we will use Lily as a nickname.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Matilda Leigh

Adelaide June

Mildred Contessa

All family names
  • Options
    I love Penelope. Willow is also nice, but since my primary association is with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I'm not as drawn to it.

BabyFruit Ticker  image
  • Options
    I like James as a middle name for a girl. That's different :).

I chose MaKhena for a girls name.
  • Options
    I love the idea of Poppy as a NN for Penelope.  

We love Amelia Kay for a girl, but are also having a rough time agreeing on a name for a boy!
  • Options
    I really like James for a middle name. It's different, but I think it works really well. I prefer Penelope over Willow because it seems like I can picture an adult woman named Penelope, but not so much a Willow. Picking names can be so hard!

We just decided yesterday on the name for our girl - Ella Kaitlyn. I know I wanted to tell everyone once we figured it out. Naming your children is such a huge responsibility, isn't it? :)
    BFP 3/30/13, MMC and D&C 4/19/13
    BFP 4/8/14, MMC 5/5/14, D&C 5/9/14
    BFP 8/26/14 Due date 5/8/15

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Amy is a gorgeous name, just sayin :)

I love Penelope, however my mom goes by the nickname Penny, so the hubs would NEVER go for it.

Monster #1- Hunter Fillmore! 10.1.11
     MC 3.20.14 -- 8w3d
    MC 7.11.14-- 5w4d
    Monsterette #2- EDD  5.9.15

• Options

I like both names, but I agree with PPs that it's harder to picture an adult, professional Willow.

We have first names chosen for both sexes, and if it's a boy, the MN will be the same MN as H and FIL's. If it's a girl, my mom will be choosing the MN. So, we are good to go!

Daughter born at 34 weeks due to PPROM, July 2012

Expecting baby #2, May 8, 2015

May 2015 signature challenge for January: "You had ONE job!"

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Oh, one more thing - I have a good friend named Penelope, and she doesn't use any nickname. Nicknames are not required!

Daughter born at 34 weeks due to PPROM, July 2012

Expecting baby #2, May 8, 2015

May 2015 signature challenge for January: "You had ONE job!"

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Penelope is super cute and I have always loved it. Willow just doesn't so much for me.

Duke Winter 10/11/12
    Baby Duex 05/20/15

NYC Momma 

"My stroller is my SUV"
  • Options
    Penelope James!
  • Options
    Penelope is our girl pick so I am biased :) We plan to use Poppy as a nn and Elliot would be the MN

What about Willa? It sounds a bit more grown up than Willow.
    1st BFP- March 2011. Natural MC @ 8 weeks
    2nd BFP- July 2011.  Chemical Pregnancy
    3rd BFP- Sep 2011. My beautiful son was born May 2012.
    4th BFP-August 2014- Due May 12, 2015

• Options
    lysser1218lysser1218 member
    edited November 2014
    I vote Willow! Even though I love James idea.

Even though I have gut instinct I am having a boy... I have only thought of girl names. Most of the family likes time except for the last one. Side note, my middle name is Nicole.

Ava Grace

Chloe Nicole

Gemma Nicole

Boys names I know we are gonna fight. My boyfriend is a second and he is gonna want a third. I don't want to be a ruiner but his name is too generic for me.... Stephen Edward. Plus everyone prenounces his name "Stefan".
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!! I appreciate all the kind comments and suggestions :)
  • Options
    I love Willow but I and super against James for a girl First/middles even a second middle. But I am biased there a little bit. I have a very very traditional male first name (I was named after my dad) and I don't think I could seriously list all the trouble it has given me in life.
  • Options
    I love them both! We're actually thinking of Penelope Mae if we have a girl too :) 

May 2015 Siggy Challenge - You Had One Job
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LOVE the name Willow!

I just found out I'm having a girl, which is great because I've had her name picked out for years, ha! Even before I met DH! Luckily he loves it too... Can't wait to meet my sweet baby Lily Louise!
  • Options
    @MrsPDX‌ OMG same name choice! My grandmothers name is Louise, she was my best friend until she passed in Feb this year. And she always told me I talked about naming my future daughter Lily, even when I was young. You can imagine how excited I am to find out it's all coming true, and Im excited to honor her name :)
  • Options
    mp03jp said:

I love Willow but I and super against James for a girl First/middles even a second middle. But I am biased there a little bit. I have a very very traditional male first name (I was named after my dad) and I don't think I could seriously list all the trouble it has given me in life.

Me too! And mine is a Korean male name. My mom swears it is gender and ethnic neutral but my complementary subscription to Korean playboy says differently! I hate my legal name.

Also of note, I like poppy/Penelope.

• Options

@dukwok I was kicking around Mae as a girl's middle name as well...anyone else? 

• Options
    Penelope is such and adorable name, and I love then name James associated with a girl. With that said, both choices are good and I don't think you can go wrong with either.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I like both names.. Lauren Parker for me if its a girl....
  • Options
    I LOVE Willow, even as an adult! And "boy" names for girls have always been so cute to me. I have a friend Joey and she loves it and as a middle name with a name like Willow i wouldnt even associate that with a boy. I think Willow James sounds like a an actress or singers name. She'll be a rockstar lol
  • Options
    I forgot about Grace. That is pretty too and i would use it if my neices name wasnt Gracelyn. Willow Grace sounds so delicate.
  • Options
    I like Penelope, such a cute name. I I am debating between Jasmine, Olivia, or Ariana:)
  • Options
    I really like Penelope (and someone said Poppy for a nickname - so cute!) And Willow is very pretty. We've decided on Clara Rose if it's a girl :)
  • Options
    We have settled on Harlow Jane for a girl, orHenry James for a boy. I really think it's a girl!
  • Options
    @JC714 @smile55k We decided on Mae to honor DH's aunt who lost her battle to breast cancer. I love the name, and knew if we had a daughter we would want to use Mae. But know that our due date is actually in Mae, I feel like it's a little silly! 

May 2015 Siggy Challenge - You Had One Job
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    dwarren0322dwarren0322 member
    edited November 2014
    I either like Sabriel Grey or Addison Grey (the Grey is after my mawmaw that passed away and Addison is my maiden name), for a girl. Sabriel is my favorite, but the hubby doesn't like it. :( It's just so unique. I also like Jessie James, but I like the other two better, so I doubt we go with that. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"